cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I plan to stick around

So I just got my FedEx shipping notice and I will probably get my phone tomorrow morning...not sure if I should be jumping for joy or burying my head in the sand.

Is there any indication from anyone who got their replacement phone that it is not a dud? I saw a few posts back a website that was created by Samsung but it looks like the new phones will just show as not existing? Wouldn't it be better if Samsung improved the website to also tell people if they have "good" phones? Seriously how hard is that it is all kept in a database! I don't see why it is so hard to confirm if a phone is not dud the fact they are running @wpd1 around is clearly incompetence from leadership. I agree you cannot blame the reps in the end they need the right information and direction from leadership. Did they mention who they are escalating this to @wpd?

The problem with the trust me argument is that they actually lost our trust from the beginning by not having proper QC. They should be working their butts off to build our trust back especially with all this bad press what you need are your loyal customers to stay loyal...if I worked even remotely close to as uncoordinated as this recall has been I would have been terminated. Samsung really needs to step up. Great phone but bozos running this recall.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@ZZAKIR

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @dale2

Let them read the posts. They will know that they failed to provide us a firm date to when we should send them back or what to do with the accessories although many will keep the accessories as the letter ONLY states for the device to be sent back.

Also i read on MS that someone said that Samsung said they would deactivate the devices but no where do I see that.

Honestly I think I will keep both phones. Who cares if the other phone is updated to cripple its battery at least it won't explode lol...I am not even sure how that works I guess by limiting the charge it won't overheat? I will buy a $9 fireproof bag to charge it just to be safe (https://www.amazon.ca/Fireproof-Li-Po-Battery-Charge-Protecion/dp/B00EZJKLNS) then at least you have one good phone "hopefully can't say 100% with all this inability to confirm from Samsung" and one multi-media device you can use at home lol.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

They were escalating the questions to "Division managers". Further, Rogers is seeking the same answers from Samsung through their channels. 

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@wpd1

Hopefully Rogers will step up to the plate if Samsung can't. Seriously I don't know how anyone can keep defending them anymore. I get it that it happens and other companies have done worse but that doesn't mean Samsung is in the clear. This fiasco may eventually signal the beginning of the fall of Samsung. Happens to all companies eventually like Sony.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@phonefan wrote:

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @dale2

Let them read the posts. They will know that they failed to provide us a firm date to when we should send them back or what to do with the accessories although many will keep the accessories as the letter ONLY states for the device to be sent back.

Also i read on MS that someone said that Samsung said they would deactivate the devices but no where do I see that.

Honestly I think I will keep both phones. Who cares if the other phone is updated to cripple its battery at least it won't explode lol...I am not even sure how that works I guess by limiting the charge it won't overheat? I will buy a $9 fireproof bag to charge it just to be safe (https://www.amazon.ca/Fireproof-Li-Po-Battery-Charge-Protecion/dp/B00EZJKLNS) then at least you have one good phone "hopefully can't say 100% with all this inability to confirm from Samsung" and one multi-media device you can use at home lol.

Why do you want to do that.  Just give it back.  

roycer
I plan to stick around

This is totally a noob question, but now that I have my replacement note 7, do I just simply swap the sim card from my defective note 7 to the replacement?

Thanks!

BTW: my box just had the black square on it and no blue S. 

phonefan
I plan to stick around

For what so they can just repackage it and resell it for profits? In the end I will probably return it for safety reasons but if this circus show continues...

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@ZZAKIR wrote:
Are the replacement phones unlocked?

That's a good question actually especially for those who are getting replacements directly from Samsung. Got to give it a try will save me trouble of unlocking it myself which I always do since I when I travel to other countries like Asia I buy sims there to use.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

I thought the same and keeping both. Not updating it and that's all or flash it with another ROM lol. I'll end up sending it back without accesories and no Spen. I'll keep those haha.

angelop
I plan to stick around

Hello @Meowmix

Have you received your replacement phone yet?

I haven't, and it seems we were the first to post the opening of the replacement web site.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @angelop

I never received a tracking number. All i received was a notification on my door saying FedEx came to drop off the package. I called them to drop it off at the nearest location and i am going around 3:30 to pick up. My gf got her email tracking number last night. Weird eh

angelop
I plan to stick around

Hello @Meowmix

Let us know how it goes.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @angelop

Will do! I might end up keeping this one for a bit until I have time to transfer everything over (i am moving this weekend and I work all week next week

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I think someone said last night that if you opted to receive a replacement device that you are no longer eligible to return the note 7 for a refund, even within the 30 days.

Is this factual?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

If the store doesn't know u did th replacement from Samsung, no then it will work. U can return the Note 7 to a store and exchange it for another Samsung device or equal to it. The when ur new Note 7 comes from the Note 7 recall program from Samsung, just send it back.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I can't believe what I'm hearing.... I'm on the phone with Samsung. I called them since they didn't call me back yesterday. The guy tells me that if they sent me another phone, it's safe. I said, tell me how I know that as I don't want to find out the hard way that it's not. He says, " of course it's safe, it's just a rumour that phones have exploded " .

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Excuse me what? What are the reps smoking or talking about....

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I'm being told by the manager now that I have " his gurantee " that the phone won't explode " but if I experience any issues with explosion or fire, please call us back immediately " .  Are you kidding me ?? I asked what the black square on the product label means and he said that shows that it has been inspected. I told him that my phone doesn't have one. He put me on hold and then came back and said " don't worry".

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

You said urs has a black small sticker?. Also i don't believe Health Canada and the government would let Samsung ship the devices if they weren't inspected or checked by them. So i do believe they are safe and to be honest, seems like we are all taking this a bit out of proportion. The phone is fine... I don't believe they would send u a screwed up phone.

The managers and reps sometimes don't even know or bother properly displaying manners and thus this is what u get.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

To all

Other than calling in and having Samsung tell you it's safe, there's no way for you to be reassured that your phone is in fact safe. The manager I spoke with at Samsung was himself reading from a script that offered no answers. When he went off script and stated that the black square on the label was an indicator of a safe phone and I told him mine didn't have one, he quickly put me on hold ( panic ) and then came back and only offered " don't worry ". But if it does blow up, please be sure to call us back.  He then quickly directed me to a phone number that deals directly with the Note 7 recall. When I called it, it's only a 3rd party company that helps people get their phones exchanged ( the original phones ) and it was based in the USA. In other words, he was just looking to get rid of me. I'm stunned at how this entire mess is being managed and handled. The value of this phone is half what we paid for it. Good luck to those wanting to resell at some point.