cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

***Added Labels***

634 REPLIES 634

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @stevenewman2508

Normally all provinces when calling into retentions they do this lol. They have waived my upgrade fees and given me credits many times and so have many others. In all QB is always lucky as they have different pricing then us in ON, BC, AB and the rest.

Its good they did that though!

stevenewman2508
I plan to stick around
They did for me got confirmation nuber and it will be credited when i activate it

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @stevenewman2508

Thats great! 🙂

stevenewman2508
I plan to stick around
I m sure u could call and argue with them say u are going to get it in quebec all new phones are unlocked so u could go with anyone

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @stevenewman2508

Yes but that is also lying to get a discount and potentially fraud to get a discount if i am not mistaken. If anyone wants to do that so be it but remember, most reps and managers are aware of phone calls like that and can cause problems. Just a heads up. When I worked at Best Buy and had customers try this, we told them no and if they kept trying, we kicked them out the store. Discounts are for the ones that deserve them and not the ones that just want it just for the kick of it. That's how I see it.

I would just call into Rogers and speak to retentions and see what they can offer without lying about going to another province to get a phone.

stevenewman2508
I plan to stick around
Ur right but not sure why i would get that deal and not u

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @stevenewman2508

Because you are in QB. They have different deals and discounts then anyone else in Ontario, Alberta and BC. QB has differed as well.

Rogers also does not price match in Ontario and the rest of the provinces other then MB or QB ( within those carriers inside those 2 provinces only).

If i call Rogers and ask them to price match QB pricing, they won't do it.

IainS
I plan to stick around

i did the preorder on the 23rd, got a text message saying thanks for preordering, nothing showing on my rogers that the device is actually preordered and what number i am, talking with rogers customer service online, they tell me an order was placed, still haven't received any kind of email confirmation of the order, im worried that it didn't go thru now.

stevenewman2508
I plan to stick around
Login to ur rogers account and preorder another one when u pick the phone it will show u u aready have one open and will tell u what number u are

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lianS

Did you log into my Rogers and do a reservation having the device sent to a store or did u pre order ship to home?

Ship to home does NOT show a status on what que you are in. The only email u will get is a shipment email. I explained this on page 1, post 1.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @stevenewman2508

It sounds like they picked "pre order ship to home" option which does NOT appear on the reservation nor a que as explained on Page 1, post one by me.

5five5
I plan to stick around

The same this happened to me when I pre-ordered and selected Ship to Home.  If I go into my account and click upgrade on the number I pre-ordered with, a blank error message pops up.  I contacted support and they confirmed that there was an order placed. She could not explain why no confirmation email went out.  The other day, I received a text message saying that Shave pre-ordered the Note 8 and should remember to sign up for the free gifts.  Thanks for explaining this to us MeowMix.  Just thought I might chip in my experience for others to take note.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

Yeah they normally have had issues with sending out confirmation emails when doing the ship to home option. Noticed this first with the Note 7 and iPhone 7 last year. Then the same happened with the S8/S8 Plus. So i believe they haven't enabled this or its a huge glitch.

Either way a ship to home option is great but u won't see a status or a que as u know ( this goes for anyone else that wants to know too). The only email u will get is either from UPS or QMS saying its been shipped out. Including the last email by Rogers as well.

Artem_alf
I plan to stick around

So when do they start shipping devices to the stores usually ???

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Artem_alf

They usually ship them to the store 1-2 days before launch or the day of launch. Even if the device is in store a day or two, they won't release them until the launch date.

IainS
I plan to stick around

thanks for the reply, sorry didn't read the explanation on page 1, my fault. Yes seems to be an issue with their email system as customer service shows it being ordered and that i should have received an email as it is a 2 step process when you ship to home. I also received a sms saying thanks for the pre order and goto Samsung to register for your free items. I had this issue when i ordered my s8 plus too.

I do know both Verizon and tmobile in the states have started shipping these devices early and hopefully rogers will do the same. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IainS

Rogers won't do the same unless they want to get fined or the devices pulled from them. No Canadian carrier has rights exclusive rights to release a phone before launch unless the manufacturer says so. In the US some carriers have this right and they let them do it under a contract. That's why u see them doing it. You will just have to wait until launch date I am afraid.

G_Money
I plan to stick around

Just to get everybody's hopes up: the S8s were actually released early by Rogers in April. I think we got them 3 or 4 business days in advance of the street date.

That being said, it wasn't all rosy; Rogers was completely unprepared and could not actually give you the device on the initial day they told us to show up, so we had to come back the next day after the systems were fixed overnight. We did still get the S8s before official launch. There's hope that we could get them early next week, especially given how early they're being released in the US.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @G_Money

I wouldn't give false hopes to users.

Yes but it was ALL Canadian carriers who did the pre order before the date they got. It was Samsung Canada which gave the early launch date to all carriers. Not just Rogers. So don't get people's hopes up lol.

Whoever pre ordered the S8/S8 Plus before the 12th of April got it on the 17th /18th of April instead of the 21st. Samsung Canada made this rule not Rogers. So that's why it was released early for pre orders ONLY.

In this case with the Note 8, there is no early release date. Just the original one. Link is below showing that all carriers with the S8/S8+ pre orders got them early as per Samsung.

" While April 21st is the official launch date for the Samsung Galaxy S8, many carriers have stated that pre-order customers will see the device as early as April 17th — and it looks like Rogers is on track to hit that date exactly.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Canadian carriers start shipping Samsung Galaxy S8 customer pre-orders"

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/03/29/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-canadian-pre-order-pricing-information/

wpd1
I plan to stick around
And we still don't know what Samsung Canada is doing to compensate Note 7 people with the Note 8.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Nope. Unfortunately this is leaving a very bad taste in many people's mouths at this point.