Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Just picked up my device from the Samsung experience store. They said they had walk in stock available. Mostly black. Limited silver. And no blue. No blue for 1-2 months I was told. I can't remember who told us about the $200 trade in phone of any condition but it worked and I wanted to say thank you. I had two old phones on me so I gave one to a guy in line. My phone was $930 taxes in. Sold my iPhone for $875. Paid $55 for my new note. Very happy.
I Plan to Stick Around

OK, so as I mentioned above, I was unable to make outbound calls to anything other than *611 but texts, mobile data, incomming calls etc. were working OK.

The tech on the phone put a block for VOLTE (voice over LTE) on my account.  After doing this, Outbound calls are working OK now.  He is going to escalate the issue to the network support team.

Just thought I'd chime in, in case others experience similar issues. 

I Plan to Stick Around

They said the same to me when I got my note 5 a month ago, They registered the sim and was told when the system came back online my phone would connect to the network but may take a few hours. They sent me on my way with my phone, after a couple hours the network came online.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JoshuaAustin

It seems that its a huge issue right now with their systems. I was told to come back tomorrow and get it and upgrade then. I do not mind waiting as its just one day but i wonder how this happened. So many different stories are going on. From systems doing upgrades to having the system go down. lol
I Plan to Stick Around

I doubt they were doing system upgrades on a Friday of a new phone launch during regular store hours. Probably had system failure then had to do upgrades, epic fail!
I'm Here A Lot

Was quite the surprise driving an hour to my closest Rogers to be told I had to come back tomorrow lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Agreed. I am not that upset as honestly as i know the phone is there and i have a phone that works ( Although the G4's battery is not as good as everyone thinks lol) I can handle another day.

Just upset that the stores could not call the customers which did the reservation and let them know that yes they have their phones but systems are down since 5:30pm. Sadly Rogers will not do anything for us that wasted our time going to the store for nothing. Store just said " Well its life and its a system". Store reps should not be talking like that.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called my store, still not back online, no guarantee it will be back up by opening tomorrow, said they turned away a lot of people yesterday so sounds like I will spend Sat morning waiting at Rogers,brutal. And doesn't even make sense to go before they open to wait in line because if the system isn't back up that's a huge waste of time 😞
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I agree th could have taken this as an opportunity to demonstrate customer service, which is perfectly fine I don't need anything free because of this but some customer service would be appreciated.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Yeah my store said the same thing. They turned around many people and that one person cancelled because of it. Find that over the top but not my business ( lol). I will wait until tomorrow afternoon after 4:30pm so get it as i am done at 4 lol. When called in to speak to the head manager, they said they got a email stating that it most likely be back tomorrow morning but do not have a exact time.

So i would suggest to everyone just give it until 11am-12pm and check then. Most likely the systems might be up in the morning but just in case.