cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

This isn't looking good at all for Samsung. Alleged replacement Note 7 catches on fire in Minnesota. A thirteen year old year felt a burning sensation on her hands and when she dropped the phone, its started smoking and caught on fire. Samsung is involved and investigating. If this comes true and the replacement devices are faulty, then Samsung should just stop the sells of the Note 7 and scrap it all together and move on with the S8 or Note 8 with a new design and battery which can have room inside.

http://m.androidcentral.com/alleged-replacement-note-7-catches-fire-minnesota

angelop
I plan to stick around

phonefan
I plan to stick around

If that last link is true then Samsung is in a bigger mess. Trust is fragile and must be earned. The Note 7 is a complete disaster. If three reports are true they must discontinue the phone immediately before people really get hurt. I want to wait to see Samsung's explanation but at this rate no matter what they say the damage to their brand has been done. All their phones and future phones will be scrutinized. Bunch of greedy goofs running that company. It is no different than Apple.

I wish the Canadian carriers will follow suit with US and let us who would like to exchange our "safe" phones allow us to. If Samsung wants to earn our business back they better give us Note 7 owners who put up with all this inconvenience since the beginning something.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
The problem is there have been reports around the world not just US. The phone is banned from almost every airline not just in the states.

I would like to believe that Samsung didn't rush to get replacements out especially with the government regulators involved otherwise they are even more idiotic than I thought.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

The problem is that all 3 reports are done in the US. No other country has had any reports of their replacement blowing up, catching fire or smoke anywhere else. So to me i think something is going on with the US models or idk what.

I don't want to believe that they rushed this but I am starting too. I feel like they rushed to change the batteries but did not pay attention to the actual problem and thus this is happening.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Hey @Meowmix

Actually there were reports in Taiwan and China although the latter they says was external heating but that last link really puts question.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
It's funny amost all these news only have a photo of a phone and the story. No further details to prove they're legit. And the most incident were happened in the US. It's very obvious US is helping Apple to smear Samsung IMO. And look at the iPhone 7 explosion, nobody say a word now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

The problem with this guys store is that he didn't provide any proof of Samsung sending him the text message about what thet said to him. . He also declined Samsung to take the device but let them do a xray on it. He declined to prove that the device is a replacement as well.

So to me unless he can proved all the proof, i take this story with a grain of salt.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Exactly what I said below as well. It seems to me none of them can provide any proof other then the one person which took a picture of the box with the black square and a few sites ran the IMEI number and checked that it was a safe one.

The other two stories have no proof it was a replacement and only sent a picture of it being burned. Ontop of that declining Samsung to check the phone, declining to show that any tampering was done and also the last story shows he received a text from Samsung but did not provide the proof of this happening.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
All, what's happened with each of these situations is that lawyers have become involved. You don't hand over the only piece of evidence to the perpetrator. Yes, I'm sure, each person is seeking some form of damage compensation and therefore they are following a very self serving process. 3rd parties will be involved to evaluate the evidence and any Samsung involvement will be done under appropriate supervision to ensure they don't contaminate the evidence.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Yeah I saw the video of the one at Burger King just smoking on the ground. Think it was Taiwan

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Don't believe anything until it's proved that it was actually done by the device. Remember so many people faked their Note 7 exploding and the guy with the Jeep did it as well. Anyone could do it and just blame a company to get money because they see they can make money. Why decline Samsung from having the device to test it??, why decline to show the text that so called Samsung sent? Why decline to show the IMEI number or the box which the replacement came in? Seems fishy. Unless we see some form of proof from them showing it's a replacement and that Samsung sent that texr to that person, I take it with a grain of salt for now. No Canadian has scooped that low like many have so.

I am starting to think either Samsung didn't learn and just rushed to release the units or those people claiming stuff are doing it on purpose. Not one has come out and said yes it's Samsung doing it and it seems fishy

phonefan
I plan to stick around

phonefan
I plan to stick around
US is their biggest market. Trust me when I say in Asia this is also news. There have been reports there as well even in Korea.

This is not an Apple vs Samsung thing. If you have this many reports of phones combusting it is a consumer safety issue. There is a reason why international airlines have banned this phone.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Well Samsung better come out fast and declare that text is false. Silence is equally as damaging.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
The other problem is who would trust Samsung at this moment. I believe there is clearly a defect here that is not being wholefully revealed. If it is a design issue then all Note 7 are affected it just takes the right conditions to trigger it.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Doesn't matter how you look at it. The Note 7 is a complete disaster. The $1,000 phone isn't worth anything now. The Note series is now tarnished. Shouldn't have to worry about watching my phone while charging and so on. It's probably rare something will happen but it's in the back of my mind no doubt. I have a few flights coming up and now probably have to deal with turning the phone off and can't use it and so on. Wish I could just cut my losses on it and get the Google Pixel or something but can't be paying full price

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Probability is the most likely reason why nothing has happened in Canada. 22000 vs 1 mil. Let me say I hope this is all proven false because I want to keep this phone but the damage is done. Also i saw the stats it is not they found 20 or so false half of that they could not get their hands on thr phone so it is really 10 with the others unconfirmed. That still leaves 70 confirmed cases in US. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @phonefan

Agreed. At this point they need to discard the Note 7 and just let us give back the replacements and get another device. I am pretty sure Canadian carriers don't want that because then the stores will have to except them and also the system will cause issues due to returns and then upgrades again. Idk I rather give back the phone then anything but I love it.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix
Simply providing some insight into why people, appropriately counselled, would not turn over their phones to Samsung.

I appreciate that there's doubt but, where there's smoke there's fire, literally. The risk is not worth personal safety, or that of people around you. In this case and after one recall, I think it's guilty until proven innocent.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

If Rogers and the Canadian carriers can do what the US carriers have done, then it will happen. The problem is that some of us have paid hundreds on cases and such which now we can not get our money back. Contacted Crackberry and they said they can not do anything and I am stuck with it. A battery case which coated $124 I can't do nothing with it if I do give the device back.