Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @stevenewman2508

Some reps are like that. Call back and ask to speak to the manager or the supervisor on duty. Although they are allowed to tell you that, they should be more careful lol.
I've Been Here Awhile

well this sucks, I pre-ordered on the 4th so I could have my note 8 on release day. I figured it would show up either the day before or on release day at the latest. And after spending almost 2 weeks at #235 in line and watching the #'s count down on the rogersdirect site all morning down to #45 at 11:30 local time, it started to count back up by 1:30. And now at 4:30 it seems to be stuck at #47 of 260 and I'm really losing faith in rogers commitment on this pre-order as its getting to be late in the day and being friday I'm kind of bummed out because I may not get my new toy till monday evening. I think this will be the last time I pre-order with rogers.

Not Impressed.......

I've Been Here Awhile

... just checked again and now I'm still #47 but its 47 of 259.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pilly33

Again as i said some may not get it at launch. Doing a reservation does not mean u will be the first one to get it at launch or before anyone else.

As a business / corporate customer i did also explain that yours may be late as per page 1 Post 1.

I believe they still need to fix this but i did mention all this before.

Hope u get it monday
I Plan to Stick Around

when the s8+ was released. my reservation was mixed in with the store stock.

first call, one of the reps said my order never arrived.
called a second time later in the day. someone actually double checked the preorder list to store stock and found the mistake.

mistakes happen.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers isn't charging to unlock phones. I unlocked my iPhone at no charge last week. I sold it and wanted it unlocked. They did for free without even asking to waive fee. Also I bought Note 8 directly from Samsung and it didn't come with any unlock code.
I Plan to Stick Around

I want to make sure I did things right to get the pre order gifts to the next step. All I did was log in to my Samsung account when doing setup and now on the Samsung site it shows "in progress" so am I good?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Japetto

Actually they are. You just got lucky that they did it for you for free. They can by pass the system and do it for free if they want to but most of not All stores charge the fee same with the call center.

The CRTC ruling hasn't come in affect yet so the carriers still charge. The store u went too did it for free without caring per say. The $50 charge is still there though for most.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Yes that is good! They will change it to Shipped once they have shipped them out!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I finally got a MSG that my phone is shipped to the store yaaaay !!! When do you think I'm gonna get it ??? Monday ??? Thanks.