cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

***Added Labels***

634 REPLIES 634

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

5five5
I plan to stick around
I sure would not mind seeing it a bit early. This year I preordered using the ship to home option for the first time. I usually use the reserve option and pick up in store. If it arrives on launch day, I'm happy.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

Yours will end up being shipped the day of the launch as i remember with all the ship to home launches. So u will get it. 🙂

G_Money
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

It's true that the carriers announced the early release for pre-orders, but that link you added there is to a constantly updated page. The early release was not announced when pre-orders opened, but about a week later.

I didn't say anything about Rogers being the only one to release the phones early, nor did I suggest that they did so or would do so without Samsung Canada's explicit permission. All I said was that Rogers released them early... which they did.

Given that we're still about a week and a half away from the official release date, I think it's fair to let people who didn't experience the S8 release know that Rogers (and Samsung Canada) have released a phone early in the recent past. In fact, it was their most recent flagship launch.

Rogers may still announce an early release for the Note 8, but more importantly, we are still waiting on what sort of benefit Samsung Canada will be giving Note 7 owners. Australians were informed over the weekend that they would get $250 off the cost for former Note 7 owners. Let's hope we here something soon.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @G_Money

Oh I know but as per the rules with Samsung Canada and the emails as per Samsung Canada I have seen towards Best Buy and Rogers, the firm date is the launch date given. Rogers can NOT release them early unless Samsung Canada says it publicly they will give all the carriers this option or Rogers. That's how usually it works down here..

In the states its different playing field.
Since we are almost a week and half away from launch, Rogers won't release it early I can guarantee you that.. I also have a screen shot of the image of the Rogers advertisement showing " Pre order the Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus before April 11th and pre order shipments will start as early as April 17th". That was posted 2 days after the pre orders opened which was April 2nd. Seeing as we have passed 2 weeks already since the actual announcement of the Note 8, really doubt they would release it early. Again it's not up to Rogers, Samsung Canada controls the dates and pricing.

Either way we are still waiting as u said about the deal with the Note 7 owners that had it for the Note 8.

Many are getting upset and frustrated with this with their right. I wonder what's going on to cause this hold up with us here.. Do they not know what they are doing? Many have been told different stories lol.

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

How would previous owners be able to prove they owned the Note 7? 

I can understand if you stayed within the same carrier and they can look it up somehow I am sure, but what if you have moved carriers? (not me, I have been with Rogers forever) I'm sure there is more than one person who had a Note 7 with Bell let's say, and is now with Rogers a year later...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

They will go by what your Samsung account shows. Every time u log into ur Samsung account, it records what device u are using. Either that or they will ask u for the Bill or purchase of the Note 7. In the US, you can only do this with Samsung so they check ur Samsung account and make sure u had a Note 7.

5five5
I plan to stick around
Great. I already marked September 15th on my calendar. If it arrives that day, it will make for a pretty cool Friday evening for me. Phone releases bring out the Christmas Eve child in us.

Jkennedy1
I plan to stick around

Samsung Canada Live Chat just told me that they will have an offer for Canadians whom preordered the note 7, and note 8. And that details should be announced shortly! 😄 WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, #Can'tWait

wpd1
I plan to stick around
As reported on here, Samsung Canada said the same thing the day they announced the note 8. Don't know what shortly means to them.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jkennedy1

Sorry to burst your bubble but Samsung Canada said the same thing when the Note 8 was announce 2 weeks ago as well lol. We had posted this earlier in the thread as well!

Shortly was 2 weeks ago when they said the same sentence to everyone and continue to say the same script to everyone lol.

Jkennedy1
I plan to stick around

Lol, this is epic.

I spoke with them last week and they told me we get nothing, and the week prior they said it cannot be confirmed weather or not we will have a discount.....

I feel like they are slowly turning into a subsidiary of Apple inc 😮

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jkennedy1

Samsung Canada isn't really worth it anymore to be honest. It might be the last time I get a Samsung device. They keep making excuses and won't even do anything. They make us wait meanwhile Every other country knows what they are getting.

Japetto
I plan to stick around

Sadly that is what they have been saying since Aug 23 and nothing has been announced

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

That is correct. I honestly gave up. I was going to sell my S8+ for the Note 8 if the would have said something but since they didn't, I won't. I'll just keep my S8+ and wait until next year. Might even skipp that too.

Its frustrating knowing the manufacturer of this device can't even make up their minds.

Mandi_S
I plan to stick around

looks like it's already had it's first price drop.... it was 1325 when i did the preorder, now it's 1299 no term. Not huge, but I read that Best Buy in the US dropped 150 bucks so I thought I'd check it out.

maxstep
I've been around
Do you think Rogers will substantially discount the phone for New Years Eve? I paid 470+100 outstanding for that phone before taxes and if it's already being discounted... 100 of carry-over handset fees would go away by itself, and if Rogers may be discounting the note8 by the Eve to at most 249, it makes sense to cancel and wait.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @maxstep

Most likely yes. Best Buy does deals as well during Black Friday / VIP and during the holidays. Same with Rogers so I would wait as the upfront payment will be less.

Awcrimety
I plan to stick around
How did you pay 470? Rogers wouldn't do anything with the price for me, and its 549

angelop
I plan to stick around

Check this link out and tell me what you think.

They are offering the note 8 for 999.00.

Legit ????

http://www.mycellaccessories.ca/en/samsung-galaxy-note-8-factory-unlocked-by-samsung.html#/

angelop
I plan to stick around

Oh I forgot they pay the taxes and shipping as well.

Japetto
I plan to stick around

You can use code 15%OFF to save another $150.  Hard to say if they are legit resellers, they are not listed on the Samsung site as Authorized and online reviews are mixed.  Maybe send Samsung a message on facebook or twitter and see what they say.