cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @phonefan

Neither would I but again to me a free little gift isn't that important. A small free gift is great don't get me wrong but it won't help the situation. We shall see though.

Its all up to Samsung Canada now to see what they offer.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Hey @Cursee,

This forum and largely due to @Meowmix and other great posters who are contributing have been more of a news source than arguably Samsung or Rogers themselves lol.

All kidding aside, the last email I got from Samsung said it will begin to ship as early as Sep 15 and alot of things I read said users will begin getting their new phones as early as Sep 19 but that is for users who currently have the phone. I would guess those who pre-ordered but did not get the phone yet will be next and then the rest of the public will be last.

You mentioned your Note 4 shuts off at 40% is that a phone problem or battery? If it is battery try an Anker batter for your Note 7 they work almost as good as the official OEM battery and is cheaper.  I can get a good 5 hours on full charge with that.

dale2
I plan to stick around

My two cents.... India hasn't even received the device yet so the gear VR is a pre-order bonus or buy the phone bonus its not for the recall but for being late in supplying the phone, also it's not confirmed that France is getting the VR if someone has read otherwise please direct me to that website. And for the 25$ that isn't gonna make or break anything but I guess it would be nice to make people feel better its always good to get free stuff. The pre-order bonus(watch or speaker) is actually being done through a third party so not sure if the recall should affect that. The third party is( the gristmill marketing co.) So they may just be short on supply.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Hey @Meowmix and @iyatos56

The rep I talked to that is what he mentioned they are focusing their efforts on the recall then they will do the preorder gifts. I am actually having issues with my preorder gift submission but the latest news from CE Promos with my gift status (this seems to be the company handling the preorder gifts because they are who I am getting updates from) is that it is in process and they are only waiting for Samsung to give the go ahead.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @dale2

Here you go.

"While this apparently only applies to France (for now), it seems that Samsung is just outright shipping customers a brand new, non-explosive Galaxy Note 7 in the color they already own. In that same package, Samsung is also throwing in a Gear VR headset and a prepaid package that will allow customers to send back the defective unit free of charge."

https://9to5google.com/2016/09/11/samsung-reportedly-remotely-deactivating-recalled-note-7-units-in-...

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@dale2

If that is the case (i.e. Gear VR) and they are not getting the gear fit or speaker then it is fair IMO.  I have been back and forth from reps from CE Promos with my preorder gift not sure if that is related to Gristmill.

dale2
I plan to stick around

@meomix that was from some random redditor if you read the article now it's says at the bottom that samsung never made the statement that they are going to deactivate the device so who knows did what the redditor says is true. Just have to wait and see I guess. 3 more days and hopefully we get our ups tracking and all this can be put to bed.

dale2
I plan to stick around

@phonefan Yea I received my ups tracking for my gift a few days ago so it seems they are still sending them out.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@dale2

Lucky you must have caught the wave before the tsunami so to speak...honestly my issues with my pre-order gift have been much more frustrating than the phone recall lol. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @dale2

If you read the whole thing on the bottom it only indicates about the deactivation of the devices not about the free gifts...

"Update 9/12: Since publishing, Android Central has obtained a statement from Samsung regarding this matter and the company has confirmed it is “not something the company stated.” While this would have been a great way to ensure consumer safety, Samsung has made it clear that deactivating devices won’t be happening anytime soon and that all official guidance on the recall will be published on the company’s website."

This is where they got that post from.

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-refutes-note-7-remote-deactivation-reports

phonefan
I plan to stick around

I was just checking Samsung Singapore's website (which has more information about the exchange program than Samsung Canada) and a couple interesting notes (not sure if it applies to us though):

I attached accessories on it, such as screen protector. Can I get it back?

Unfortunately, we are unable to replace your original screen protector. However, we are offering a token of appreciation and it will be given during the exchange.

Can I still exchange if I have lost some of my accessories or the box?
Yes, you can still exchange for a new and complete set of Galaxy Note7 even if you do not have a full set of accessories and box for your current Galaxy Note7.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @phonefan

Me thinks that I will be keeping all the accessories from the current box and just shipping back the box empty with the device lol.

I think many will do that hahaha.

dale2
I plan to stick around

@meomix yea I read it . I was just commenting on the person's reliability. But hey im definitely for a free VR or something who doesn't tlike free stuff. Just don't wanna get my hopes up. Lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @dale2

If 9to5Google and AndroudAuthority posts it, it's real. Yeah so am i! I got the Gear VR with my S7 Edge in March but can't use it with the Note 7 lol

Hey @phonefan I actually bought a new samsung battery, and for some reason it won't charge past 76 %. Hah. I loved the note 4, it was great, but about 2 months ago I started having these issues out of the blue. Either way, I'll probably wait for the note 7, because it sounds like it's going to be a wait for a s7e as well. So I might as well wait for the one I actually want. The gifts are a bonus. I just hope that I still get to choose one when I pick up my phone. I guess you were to get a voucher or something with a code on it when the phone arrived? I've never pre ordered, so this is all new to me. Fingers crossed I wont have to wait long.

iyatos56
I plan to stick around

@phonefan

How'd you get in contact with the providers about your preorder gift? I talked to samsung and they seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Hey @iyatos56

Most of my phones are corporate phones so our IT assistant is handling some of the discussion for me but I see the emails and it is coming from either:

support@mobilepromos.ca

bbq@cepromos.ca

Hope that helps.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

That is too bad. My Note 4 still works like I bought it yesterday other than battery life which is expected to degrade as time progresses but the great thing about that phone is you can replace it. Love that phone it took a beast like the Note 7 to finally make me switch and I usually switch every year since most my phones are corporate.

From everything I read, Samsung will prioritize the exchange for people who currently have the phone in hand I read that will happen from Sep 19 to Oct 2. After that comes the rest of the pre-orders and then general public.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

😉

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

That is what i was told by a Samsung manager i know. He said exactly that. First come the customers with the device in hand and then the units get shipped to carriers for new customers o customers that want one

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Would anyone be surprised to hear that the total number of Note 7's purchased in Canada was 21,953? I am. That number was stated in an Android Authority article this evening.