cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Japetto

Regardless of what Rogers says, I would go to the Rogers store and show them the damage before it gets any worse.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
A recall is a recall regardless if your device is damaged. The recall isn't out of Rogers pocket. It's Samsung's recall. Your battery is recalled. You need a new phone. That's what you will get.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
Exactly. I am not bringing phone back because of screen it's because it may explode. They can't replace they battery without compromising the phone do they have to replace the unit all together and it costs rogers nothing. I have heard you may be dealing with samsung anyway and they will ship you new phone and you return old one to them. I think there is still a lot of questions regarding the recall

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

Just deal with Samsung. The recall is there for the battery and it's a recalled product. So no matter what is going on, its recalled

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Point of the suggestion is really just CYA since we have no idea yet how this recall will work or any expectations of Note owners.

ProPatria
I plan to stick around

I appreciate the update, however, concerned why I was not notified of any potential issues by Rogers. Bought my new Note 7 only to hear from a 3rd party of the recall. Rogers sends me text messages and notifications on a regular basis, yet when an issue arises, which has the potential to cause physical harm, you choose to say nothing. I find this rather disconcerting, especially when Rogers clearly knows which customers have the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones and their contact info. I only found this feed by doing a quick search to see what I could learn. You certainly don’t assume that everyone of your customers reads these forums? I feel that someone dropped the ball on this one, and perhaps were more concerned on your companies end, vice the customers. Customer Trust is hard-earned and easily lost.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

I must say that this whole situation is kinda pissing me off. SO MUCH MIS-INFORMATION!!!

I just called my Rogers Store where I got my Note 7 (Stouffville) and spoke to the manager, I wanted to know what loaner phone I would be getting while I wait for the replacement Note 7 to come....he tells me that they actually have decided not to go the replacement phone route but the replacement battery route. So I could go in, get a Sony M1 phone for a loaner (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) and they would send my Note 7 out to get the battery replaced. People in the US are getting S7E as loaners while they wait for the new replacement Note 7's to come back in........I would just use my old Blackberry in this case.

Regardless, this contradicts what we've seen online where Samsung will replace the phone itself so if this is what Rogers is doing I will 100% return it. I don't know if it's Rogers deciding to replace the battery or Samsung saying this is what they are doing.

I am hoping something official will be communicated soon.

I agree with @ProPatria I also don't understand that we have not been contacted by Rogers to tell us that we are potentially using a phone that has an issue, regardless of how small or how many devices have blown up vs how many have sold Rogers should have sent us something.

rome1
I'm here a lot

@JeromeM wrote:

I must say that this whole situation is kinda pissing me off. SO MUCH MIS-INFORMATION!!!

I just called my Rogers Store where I got my Note 7 (Stouffville) and spoke to the manager, I wanted to know what loaner phone I would be getting while I wait for the replacement Note 7 to come....he tells me that they actually have decided not to go the replacement phone route but the replacement battery route. So I could go in, get a Sony M1 phone for a loaner (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) and they would send my Note 7 out to get the battery replaced. People in the US are getting S7E as loaners while they wait for the new replacement Note 7's to come back in........I would just use my old Blackberry in this case.

Regardless, this contradicts what we've seen online where Samsung will replace the phone itself so if this is what Rogers is doing I will 100% return it. I don't know if it's Rogers deciding to replace the battery or Samsung saying this is what they are doing.

I am hoping something official will be communicated soon.

I agree with @ProPatria I also don't understand that we have not been contacted by Rogers to tell us that we are potentially using a phone that has an issue, regardless of how small or how many devices have blown up vs how many have sold Rogers should have sent us something.

I don't trust just getting my battery replaced,
if not done correctly can damaged the internal seal that give the phone it's IP water resistant rating. 

They can only replace the entire phone and when they do I better not be placed in a queue, because I was #1 on the reservation list so I better get my phone in a timely manner, I refused to wait. They should have them immediately.

I can't even put my screen protector on because it would be poitless to put in on the phone I currently have.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@rome1 I feel you, I am not ok with them sending it in for repair, I read somewhere that they couldn't effectively replace the battery which is why we would be getting new devices. I tried to tell the Rogers Store Manager this but it was going to be an argument and I didn't want that.

On my Note 7 I put a really sweet looking Slickwraps wrap on, was "only" $22US but still that was a waste of money.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

I wonder why the stores are giving so much misinformation and different things.

@RogersRonald or RogersDarrell are we able to get a bit more information on this? Why are stores giving us wrong information and now being told that it's going to be a battery replacement? I called the store I got my Note 7 just now and got told the same thing.. Very odd and seems like either misinformation is going on or something.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I think samsung is going to have to reimburse people for wraps and screen protectors. Some people have paid $40 for a high end screen protector only to be garbage now

dale2
I plan to stick around

If they are just gonna replace the battery they need to let us know, I think I will be getting the iphone 7 if that is the case. 

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I will not pay $1059 for a refurbished Note 7,which is exactly what it would be if it went in for battery replacement only. Why do we still not have any direction on this yet? The absence of direction is fuelling speculation.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Exactly. It seems that Samsung has yet given more information to the carriers and the carriers only have the information they have had.

dale2
I plan to stick around

Alright guys just got off of chat with samsung canada and they said they are replacing the phone. I spoke to Agent Mathew at Samung Canada and they confirmed they will replace the phone with a brand new device. Hope this helps.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@dale2 let's hope that flows through to Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2 & @JeromeM

Hopefully as u said it goes to Rogers BUT i have read that Samsung will replace then for us by giving the IMEI number and serial number to them. Them sending us a new one and us sending ours back. Hopefully this does happen as its way easier then sending it in for " repair" then waiting for the other one to come.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Ironically, just received an email from Rogers asking me if I want to add Device Protection to my Note 7 for $11 month.  

wpd1
I plan to stick around

On another note, discussion with insurance agent was interesting. If a Note 7 device blew up and caused damage, would it be covered under the home owners policy? Because the issue is known, continued use of the device could be at the home owners own risk. Depends on company and / or policy. Bet that the insurance company would fight not to cover.  Liability would be an interesting battle. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

I have it on my account. They send the emails out after u do a upgrade if u don't have it so customers know lol.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

FYI, I finished a live chat with a Rogers support rep and she told me the replacement plan is currently as follows:

• Go to a Rogers store to send their device out for replacement and we will provide them with a loaner device until their replacement device arrives. You can also choose to use their current Samsung Galaxy Note7.
  • Visit the place where you originally purchased your device and exchange their Samsung Galaxy Note7 for a different device (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge). We are extending the Buyer’s Remorse / Buyer’s Preference period to 30 days with unlimited usage for impacted customers.

I asked her if this was official since I did not see anything published by Samsung Canada or Rogers and her reply was: "Yes that is official across all Rogers and Samsung affiliated retailers." My Note 7 is actually my company device and I can confirm that our company Rogers rep basically said the same.

She also confirmed that the replacement will be a NEW phone and that you are allowed to keep your current Note 7 until your replacement arrives if you opt out of a loaner device.  There is no guarantee on what phone you will get as a loaner device and it is most likely a refurbished phone. To her knowledge people who pre-ordered may keep their SD card. She could not 100% confirm if we will be able to keep both the replacement and our current Note 7 for a period of time to transfer files. She also could not confirm if we are able to change the colour of our replacement. I also mentioned that other countries were offering free credit or token gifts as customer appreciation for the situation but she could not confirm if Rogers will be doing that. She mentioned the replacement devices may start arriving in the next 3 to 5 business days (our corporate rep said in the next 2 weeks).

Anyways thought I share all that information. I am not sure why some stores are saying different. This looks to be like a lack of coordination from corporate but it would be ridiculous if it is a battery replacement. That would be an embarrasment to Samsung and Rogers. For me I am currently deciding between replacing my Note 7 or exchanging for a LG V20 but the Note 7 is a . good phone but Samsung better step up their QA. Lots of people gonna be fired there for sure for this debacle which in itself is another sad story.