Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @lianS

Did you log into my Rogers and do a reservation having the device sent to a store or did u pre order ship to home?

Ship to home does NOT show a status on what que you are in. The only email u will get is a shipment email. I explained this on page 1, post 1.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stevenewman2508

It sounds like they picked "pre order ship to home" option which does NOT appear on the reservation nor a que as explained on Page 1, post one by me.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The same this happened to me when I pre-ordered and selected Ship to Home.  If I go into my account and click upgrade on the number I pre-ordered with, a blank error message pops up.  I contacted support and they confirmed that there was an order placed. She could not explain why no confirmation email went out.  The other day, I received a text message saying that Shave pre-ordered the Note 8 and should remember to sign up for the free gifts.  Thanks for explaining this to us MeowMix.  Just thought I might chip in my experience for others to take note.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @5five5

Yeah they normally have had issues with sending out confirmation emails when doing the ship to home option. Noticed this first with the Note 7 and iPhone 7 last year. Then the same happened with the S8/S8 Plus. So i believe they haven't enabled this or its a huge glitch.

Either way a ship to home option is great but u won't see a status or a que as u know ( this goes for anyone else that wants to know too). The only email u will get is either from UPS or QMS saying its been shipped out. Including the last email by Rogers as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

So when do they start shipping devices to the stores usually ???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Artem_alf

They usually ship them to the store 1-2 days before launch or the day of launch. Even if the device is in store a day or two, they won't release them until the launch date.
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the reply, sorry didn't read the explanation on page 1, my fault. Yes seems to be an issue with their email system as customer service shows it being ordered and that i should have received an email as it is a 2 step process when you ship to home. I also received a sms saying thanks for the pre order and goto Samsung to register for your free items. I had this issue when i ordered my s8 plus too.

I do know both Verizon and tmobile in the states have started shipping these devices early and hopefully rogers will do the same. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @IainS

Rogers won't do the same unless they want to get fined or the devices pulled from them. No Canadian carrier has rights exclusive rights to release a phone before launch unless the manufacturer says so. In the US some carriers have this right and they let them do it under a contract. That's why u see them doing it. You will just have to wait until launch date I am afraid.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just to get everybody's hopes up: the S8s were actually released early by Rogers in April. I think we got them 3 or 4 business days in advance of the street date.

That being said, it wasn't all rosy; Rogers was completely unprepared and could not actually give you the device on the initial day they told us to show up, so we had to come back the next day after the systems were fixed overnight. We did still get the S8s before official launch. There's hope that we could get them early next week, especially given how early they're being released in the US.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @G_Money

I wouldn't give false hopes to users.

Yes but it was ALL Canadian carriers who did the pre order before the date they got. It was Samsung Canada which gave the early launch date to all carriers. Not just Rogers. So don't get people's hopes up lol.

Whoever pre ordered the S8/S8 Plus before the 12th of April got it on the 17th /18th of April instead of the 21st. Samsung Canada made this rule not Rogers. So that's why it was released early for pre orders ONLY.

In this case with the Note 8, there is no early release date. Just the original one. Link is below showing that all carriers with the S8/S8+ pre orders got them early as per Samsung.

" While April 21st is the official launch date for the Samsung Galaxy S8, many carriers have stated that pre-order customers will see the device as early as April 17th — and it looks like Rogers is on track to hit that date exactly.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Canadian carriers start shipping Samsung Galaxy S8 customer pre-orders"

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/03/29/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-canadian-pre-order-pricing-information/