cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

***Added Labels***

634 REPLIES 634

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

wpd1
I plan to stick around

It's actually $ 425 off in the USA. No word of Canada yet. They are not sure if you have to buy it outright from Samsung directly or if it will include subsidized plans as well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Thats again because of the amount of times the explosions happened in the US. I doubt this will come to Canada as everyone else bought another phone after this.

I don't see this working out. They said the same thing about the S8 back then too.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

This is what another carrier has priced it. So it should be the same.

" Telus: $550 down on a two-year plan starting at $95 per month, or $750 down on a two-year plan starting at $85 per month. Check out further details here."

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Should be compensated regardless of where incidents happened. We had to return our Note 7s in the end when I certainly didn't want to.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

I agree but again they choice which country gets it. In the end if they give half off on the device then yeah sure but again it's up to them.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Other than CNET talking about it, I haven't come across the $ 425 discount anywhere else. They claim it was in an e-mail they received from Samsung.

I agree and certainly don't think that this will be a USA specific benefit. Don't think that would go over very well across the rest of the planet..... And it should be more in Canada with the exchange rate.

Do the upgraded cameras justify a $ 1300 phone ???

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

Other than CNET talking about it, I haven't come across the $ 425 discount anywhere else. They claim it was in an e-mail they received from Samsung.

I agree and certainly don't think that this will be a USA specific benefit. Don't think that would go over very well across the rest of the planet..... And it should be more in Canada with the exchange rate.

Do the upgraded cameras justify a $ 1300 phone ???

for $1800 CAD you can get OLED TV.. very hard sell

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9 @wpd1 @kavkaz

" During the unveiling of the Galaxy Note 8 on Wednesday, Samsung announced it would be giving those who bought the Galaxy Note 7 a massive discount on the Galaxy Note 8 by trading in their current phone.

Eligible customers will get an instant trade-in value worth up to $425 through a special offer on Samsung.com, the company said. The discount will be about half-off, with various prices from carriers listing the phone between $930 and $960. "

So you have to trade in ur current phone u got after the Note 7. So if u sold ur current phone u got after, I don't believe u get this unless the rules changed.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

I just went back to my Note 5 after returning the Note 7. We'll have to wait and see.

I watched the unpacked event. It wasn't announced during the presentation.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Dx9 @wpd1 @kavkaz

" During the unveiling of the Galaxy Note 8 on Wednesday, Samsung announced it would be giving those who bought the Galaxy Note 7 a massive discount on the Galaxy Note 8 by trading in their current phone.

Eligible customers will get an instant trade-in value worth up to $425 through a special offer on Samsung.com, the company said. The discount will be about half-off, with various prices from carriers listing the phone between $930 and $960. "

So you have to trade in ur current phone u got after the Note 7. So if u sold ur current phone u got after, I don't believe u get this unless the rules changed.

after note 7 i had blackberry from 2010.. go prove it :))

Thai69
I plan to stick around

Still nothing yet on reservation system. Just shows 3 other lame devices. 😞

johentie
I plan to stick around

@Thai69

mine says temporarily unavailable.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

Congratulations on reserving the Samsung Galaxy Note8 Blue,

Samsung Galaxy Note8 Blue Cancel

Order Position : 1 Status : OPEN

Smiley Happy:-)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Great to see!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

The reservation system is up! 🙂

dillon808
I plan to stick around

Black Note8 Position 2

Thai69
I plan to stick around

Got it now. I'm #4!

wpd1
I plan to stick around

#3 Black. I'll wait and see if the 1/2 price discount applies to Canada and subsidized plans. Likely cancel if not.

johentie
I plan to stick around

dang why can i not open it?? says temporarily unavailable 

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Try another browser

johentie
I plan to stick around

Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note8 between August 23 – September 12 and get a bonus Samsung Wireless Charger Convertible plus a Samsung 128 GB Micro SD card following purchase. Register your device order with Samsung by September 14, 2017 to get your free Micro SD card and wireless charger. Just visit www.samsung.com/promotions. 

i see that screen and when i continue it says temp unavailable.. maybe the business side is experiencing issues