Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

And we still don't know what Samsung Canada is doing to compensate Note 7 people with the Note 8.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Nope. Unfortunately this is leaving a very bad taste in many people's mouths at this point.
I Plan to Stick Around

I sure would not mind seeing it a bit early. This year I preordered using the ship to home option for the first time. I usually use the reserve option and pick up in store. If it arrives on launch day, I'm happy.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @5five5

Yours will end up being shipped the day of the launch as i remember with all the ship to home launches. So u will get it. 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

It's true that the carriers announced the early release for pre-orders, but that link you added there is to a constantly updated page. The early release was not announced when pre-orders opened, but about a week later.

I didn't say anything about Rogers being the only one to release the phones early, nor did I suggest that they did so or would do so without Samsung Canada's explicit permission. All I said was that Rogers released them early... which they did.

Given that we're still about a week and a half away from the official release date, I think it's fair to let people who didn't experience the S8 release know that Rogers (and Samsung Canada) have released a phone early in the recent past. In fact, it was their most recent flagship launch.

Rogers may still announce an early release for the Note 8, but more importantly, we are still waiting on what sort of benefit Samsung Canada will be giving Note 7 owners. Australians were informed over the weekend that they would get $250 off the cost for former Note 7 owners. Let's hope we here something soon.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @G_Money

Oh I know but as per the rules with Samsung Canada and the emails as per Samsung Canada I have seen towards Best Buy and Rogers, the firm date is the launch date given. Rogers can NOT release them early unless Samsung Canada says it publicly they will give all the carriers this option or Rogers. That's how usually it works down here..

In the states its different playing field.
Since we are almost a week and half away from launch, Rogers won't release it early I can guarantee you that.. I also have a screen shot of the image of the Rogers advertisement showing " Pre order the Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus before April 11th and pre order shipments will start as early as April 17th". That was posted 2 days after the pre orders opened which was April 2nd. Seeing as we have passed 2 weeks already since the actual announcement of the Note 8, really doubt they would release it early. Again it's not up to Rogers, Samsung Canada controls the dates and pricing.

Either way we are still waiting as u said about the deal with the Note 7 owners that had it for the Note 8.

Many are getting upset and frustrated with this with their right. I wonder what's going on to cause this hold up with us here.. Do they not know what they are doing? Many have been told different stories lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

How would previous owners be able to prove they owned the Note 7? 

I can understand if you stayed within the same carrier and they can look it up somehow I am sure, but what if you have moved carriers? (not me, I have been with Rogers forever) I'm sure there is more than one person who had a Note 7 with Bell let's say, and is now with Rogers a year later...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

They will go by what your Samsung account shows. Every time u log into ur Samsung account, it records what device u are using. Either that or they will ask u for the Bill or purchase of the Note 7. In the US, you can only do this with Samsung so they check ur Samsung account and make sure u had a Note 7.
I Plan to Stick Around

Great. I already marked September 15th on my calendar. If it arrives that day, it will make for a pretty cool Friday evening for me. Phone releases bring out the Christmas Eve child in us.
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Canada Live Chat just told me that they will have an offer for Canadians whom preordered the note 7, and note 8. And that details should be announced shortly! 😄 WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, #Can'tWait