Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Wow! Cool for those of us in Québec city! Guess I'll ship it to them

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow!

I'm in Québec city.

So, I will have to drive 2 hours to go to Trois-Rivières!

Unacceptable!

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah honestly this is stupid. I'll call them but if they don't want to ship me a prepaid enveloppe, I'll drop it at my local rogers... No way I'm losing money on gas for them

I Plan to Stick Around

It also provides a number to call if you are unable to drop off at one of the listed locations

I Plan to Stick Around

For those that have refunded/exchanged their faulty Note 7s, do they get to keep their "good" Note 7 and their newly exchanged phone/refund?

The obvious solution is to deactivate the new phone they sent if the defective one never arrives at their factory. But has this been confirmed?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nickf

I hunk thy will deactivate the old one so when Rogers sends it in, it will deactivated so then no one can use it meanwhile u have a new Note 7 and another phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

If they only deactivate the old one then those who have refunded or exchanged their phone for a s7e or an s7 would have a free, functional battery note 7 anddd an S7.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

Note to @wpd1 : try your new IMEI.

Found this :

The IMEI or Serial number will be used to indicate if your device should be exchanged.

http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

Here is the answer I received :

Attention: Your Galaxy Note7 is an affected device and is subject to this recall. It is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down immediately and contact your carrier or retail outlet to exchange it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nickf

That is what i am thinking as well. Honestly it could be that they will see the IMEI of the original device was returned and request the Note 7 new one to be sent back. Idk what's going on.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Roglebo

Yes someone posted that on Mobilesyrup as well. The new devices show that they do not exist. That is what people are reporting