Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Kelshaer

Well Hopefully before u go on the trip, they send one out unless you know someone that can lone you a phone for the time being
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

So i just read this as well. It's from Samsung France.

" Perhaps the most interesting part of this process is what Samsung has planned for any defective units that remain in customer’s hands. Apparently, Samsung is planning to remotely deactivate any recalled Note 7 unit starting on September 30th. While some customers may not be happy about this, I honestly think this is a great way to handle the situation. By sending a new unit ahead of time and deactivating the old one if the customer doesn’t return it, Samsung ensures that those devices don’t cause any harm."

They as well will get a a free Gear VR in the box with the new replacement.
I Plan to Stick Around

On another topic, the 64gb memory card that most received wirth the preorders, what type did you receive? Was it the EVO or EVO+?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

I believe it was a Evo. I have a 128GB Evo+ card and the memory card I got is still in the box.
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone else not received any emails regarding the replacement Note7?

I submitted my form in the afternoon last Thursday (Sept 8, 16) and never received the email confirmation like some of you did here. I figured it was because of the weekend but was just wondering if there is anyone else on the same/similar boat.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nickf

Check your spam folder just incase.. Sometimes it can hide in there. I know one person that didn't receive a email but is just waiting. It's most likely due to Heath Canada now getting involved so they might stop the emails too.
I'm Here A Lot

Is Rogers personally giving any kind of compensation for this issue?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rome1

Rogers won't as its not a Rogers issues or network issue. This is a Samsung issue which Samsung Canada is giving all customers new replacements of Note 7 units. No carrier is compensation of anything to do with this as its not a carrier issue.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes.
I did the form past friday and didn't get a confirmation email. However, I saved a screen shot of the confirmation web page after submitting the form
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kelshaer

Thats good to do because you can use that ID number if anything. Again most likely due o other reasons they stopped emailing