Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

As reported on here, Samsung Canada said the same thing the day they announced the note 8. Don't know what shortly means to them.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jkennedy1

Sorry to burst your bubble but Samsung Canada said the same thing when the Note 8 was announce 2 weeks ago as well lol. We had posted this earlier in the thread as well!

Shortly was 2 weeks ago when they said the same sentence to everyone and continue to say the same script to everyone lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol, this is epic.

I spoke with them last week and they told me we get nothing, and the week prior they said it cannot be confirmed weather or not we will have a discount.....

I feel like they are slowly turning into a subsidiary of Apple inc 😮

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jkennedy1

Samsung Canada isn't really worth it anymore to be honest. It might be the last time I get a Samsung device. They keep making excuses and won't even do anything. They make us wait meanwhile Every other country knows what they are getting.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly that is what they have been saying since Aug 23 and nothing has been announced

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Japetto

That is correct. I honestly gave up. I was going to sell my S8+ for the Note 8 if the would have said something but since they didn't, I won't. I'll just keep my S8+ and wait until next year. Might even skipp that too.

Its frustrating knowing the manufacturer of this device can't even make up their minds.
I Plan to Stick Around

looks like it's already had it's first price drop.... it was 1325 when i did the preorder, now it's 1299 no term. Not huge, but I read that Best Buy in the US dropped 150 bucks so I thought I'd check it out.

I've Been Around

Do you think Rogers will substantially discount the phone for New Years Eve? I paid 470+100 outstanding for that phone before taxes and if it's already being discounted... 100 of carry-over handset fees would go away by itself, and if Rogers may be discounting the note8 by the Eve to at most 249, it makes sense to cancel and wait.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @maxstep

Most likely yes. Best Buy does deals as well during Black Friday / VIP and during the holidays. Same with Rogers so I would wait as the upfront payment will be less.
I Plan to Stick Around

How did you pay 470? Rogers wouldn't do anything with the price for me, and its 549