cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Hey @wpd1,

That is pretty ridiculous. Perhaps you can try social media to try to contact someone higher (ex. Paul Brennan). IMO they should at least send you a new phone with a black box. I actually read other people received phones without the black box and are also getting the run around like you. The phones are probably safe...did you try the US IMEI database seems it has been updated with Canadian IMEIs what does it say there?

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Based on the imei number, they say it's safe. Until today though, nobody could explain why the phone did not have a black square. Today, they're saying new production will not have a square.

I have been transferred to " Executive Customer Service ". This guy is now telling me that he's not aware of a black square on safe phones. He's not sure what it means and has only heard things about the " black square" from 3rd parties, and he only trusts what Samsung says. According to him, Samsung has not stated anything about a black square to tell people the phone is safe.

Man, I thought the front line staff were bad. It gets worse the higher you go....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Thats why Mobilesyrup has it stated from Samsung Canada it's safe? Lol oh man I feel like the people on the phone have nothing better to do then reading and paying for attention and thus not giving proper information and misleading people. This whole this has been a fail from the start. Samsung admitted they released the Note 7 before the iPhone as the iPhone is dull and now this happened. Now we have reps with no information and giving false information.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Then he says "this situation needs to be investigated". Please allow us 7-10 business days to review what has occurred. The more ignorance they display the more tenacious I feel. What an ignorant company this is. They are successful in spite of themselves.

This guy in Executive CS attempted to make me feel like I was ungrateful. " Even though there's been only one minor issue in Canada, Samsung has repalced all the phones sold in this Country and you don't appreciate that, sir "

Needless to say, I did not accept his 7-10 business day investigation. This isn't my problem, it's theirs but they've made it mine over the last week. That's another 2 hours of my life that I will not get back and all that is needed is to change the phone, which nobody can find their way to doing. I guess they enjoy our engaging daily conversations ???

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Record the phone call and take it to MS and other tech sites. Show others what u are going through and what Samsung Canada reps are telling u. They fail so bad.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Wow...I feel like they are just asking for a class action lawsuit from everyone who did not receive a phone with a black box lol.

Nowhere have I read that the black box represents "repaired" phones and no black box represents "new manufactured". What I read is all boxes going forward will have the black box. If this is the case then that is clearly refurbished and not new phones.

Maybe you should send him the link to Samsung Australia website.

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

. . . According to him, Samsung has not stated anything about a black square to tell people the phone is safe.

Hi!

Here, Samsung stated something about a black square :

https://news.samsung.com/global/how-to-identify-the-new-galaxy-note7

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @wpd1

Record the phone call and take it to MS and other tech sites. Show others what u are going through and what Samsung Canada reps are telling u. They fail so bad.

Called the 1-800-SAMSUNG number and then referred to another number to the recall dept.  

Finally someone sounds more knowledgeable had given me some info.

She told me they'd just received the replacement devices yesterday and are in the process of unloading them and trying to send them out with all kinds of shippers issues(Fedex, UPS...etc).  They advise we should give them a few days as this recall process is not looks as easy as we see.  

And I'd suggested them to put the explaination out to calm people and is noted.  

I'll give it a few more days wait.

*P.S.* There is nothing to do with the color of the phone causing the delay.  But there are some cases people 

asking for color change will delay a lot though.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Roglebo wrote:

@wpd1 wrote:

. . . According to him, Samsung has not stated anything about a black square to tell people the phone is safe.

Hi!

Here, Samsung stated something about a black square :

https://news.samsung.com/global/how-to-identify-the-new-galaxy-note7

There it is that is Samsung global news so that should make it official for all countries. Ridiculous Samsung Canada reps are not saying something consistent...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1 and @Roglebo

Yes that was posted yesterday as well. Samsung global for the world made that comment. So Samsung did identify what that black square is and also Samsung Canada did also make a comment to Mobilesyrup saying that we are getting devices with the black square which means are safe.

The call center reps have no clue of this as they don't relay any information other then the one they get.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Anyone else have problems posting pic's on here ? When i try to post, it says " invalid file type " and its .jpg. Don't get it.

comcry
I plan to stick around
If I was a CSR working for Samsung during this crisis I would stay up on the media info/news and keep myself up to date on what's going on so that I could more efficiently do my job and at a bare minimum so that I'm informed when taking calls. It takea two seconds to google "note 7". So frustrating. I was on hold then transferred. Then on hold again. I can't spend the day trying to resolve this issue.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@germain18_2006 sso did samsung say they were having issues with shippers. Couldn't understand what you meant by shippers issues?

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@dale2 wrote:
@germain18_2006 sso did samsung say they were having issues with shippers. Couldn't understand what you meant by shippers issues?

Cuz the Recall Center's line is a US line, I think she meant it has to be shipped from US to Canada? I didn't dig deeper and ask her.  She said give it a few more days if nothing still, call again.  

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

Anyone else have problems posting pic's on here ? When i try to post, it says " invalid file type " and its .jpg. Don't get it.

Try to make the photo smaller.  

wpd1
I plan to stick around
The files are very small. It says it won't accept the file type. I converted the.jpg file to. png and it worked. Odd that it won't accept. jpg.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

I just got my phone today from FedEx... Had to go all the way to the other end of town to pick it up...

Just as people have posted here already, my box does have the black box on the box label.  The box was also accompanied by a one page document (which has also been posted here), which outlines that I need to take my old phone to a designated location.  That location for me is on the exact opposite end of town... and you guessed it, is only open until 7:00pm, so Samsung will be waiting a bit to get their defective device, putting me at yet more risk for having my house burn down...

Also to clarify because I see it posted here quite a bit, the location indicated that the phone must be accompanied with ALL accessories.  They made a point of telling me that on the phone when I was asking about their hours.

I'm such a darn happy Samsung customer...  This is 3/5 Samsung Galaxy Note devices that have required some kind of warranty service...  The experience is consistently poor.  I wish I wasn't so addicted to the Galazy Note devices...  I thought long and hard about whether to continue doing business with Samsung this year and it's starting to look like this might be the last year for me.  If they (and/or Rogers) continue their track record of not getting Android security updates out with this phone, that will probably be the nail in the coffin for me.  Depending on what the new Google Pixel devices look like, I may even consider getting one to test the waters with a non-Samsung Android device and see what I think...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

First let me explain something that the store rep FAILED to explain to you. You can't return already worn headphones due to hygiene purposes. They can't force u to send those back.. U can send the new ones in but no where does it indicate in the paper u need to send anything back. Just the device is self. I am only sending the device back without any accesories as per what their letter says. They want to argue so be it but no where on that letter or public statement does it say to return everything with the device. They ONLY ask u to return the device which is th Note 7 and no accesories. Also it fails to tell u in th letter a date to return the device. Only says at ur earliest convenience to send the affected Note 7 back.

I fail to see how the reps even understand this. Oh well...

Honestly u could have called FedEx and have them rerouted the package for u. I did this and took couple if hours. Got It sent to the place near my house and boom got it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys !

Just got this email from Samsung.

" Your safety and satisfaction is our top priority.
As a valued customer, we are contacting you regarding the Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. recall notice of the Note7 phone sold in Canada from August 19, 2016 through to September 1, 2016.

Customers who purchased a device between these dates can exchange their Note7 device for a replacement device under the terms of the Canadian Product Exchange. As a recalled product, the original Note7 devices must be returned to Samsung Electronics Canada.

If you have not already registered for the Galaxy Note7 Exchange we encourage you to immediately do so at CanadaNote7exchange.expertinquiry.com

Customers requesting online registration assistance can call 1‑800‑517‑3507 for support.

Sincerely,

Paul Brannen,
COO, EVP Mobile Solutions
Samsung Electronics Canada Inc."

Again they failed to give u a date on when to return it by and also failed to tell u to give the accessories back. Only says must return the device back. Nothing else.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hey guys !

Just got this email from Samsung.

" Your safety and satisfaction is our top priority.
As a valued customer, we are contacting you regarding the Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. recall notice of the Note7 phone sold in Canada from August 19, 2016 through to September 1, 2016.

Customers who purchased a device between these dates can exchange their Note7 device for a replacement device under the terms of the Canadian Product Exchange. As a recalled product, the original Note7 devices must be returned to Samsung Electronics Canada.

If you have not already registered for the Galaxy Note7 Exchange we encourage you to immediately do so at CanadaNote7exchange.expertinquiry.com

Customers requesting online registration assistance can call 1‑800‑517‑3507 for support.

Sincerely,

Paul Brannen,
COO, EVP Mobile Solutions
Samsung Electronics Canada Inc."

Again they failed to give u a date on when to return it by and also failed to tell u to give the accessories back. Only says must return the device back. Nothing else.

This is Unbelieveable.  I've got the same email. But I'm the one who didn't even received the replacement phone just yet.  And this email will makes me think that my registration may have a problem may be they didn't received it or something so they send this to me.  Just rediculous!!! 😞

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Almost like your trying to convince yourself to keep the accessories Smiley Very HappyFrom what I have heard so far, the drop off locations will not accept the phone without the accessories. Not conclusive evidence but more a trend. I remember reading something from Samsung that said if an accessory was missing, they wouldn't raise a fuss but it did not suggest that they were only expecting the phone. Looking to hear from people who have gone through the return process with the drop off locations.