Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Gurneet

Yes for my S8+. They wanted me to log in and did it via the device. Showed those status and then changed to shipped after.

No the sim card won't do anything towards the promotion. They just want u to log into the device via Samsung account to register the IMEI and serial number. To make sure that's its a Note 8 and it's for the promotion.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I bought Note 8 directly from Best Buy. They said that I would receive an email with the unlock code -- well I did get the code, all it showed was code # 0

Wow. and try to get a hold of anyone at best buy on the phone or in person at any location is a chore in itself. I guess that I have to go back to the store Monday morning for a resolve..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angelop

Oh wow. I have heard this happen before.

Believe me working at Best Buy was a hassle to pick up the phones. They have 1 person taking the phones other then customer service and that's the reserve in store person which can be on the phone the whole day lol.

Believe me when I say this, just go to the store and speak to the manager. Not the mobile manager but the store manager. The mobile manager at times won't even do anything but u can speak to them if u wish. I worked at the one in Toronto and Scarborough so I know a few tricks as well if need be lol.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Was getting Weekly updates by email, but no status update today and no shipping notice and no phones.

The reservation system states the status as in progress.

My queue positions were #8 and #9 of a few hundred.

What got screwed up?!?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tgrand

Are you a business, corporate or regular customer?

If it's a business or corporate reservation then it would show IN PROGRESS for a while until it changes to in activation and shipped.

If you are a regular customer then chances are UPS /QMS did not pick up the item on time and now Monday /Tuesday they will.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am a business customer, however, the status updates state that a status email will be sent every Saturday.

They also state that an email will be sent upon shipping.

The email has not been received as they come before 6am every Saturday, but not today.

Also if they state that a shipment email will be sent, then should that not happen?

The lack of a status email has me concerned, that somebody screwed up..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

love my n8!

also got 200 off from best buy for a flip phone.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tgrand

Your device has not been shipped yet. That's why you haven't gotten a shipment email. Your status is IN PROGRESS which means they are getting them ready to ship and waiting for UPS or QMS to pick up.

Also do remember that sometimes the system won't send out emails. It may send our a few but miss a few. Been doing this for years so I seen it.

Once it ships out, they will send u a email saying it's been shipped and the status will for Shipped on it.

Until then just wait until it gets shipped out. No one has screwed. The system is doing what it's doing. Patience is key here. Some have shipped out but some have not. It's in progress status. It will ship out soon.

I explained everything on page 1,post 1.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

Glad to hear! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not a lot of feedback ( positive or negative ) from those that received their N8's Friday and Saturday.