Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @5five5

Glad to hear! Happy for everyone who is getting it!
I Plan to Stick Around

so i have been using it for a bit now. like the screen. much nicer then s8. pen is awesome as well. 

had to pay $750 even though i am on 115/month plan. strange

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sorry but what does MS stand for?

Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mobile Syrup
I Plan to Stick Around

thank you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

Do you know if the NOTE 8 from Rogers are unlocked? I'm asking because my frd just picked up one from the Samsung Store which usually provides the Unlock Code however he was told they all come unlocked now. With CRTC restricting providers from locking their phone end of this year, I'm wondering if these phones already comes unlocked. I do not have another provider sim to try.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Meowie

That CRTC rule starts December 1st. So once December 1st comes, u can have Rogers unlock ur Note 8 for free no questions asked. All phones purchased before December 1st have to be unlocked for free from the carriers. After December 1st all phones are factory unlocked by default.

He got it from the Samsung store and not a carrier store. So his will come with a unlock code as per Samsung. Carriers do not do that. U have to pay $50 to Roger to unlock ur phone right now or wait until December.
I Plan to Stick Around

The new CRTC rules don't kick in until 1 Dec. That doesn't mean the new phones Aren't coming unlocked now.
I Plan to Stick Around

Picked mine up, also had to pay $750 even though my plan is $120 it's a Premium plan not Premium + so I would of had to go from 10gb @ $120 to 7gb @ $130 to pay the $550 for the phone which doesn't make sense so I paid the extra up front.

Haven't played with it yet but will do that tonight.

Rogers dude said Samsung is supposed to do something for Note 7 owners but had no details and who knows where he heard/read that from so could be just the same info we have.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow sent
My note 8 for store pick up called store to se if its in sales rep tells me he is to buys to check lol