Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Just called in last night and the retention dept gave me 100 dollar credit
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stevenewman2508

Normally all provinces when calling into retentions they do this lol. They have waived my upgrade fees and given me credits many times and so have many others. In all QB is always lucky as they have different pricing then us in ON, BC, AB and the rest.

Its good they did that though!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They did for me got confirmation nuber and it will be credited when i activate it
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stevenewman2508

Thats great! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I m sure u could call and argue with them say u are going to get it in quebec all new phones are unlocked so u could go with anyone
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stevenewman2508

Yes but that is also lying to get a discount and potentially fraud to get a discount if i am not mistaken. If anyone wants to do that so be it but remember, most reps and managers are aware of phone calls like that and can cause problems. Just a heads up. When I worked at Best Buy and had customers try this, we told them no and if they kept trying, we kicked them out the store. Discounts are for the ones that deserve them and not the ones that just want it just for the kick of it. That's how I see it.

I would just call into Rogers and speak to retentions and see what they can offer without lying about going to another province to get a phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ur right but not sure why i would get that deal and not u
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stevenewman2508

Because you are in QB. They have different deals and discounts then anyone else in Ontario, Alberta and BC. QB has differed as well.

Rogers also does not price match in Ontario and the rest of the provinces other then MB or QB ( within those carriers inside those 2 provinces only).

If i call Rogers and ask them to price match QB pricing, they won't do it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i did the preorder on the 23rd, got a text message saying thanks for preordering, nothing showing on my rogers that the device is actually preordered and what number i am, talking with rogers customer service online, they tell me an order was placed, still haven't received any kind of email confirmation of the order, im worried that it didn't go thru now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Login to ur rogers account and preorder another one when u pick the phone it will show u u aready have one open and will tell u what number u are