Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)
Good to know :
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 runs the Snapdragon 820 in Canada rather than the Exynos 8890 chip.
I pre-ordered through the Samsung Experience Store - Coral Blue; due to the fact that I need an unlocked phone for travelling and my very poor exerience with preordering the Samsung S6 when it launched. It took "over" a month to get. I had already sold my phone and was without a phone for over a month. I am (was) a business customer which I believe was part of the problem. I think I was 30 something (in que). Samsung is offering the same deal to fitness band (Gear S2) or the speaker; so carriers that are throwing in extras are a better deal with best buy having the best deal out there (in my opinion) and yes, you should also get the samsung offer with the best buy deal (that is my understanding). The fitness band or speaker is not coming from any carrier/best buy etc. it is from Samsung. You get it after you get your phone by going online and entering your phone's IMEI etc. Wishing everyone luck. Curious to hear what color everyone went with. Seems like it's black vs blue from other forums that I've read.
I purchased the spigen case (Crystal Hybrid - shows off the beautiful coral blue) from their website - they threw in a free cable but I was charged $22 customs ($5 of which was customs and the rest appear to be DHL fees..urg).
Just wanted to get some confirmation on what i have been told by a Rogers rep.
I had called in regarding doing a hardware/contract renewal on two lines on my Corp plan, when asked about pre-ordering the Note 7 the Rogers for business rep advised me that the device does not include any of the promo bonus items..how can this be the case? I am purchasing the product just like everyone else. This should have nothing to do with the fact that I am on a Corporate plan, it is not a plan bonus but a pre order purchase bonus.
Can someone confirm this or do I need to call back, I find this very odd.