cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Usaully in order to do a refund they need the device back but under these circumstances they should be able to do the refund for u and then either meet u somewhere and pick up the device or the store must take it back. If the store is not following protocol and not doing what they are supposed to do, then the store should be punished and the store manager shouldn't be there and the rep that is refusing to do so. Seeing as this device needs to be given back and they are told to do so.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Is it just the charging block or the cable also? I might have my old Note 5 block. Its the same block. I can ship it to you and help you out

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Most likely because of how the manager was spoken to by the store but the Office of the President has more power over the store if i am not mistaken.. So if the store refuses to do so, then the office of the President should get in contact with the district manager and let them know what is going on. Also file a formal complaint on the store, the rep and the store manager refusing to help.

I wish i could have been able to help you but again I don't work for them nor do I know anyone that can tell the store to change their minds.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Dx9

Both. Thanks for the offer but hopefully it won't be necessary. The Office of the President aknowledged they would find a solution to return the device but how that's going to happen is still a bit messed up. They want me to return the device and they aren't sending me the proper box and packaging that's marked that it will carry Lithium materials to do it. As I recall there was special bubble wrap in my return box from Samsung and it was clearly marked Lithium damage permit number. Rogers basically wants me to ship it back illegally in a plain box and then wait for my refund. I'm not sure what to do because this was the only alternative I was offered. I emailed the guy asking if he can refund me first but i haven't heard back. My guess is he will say no.

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
So, Refundmynote7,

Which Rogers device are you going to get next? Lol!

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@Refundmynote7 That's what I said. The note 7 will not be re sold therefore the accessories and box are not necessary.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

I guess they may not longer keep the Note Series alive after what happened. Although it's not been told to companies that male the chips and such, its coming out.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/18/samsung-reportedly-to-release-just-one-flagship-smartphone-in-2017...

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Ohhhhh, great! First we get spanked twice with the Note 7 and now they want to pack up their S-pen's and go home for good. I'm just really starting to get a huge hate on for Samsung.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@meomix So returned the nite got a I 7 plus. They did not give me the same trade in value of the lg g3 that I traded in, because at the time there was an extra $150 for Samsung devices back during preorder. So I had to pay an extra 150 anyone else have this problem

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Call in and speak to a manager. If the manager fails to offer u that trade in credit then ask to speak to the office of the President and have them check it.

My gf is having this issue and the Office of the President is looking into it. The stores can't do much as they don't have the power to give out credits like that.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@meomix
Which number do you call the one for billing and credit?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

I always call *611 from my cellphone and i pick option 1. Then press 00000 until I get transfered to someone.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
I asked if i could be refunded before shipping the item back and now the Office of President is not responding at all.

They also have not provided any shipping materials except a link to print the label. Is it illegal to ship the phone in a normal box? There's little chance anything could happen I guess but if it does can't i be liable for shipping a phone with damage lithium battery? Like no satisfactory result here even with the Office of President. It would greatly help if Rogers could assign someone to come up with a clear and transparent plan instead if me having to ship an explosive device to some guy at head office who isn't even responding anymore. Like what do i do?

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

So I have to return my Note 7 for exchange.. i understand the policy and how it's going to work.. but I have wasted so much time going to and from Rogers, calling, getting a replacement, buying accessories off amazon.. 

And i understand this is a Samsung fault rather then a Rogers fault..

I sold my S7 Edge to get then note 7 on an upgrade... So I am not wasting another upgrade to go back to the phone i already had... 

I wanted to see my options and looks like the Pixel XL 128gb is my only option...

called the rep and he continued to grill me about my account information when all i wanted was the price of the phone! 

told me I wasnt authorized on the account but i told him to look at my Level 1 authorization... he blew it off like it was still my fault... 

he ended up telling me the price and i asked if Rogers could do a customer service and provide anything so i am not losing so much money paying $200 extra dollars for a phone i really don't want ...  he completely ignored me and said i have to go to the store I bought it at and that pretty much he doesn't wanna help me.. he kept igorning my questions and kept telling me to go the store.. 

i asked for his ID and name and he refused and said iwas being abusive and hung up!! 

I swear i am sooo close to leaving rogers!! 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jeneric28

Call Rogers and have them transfer you to a manager. Get them to investigate the phone call and see what they can do for u.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

I don't know that's something to ask Samsung but Rogers Office of the President should be doing something for you. I wonder if they can't get any of those boxes thus why they aren't sending one out..

I do hope someone can look into this for u and do something.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
It's crazy seeing some of the stories I see on here regarding Rogers reps. See my first cell phone ever was when it was Cantel then they were Cantel AT&T then Rogers. No I'm not that old lol. 37 years old. I don't know if it's because I've been with them so long on all services since cell phones then eventually all services with them the last 15 years. I've never had a complaint dealing with reps over the phone or at Store. They have done actually the opposite and made everything better. Sorry I feel bad for you guys. Sucks

Malo1
I've been here awhile

Meow please explain to me how have you gotten the trade in credit of the note 7 applied to your purchase of an iphone 7. I have been through so much trouble trying to get it returned and the store told me that they will only apply a credit of the amount that came out of my pocket. Not the trade in value of my lg g3. I find it absurd because in that case I just lost a fully functionnal device. I feel cheated please help!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Malo1

I had a huge issue going on with my account not letting the IMEI number being removed. Again the store manager told me the same about the trade in credit so i had to to escalate this to the office of the President so they could fix the glitch. So the manager that I spoke to from the office of the President fixed the glitch and explained the trade in credit. She added it towards mt iPhone 7 Plus upgrade on my next bill. Also got a bit more extra because of the issue with the IMEI Number not being able to be removed.

From what i was told is that the $200 credit doesn't get returned back but it's added to ur next invoice y upgrade on. Now again that could be false but that is what i was told. Again a huge issue happened when I tried to return the Note 7 and it wasn't letting me. So since I had escalated it to them, they fixed it for me and gave me the $200 credit Plus more due to the issues I was having.

Malo1
I've been here awhile
First off thank you so much for your fast reply! I guess I have no choice to escalate this to the office of the president. This is exactly what i thought wouls happen for me as well, that the credit will be applied on my next invoice as a uograde credit but in my case, My purchase was made on a completely new account activation. Therefore they are asking me to pay full price in stores for the exchange as I am a new customer with them. I feel like this is onlynthe begining to a very long problem...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Malo1

Contact the call center and speak to a manager. Explain everything to them and see what they can do. If they can't do much then go that route. It's always best to speak to a manager first and see what they can do. Let them know ur situation and let them aee the trade in credit. They can see that on the invoice you got billed for the Note 7 and the trade in credit. Once they see that, they should Honor or or see if the system has it already on.