cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

It seems that they haven't really understood what some haven't received their devices yet and also they failed to explain alot

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006

I got a phone you can have 😳👌

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Lol. Then either they won't get the phone back or I'll give them my old cables micro USB and normal wall charger. No where does it state in any email or letter the accessories is a MUST. Only device should be sent back. I could easily send back the device by having UPS pick it up and delivery it to the store if they like or back to Samsung lol. After all we went through, we should be able to keep the accessories. Don't u think? I wonder if there is a actual print out or letter from Samsung Canada showing the accessories is a must. If i don't see it, I won't give them back. The letter and email above only say Note 7. Not " Note 7 complete with accessories" or "Note 7 with all accessories"

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

@germain18_2006

I got a phone you can have 😳👌

I'd assumed it's free...LOL

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006

Hey, for you no charge. There's only one problem.............

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

@germain18_2006

Hey, for you no charge. There's only one problem.............

Boom......LOL

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Im with you on the accessories for compensation. Perhaps the best route to take would be to call the number on the sheet and have them pick it up. See how they react once they only receive the phone. Perhaps they don't waste their time but if you show in person, they can decline to accept. At least you'll have a signed receipt for the phone if you ship it .

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Agreed on that. Reading the email it shows " As a recalled product, the original Note7 devices must be returned to Samsung Electronics Canada." so I'll put a little note shows that and they can figure it out on their own from there. I rather keep the accessories for compensation due to us not getting a even $10 credit or something small for the fears and problems we have been put through. I wonder what happens if someone doesn't send theirs back. Just shut the phone down? They csnt charge the person but could send them a bill. The company doesn't know where u live anyways lol. Oh man. I'll send it back next week when I have time anyways.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Well I was assured a return call by end of business today from Samsung executive customer service. Did not happen.

Rogers got involved again. Sent them a picture of the label and they are taking it to their contact. Guess they don't believe there's a replacement phone out there without a black square. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Oh man that is no good at all. Hopefully this gets resolved.

Anyways the new Note 7s don't have VOLTE or WiFi Calling. So everyone is aware. Rogers hasn't added it yet due to the IMEI numbers not being matched.

dale2
I plan to stick around
So you can't call over WhatsApp?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

I so believe u can.. Correct me if I am wrong. WiFi Calling feature that the older Note 7 had is gone from the new one. This is due to the IMEI number not matching on the Rogers data base. Same is happening over on all the carriers in Canada actually. WiFi Calling isn't available for the replacement Note 7 devices. I wonder if the update that is coming soon will fix this too.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@meomix can you explain wifi calling to me , so if I'm roaming and make a call over wifi is it still considered roaming and is there any extra charge in general to use wifi calling?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

WiFi Calling still uses your minutes. So if u have unlimited Canada wide, you won't be charged for that as u have unlimited. If you are on WiFi Calling and call let's say Italy, you still will get charged LD unless u have a plan which doesn't charge u LD around the world.

dale2
I plan to stick around
Probably a stupid question but what if I'm in USA and call Canada would that be a roaming call and what if i used a VPN that I have setup on my home network in Canada?

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

Seems like the updates for the battery green icon had been released.  

My unsafe phone is being update no matter what and it said the software will detect if you have a replacement phone or the unsafe phone.  If your phone is safe, they will update it to the green icon.  If not, it will stay the same.  

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Rogers is now rolling out the software update for the Note 7 showing the green battery icon on "Safe Units".

Edit sorry didn't read the post above mine lol

comcry
I plan to stick around

We are getting to the point where we have been without our phone for longer than we have had our phone (prior to the recall).

To make matters worse Verizon is already selling new notes when original customers haven't even received replacements.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.androidauthority.com/new-galaxy-note-7-units-already-sale-verizon-spri...

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix
VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling worked on my new phone from the start btw. I also got the forced update for the green battery icon last night around 1am. Didn't accept it or nothing. Looked down at my phone and it was upgrading.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

Yeah my gf is really upset. She woke up really late for work due to the phone being updated and shut off. It auto forced everyone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

So my older one got the update but only gave a little popup everytime i charge it saying to turn it off and do the exchange. No green battery indicator on the old one. So they know which is which then. Oh well time to start up my new replacement and do the update lol. My gf is not happy. lol