cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@RogersMargaret

Thanks for looking into that . This will indeed upset several people on here. Why does Rogers require the accessories while Samsung does not? This isn't buyers remorse, this is a recall from the manufacturer.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Its not only Rogers. All carriers are required to ask back for all the accessories. I noticed this I'm the AA posts in the states as well. So i guess it's a agreement within the carriers and manufactures. Also in order to do the Buyers Remorse on the computer, the store reps must say YES to accesories.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix
This doesn't reflect a direct concern of mine, just trying to get clarity for some others on here that have raised the issue.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

The have to follow a code that they get from the manufacturers. The code aka return is that all accessories and box should be present when doing the return. The same with any other recall on any other product u find. A baby stroler which has been recalled, you will need to bring back all the accessories it came with. Thats how recalls work.. Why is Samsung not requiring accessories on the first recall?! Because they only wanted the devices. Now the second one is requiring the devices but also many have been saying that all need to be there to dothe return . Same thing with us when I worked at Best buy and a couple of things have been recalled back. We needed everything back, not just the product. What the manufacturer does is a different story.

It seems they have requirements that need to be met in order to have them returned back. It even says it on the contract you signed. When returning the Note 7 back, the only option is Buyers Remorse which requires all to be with the device.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

I got the S7E. I'm having issues with holding the phone and activating things on the curves unintentionally, as well as, struggling to activate things close to the curves. Didn't have these issues with the Note 7. Did you have any issues when you had the S7E?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

The only issues I ad was with the curved displays touching them while I was doing something and it was moving the page or move things around. The Note has smaller curved display so that's why i never had those issues.

5five5
I plan to stick around
After a week of debating with myself, I have decided to get the Pixel. I will return my Note 7 and it replacement. Only problem now is that Pixel is not available until the 20th. I have no idea if they will have any on hand by then.

5five5
I plan to stick around
I will bring it with me. I'll ask if they really do want used earphones back. If so, I'll give it to them. I hope to go sometime this week. I would like to try to get a Pixel. It was a hard choice between s7 Edge and Pixel XL. Sure gonna miss the Note 7, which in my opinion is better than either of them.

G_Money
I plan to stick around

I believe the Pixels are reserved into the low 1000s right now through Rogers. I don't know if they will actually get that many on hand.

You might want to look at pre-ordering through another source - Best Buy has Rogers Pixels, too, and a better promotion.

Ricky17
I plan to stick around

I have returned my note 7, and yes, I was asked to give back the box and accessories.  I did ask the rep, what if I threw away the box ? she answered "too bad, then you will need to keep the phone, everyone keep their boxes, i kept mine" (exact wording from the rep). I guess, the box is alot more important than customer safety. what a joke to be honest.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ricky17

Bh law they are required to take the device and exchange it or return it. Its been recalled so they can not refuse the ones without boxes. Also many throw out the boxes or lose them when they are moving. So by her saying that is rude and wrong. Seems again we are witnessing reps acting up and without any proper skills of speaking to a customer.

I do wonder if this is the reason why Guy Lawrence stepped down this morning. Due to having issues with this and also reps giving wrong information and dishonest help.

At the end they have to take it back no matter what.

Ricky17
I plan to stick around

Guy stepped down will probably be other bigger reason (e.g. not meeting company results/target) I think..... dont think Rogers will care about this recall at all 😞

I understand they need the box and accesssories...but just curious, really, what happens if someone did lose it or throw away the box (accessories they can probably buy back from ebay ) ...are they stuck with the defective phone? just curious....

cabooch
I plan to stick around

It's a joke... all samsung wants is the phone... i know this because people are trying to sell their boxes and acessories for 50-100$ on ebay....

Rogers is as usual only choosing to recall these phones because they will be liable if they dont and something happens.... this is every execs worst nightmare.. its just ridiculous that its such a chaotic mess here... when the two other big telecomms ; they just take your phone and refund yeah....

It really makes me quesiton why i still subsribe... and Bell's coverage has really been stepping up..

Bieta
I've been here awhile
Hey Guys,
So I called the Rogers store i got my phone from and they said I could keep all the accessories but they would like the box back (if possible). They also asked for original phone. Lucky I kept both phones.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

Even Bell requires u to return the accessories. So really at the end u going to someone else over accessories will be down right a bad choice. All carriers no matter who it is, requires u to bring back the accessories u got with the device at the time of purchase. It clearly says that on the contract. Even if it's a recalled device, ask explained on the last page all recalled products ask forYou to send them back and any accesories that came with it no matter what it is.

All carriers are doing what Samsung told them to do. Don't blame the carrier when they got advised by the manufacturer what to do.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bieta

Some store will let u keep the accessories and majority of them won't and require u to bring them back.

The store I went to with my gf wanted her accessories back as well and the original device.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ricky17

I don't believe so as by law the carrier must do the return and or exchange due to the recall. Now if the store is giving u troubles speak to the store manager. Of they won't help then get in connect with the call center manager and explain there what is going on. Now if that doesn't help, ur only choice is speaking to the Office of the President.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@meomix what if you have sent the original phone back to samsung?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

When the store calls the support line they need, they need to explain it's the replacement unit and they will just change it there. They can not refuse to accept the replacement one seeing as on the Rogers site is shows u can use that and also they should know by now that many got replacements anyways

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@wpd1 Yeah the palm detection is not very well implemented an it's definitely one of the drawbacks for the s7 edge. However there's an easy fix. Just stick in in a case. I use the Moko slim transparent case. It completely eliminates this issue and looks great.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

I thought the same but sometimes it does happen with the case as well i noticed.