Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @wpd1

Thats why it's a voluntary recall. The carriers are doing their own thing until Samsung does do the recall but it seems that the Rogers stores did not get the information properly and keep trying to revert customers not to worry instead of doing the return and resell.. I do wonder what is Rogers doing about this?
Kake777
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in the same boat. I received the email saying my gear fit 2 will need to be processed but heard nothing else from Samsung
Rudafied
I've Been Here Awhile

On Wed I was moved from 64 in line to in progress, haven't heard anything since. no emails no tracking number. Did they stop all outgoing shipments?
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

This recall is disappointing, just when my device is setup how I want, I got a cool skin applied that's a waste of $30 and battery life lately has been really good too, I don't want to change it but of course I will IF we are really getting "different" devices. I wish they could just tell us if our existing ones were affected or not.

This is what Mobile Syrup is saying: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/canadian-carriers-suspend-sales-of-the-galaxy-note-7-following-rec...

While Rogers shared, “After being notified by Samsung that they have stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 due to reported safety issues, we immediately suspended shipments and sales of the device in all our stores and through our website. Samsung is working on a replacement program and we’ll continue to work with them to ensure the process is seamless for our customers. In the meantime, customers can visit their nearest Rogers store to exchange their Note 7 or get a loaner device.”

I wonder if switching to a S7E would mean I could still keep my Gear Fit 2, trade in credit and SD card + get some credit back on the difference of the phone. Likely not lol

No way I'm getting a loaner phone and then getting another new Note 7 that's way too much setup involved so either wait or switch.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Unfortunately u can't keep the 64GB memory card and they won't give u a credit as it was a gift. As for the band or the speaker, those u can keep as they came from Samsung and Samsung isn't asking for those back.

I do know how it feels as my gf is scared of using hers after she seen what's going on. Hopefuly this gets resolved soon! Honestly to me i don't min getting the loner phone and then getting the Note 7 after. I have everything backed up on Smarswitch, Nova Launcher back up and also Google. So i am set and only takes 20 minutes for it all to come back, other then the apps to download
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

For credit I meant I paid $550 for the Note 7 but the S7E is $399 so I would hope they would cover the difference. For the trade in credit I did it was offered for the S7E as well so that's a non issue, as for the SD card giving it back would be fine I haven't taken it out of my drawer lol

I don't know that I would want to switch from it though, it's an amazing device! I hardly use the pen but when I do to take notes in meetings with OneNote then I can see the notes on my laptop that's really cool!

Will wait for official instructions, one thing I will not stand for though is an option to send it to a repair centre for the battery to be replaced, I do not trust that personally, would rather have a new sealed device from factory especially this soon after having received it, been what 2 weeks?

I use wireless charging overnight and had turned off the fast wireless charging so hopefully that helps if there's battery issues.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Ahh got you. Yes they will do a full return of the Note 7 and then proceed to a new upgrade on the account. So if u already paid for the Note 7, they will credit u back the difference.

As for the last part I agree. I will only give mine in one a official work on how it will happen comes out. I don't mind sending mine in but again it could come back with as a like new device wit a new battery unless the warehouse and repair facilities have been told not to do that.
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Yeah I just don't think these are designed to be opened up and with the water and dust resistant features will it be as good as a sealed from factory unit? If it was a blackberry where you can open up the back and see all the screws sure but this ain't that accessible. Hopefully we will hear of an official resolution soon and a timeframe for new devices.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

That is true. The waterproofing and seals would be damaged and then those would need to be repaired. Samsung is the only one that can do that without any issues.

Telus did state it can take 3-4 weeks to get another Note 7 if customers which to do the repair method but again not many will take that route which carriers are offering due to them wanting a method by Samsung.
germain18_2006
I Plan to Stick Around

@JeromeM wrote:
This recall is disappointing, just when my device is setup how I want, I got a cool skin applied that's a waste of $30 and battery life lately has been really good too, I don't want to change it but of course I will IF we are really getting "different" devices. I wish they could just tell us if our existing ones were affected or not.

This is what Mobile Syrup is saying: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/canadian-carriers-suspend-sales-of-the-galaxy-note-7-following-rec...

While Rogers shared, “After being notified by Samsung that they have stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 due to reported safety issues, we immediately suspended shipments and sales of the device in all our stores and through our website. Samsung is working on a replacement program and we’ll continue to work with them to ensure the process is seamless for our customers. In the meantime, customers can visit their nearest Rogers store to exchange their Note 7 or get a loaner device.”

I wonder if switching to a S7E would mean I could still keep my Gear Fit 2, trade in credit and SD card + get some credit back on the difference of the phone. Likely not lol

No way I'm getting a loaner phone and then getting another new Note 7 that's way too much setup involved so either wait or switch.

I have the same concern.  It took me 1 full day to set the phone up to what I want and now is working so good. 

I always get the new phone, then transferred all contents/data/files to my new phone, cross check them if I had missed something until 100% sure, then factory reset the old one for sale.  But for this case, I think we need to give back the phone first in order to get a new one.  Do you have a better way to make sure everything can be transferred 100%?  Google and Samsung back up is good but some apps they required seprate back up.  If I forgot and the phone is returned, I have no back up phone to work on.  This recall is a bit painful.  

I also laugh at my friend about their Iphone saying lack of new tech and today they called me and makes fun of me asking if I'm still alive...:(