cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

***Added Labels***

634 REPLIES 634

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

tgrand
I've been here awhile

Was getting Weekly updates by email, but no status update today and no shipping notice and no phones.

The reservation system states the status as in progress.

My queue positions were #8 and #9 of a few hundred.

What got screwed up?!?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tgrand

Are you a business, corporate or regular customer?

If it's a business or corporate reservation then it would show IN PROGRESS for a while until it changes to in activation and shipped.

If you are a regular customer then chances are UPS /QMS did not pick up the item on time and now Monday /Tuesday they will.

tgrand
I've been here awhile

I am a business customer, however, the status updates state that a status email will be sent every Saturday.

They also state that an email will be sent upon shipping.

The email has not been received as they come before 6am every Saturday, but not today.

Also if they state that a shipment email will be sent, then should that not happen?

The lack of a status email has me concerned, that somebody screwed up..

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
love my n8!

also got 200 off from best buy for a flip phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tgrand

Your device has not been shipped yet. That's why you haven't gotten a shipment email. Your status is IN PROGRESS which means they are getting them ready to ship and waiting for UPS or QMS to pick up.

Also do remember that sometimes the system won't send out emails. It may send our a few but miss a few. Been doing this for years so I seen it.

Once it ships out, they will send u a email saying it's been shipped and the status will for Shipped on it.

Until then just wait until it gets shipped out. No one has screwed. The system is doing what it's doing. Patience is key here. Some have shipped out but some have not. It's in progress status. It will ship out soon.

I explained everything on page 1,post 1.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Glad to hear! 🙂

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Not a lot of feedback ( positive or negative ) from those that received their N8's Friday and Saturday.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

I notice only 2 users posting about the feedback about the device being a bit nicer then the S8+. Some posters on MS have posted some of their likes and dislikes but to be honest not as many as before though.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
It's because we( Me & my friends) and many others are busy playing with the phone. No time to post and assumed everyone knows nothing come close. X is an old tech junk anyway so we don't even need to compare.
Go to YouTube and there are thousands of people posting positive feedback and also how difference N8 is with S8+.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

I think what @wpd1 is saying is that for many year whoever got the phone at the store used to come and say a few good things and few negative things. Lately with the S8 and the Note 8 not many are anymore. Also YouTube is great and all but it seems like some get paid or get free products to do reviews on devices. Noticed this my self with speaking with a few reviewers.

So all in all I remember when we used to get devices and come back here to post what's good and what's bad. Guess everyone moved on from that or to busy. It's okay!

5five5
I plan to stick around
Hi all. I've been busy messing with my Note 8. It's a great device. I think that Bixby is underrated. The app is incredibly useful and does things no other voice assistant can. I am able to control virtually all aspects of the device via Bixby.

The screen is simply stunning as expected. Every year I am impressed with the quality of Samsung's screens.

The one huge letdown for me is the camera modes. When you click to download additional modes, there are only 3 modes. Gone are the Photosphere, Dual Camera, and others. I had to side load them via a backup from my Note 5.

Last night I filmed a short video clip on the way to my home. Low light is great. Best I have seen on a phone I have owned.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

I have been working outside in the yard all weekend so haven't had much time with the phone but so far it's great. The screen is awesome!!!!!!!

I picked up a cheap $15 case friendly tempered glass screen protector on Amazon and while it fits great with my Spigen Thin Fit case it's brutal for screen sensitivity/responsiveness. I have to push harder than usual and tap the screen multiple times to get it to respond. But that's nothing to do with the phone and I feel better that it's protected 🙂 

Looking forward to spending some time with it this week.

Mandi_S
I plan to stick around
Been playing with mine since Friday and totally loving it. Not a fan of bixby, it was doing this weird thing where it would randomly launch. So I disabled the voice part and it's been good since. I prefer Google assistant. Iris scanner is fast, haven't needed the fingerprint scanner very much.
The screen is awesome, I turned down the resolution to save battery and can't even tell its been lowered.
This phone is huge! Makes my S7 feel tiny now that I've been playing with this for a couple days.
So scared to drop it so I've had a death grip on it since I got my hands on it.

comcry
I plan to stick around
UPS screwed up. They did not deliver my phone on Friday and noted the account as wrong street number. When I called in to confirm they had the correct street number! So once again, I did not get my phone on launch day! Still waiting! Only heard great things about the phone! Can't wait to get it today. Fingers crossed!

5five5
I plan to stick around
I hope you get it today. I must say, UPS has been fast for me the past year. I'm quite confident that you will receive it today.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

Oh man that sucks! Well I hope you get it today and enjoy it! L

Artem_alf
I plan to stick around
Hopping to get mine today too it was shipped to the store last Friday. Can't wait to get it.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Thanks all! Heard from UPS this morning. Apparently they had a new driver in the neighbourhood Friday. He wasn't familiar with my street. I'm looking forward to getting it today. So far, looking good! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

I am HUP under a corporate account. PO the phone on Sept 10 and was 355 in line at the time. On saturday it updated on the business page and I am now 152 in line. Will that number continue to update as they ship phones out or will it not change until the phones are shipped?

I wish there was some clarity. Online chat has no idea. Suggested to HUP in store and ask them to give me the preorder bonuses samsung was offering (lol I doubt it).

Will my 152# stay there even as I do go lower since you're only supposed to get updates once a week or is that a live number is what I'm asking. Wish I knew if they had stock or didn't have stock. Just don't know if I should expect a surprise shipping notification

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @moosiegoosie

I tried my best to explain everything on page 1,post 1.

That number will need reach to #0 and then ship out for u. The stores are not allowed to give out stock like that. Whoever told u is giving false information. The pre orders are done via Samsung once u have registered that u signed up for it and then sign into the device it self once u get it. The stores can't give out.

Also some stores can not access business or corporate accounts. Some can though. Depends on each store.

I would suggest waiting or try contact a Rogers authorized location and see if they can do the upgrade for u and if they have stock.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Do you know;  is queue number live on the rogers business self serve site that shows your position or will it not update until it ships?