cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

***Added Labels***

634 REPLIES 634

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

comcry
I plan to stick around
Anyone watching the apple keynote contemplating cancelling note pre- order? Just curious! Feels like they are just catching up to Samsung to me! 🤣

Although price $699(us) sounds great!! But there is more to come... Still watching for iphone X!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

They are to be honest. Even the iPhone X is. In the end Samsung has had the same if not more things into their phones then apple has. So stay with the Note 8!

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Display made by Samsung anyways. Looking at Tim Coke saying they innovate this and that makes me laugh. Should say we copy this and that.lol

smuggietwoshoes
I've been here awhile

I've been quietly following this thread since pre-ordering on the evening of Aug. 23. I chose ship-to-home so I've NO idea where I'm at in any queue, but, I'm getting REALLY excited. And no regrets after seeing the Apple reveals today. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @smuggietwoshoes

Welcome aboard! Indeed the Note 8 is a amazing device! You should get a notification the day before or the day of launch

smuggietwoshoes
I've been here awhile

I've been a Note fan since 4, still have a 5, didn't get a 7 before they started having issues... We've been waiting a long while for this one. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @smuggietwoshoes

I won't lie the Note 7 was magnificent and to be honest the BEST Note that came out.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Nothing like an iPhone launch to make you feel better about your Galaxy Note device. Really, how does anyone feel like Apple is innovative? I used to be a die hard iPhone user up until 5 then moved to the Note 4 and never looked back. Today's announcements did nothing to change that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

It did for some waiting on end for Samsung Canada to announce what we are getting. To be honest as I said to someone else, what they are charging for is what Samsung, LG and others have had for a whole hense the OLED display and A11 chip. That's all.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Feeling very excited about my decision! Best part of all we only have 3 days left to wait. That also means Samsung only has 3 days left to advise about the Canadian discount! Get it together Samsung! I purchased the Note 7 from Samsung directly and the Note 8 from Rogers! Hopefully it won't matter!

Awcrimety
I plan to stick around
The Rogers website is pretty misleading in that it says you get the device faster if you ship to home,...seems like most people will receive in store Friday, but if doesn't even ship out until that day for those that selected ship to home,...doesn't seem 'faster'

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Awcrimety

I want to correct you on something as I think u didn't see all the sides on this.

With the S8 and S8+ and the iPhone 7 launches, most of not 90 of the ship to home options for it at launch date. So no its not " misleading". It's saying the truth.

Do also remember that doing it from the reservation system does not guarantee that u will get it at launch even if ur status is IN PROGRESS. Doing these threads for almost 5 years now and I can tell u I have seen many IN PROGRESS getting their device days after launch when the IN PROGRESS status was put middle of the week before launch.

You won't get it before launch when u pick Ship to home. The faster part means that u will get it faster using the method instead of traveling to the store, signing the contract and waiting in store to get it.. You have it shipped to your home without leaving. That's what it means. Faster again doesn't mean u will get it before anyone else or before launch.

I see ur point but I think u missed a few points.:)

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Lol, I'll still say it's a bit misleading. Not everyone read this forum, based on the description when I order, it only say you will get the phone faster if you pay it outright. No explanation of what is faster. Few of my friends pick that option because the description does made them think they'll get the phone faster (at least a day) from general public who'd preordered.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

I see what you are saying BUT The title would say " if you pick SHIP TO HOME option, you will u will get as fast as getting it a day before launch" or in the words of that. It only says FASTER in which doesn't state neither u would get it before the official launch date.

" Limited availability. Be one of the first to get this device and have it shipped to your home." No where does it say it will be shipped before the launch date like it did with the S8 ( when Samsung had that promotion).

Either way it doesn't mean u will get it before launch. Actually Rogers could get a huge fine if they did that unless the manufacturer authorities it in which they don't ( only did it with the S8/S8+).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Awcrimety and @germain18_2006

Hopefully this explains a bit more.

" What is the difference between making a pre-order or backorder that will ship to my home versus one for pick up in store?

When you make a pre-order or backorder that will ship to your home, you select your device and plan. Payment is taken upfront and the device will ship to the address of your choice as soon inventory becomes available. This means from the time of ordering you have paid for and committed to your new device. Note: if you are upgrading and making a plan change as part of your pre-order or backorder, your new plan will take effect immediately despite not yet having received your new device.

When you pre-order or backorder for pick up in store, you are asking for a device to be set aside at a store location of your choosing and payment is taken when you pick it up from the store."

This all comes down to the choice u pick. Faster in the end means u get it at home without going to the store and dealing with store reps, contracts and having to wait in line at the store. Remember Fridays they are busy and with some launches, the systems do have issues. All iPhone launches and the S8 launch had this issue. So getting it shipped to home is faster then in store.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Lol...If Rogers had included detail info like yours I'm sure ppl will not get confused as they do now..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

The information I gave out is from the Rogers site :). Lol that's how I know it. Unfortunately they haven't made it easy to understand it or find it but found it lol.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

So nothing from Samsung Canada, dissapointing, I was hoping it would just "add" to the pre-order gifts but they may have something else in mind.

Does anyone know if there's any other trade in options/offers for the Note 8?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

It seems like some are being told to wait a bit longer. They are thinking that they are waiting until the pre order gifts are done ( bonus items and date) and then announce it. So it's either the gifts or the incentive as some are saying. It's sad that Samsung Canada is doing this really.

Unfortunately no other information on what deals or bonus items are coming.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix Yeah if it's an either/or situation that would suck I would like the opportunity to chose whether I want say money off or pre-order gifts. I guess they still have a couple days to come up with something.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Yeah that's true. We shall see what they do. Hopefully it's tomorrow.