Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

S7E resale is really crummy now. Kijiji offering 750 max for a new and sealed one.

What's the point of 'upgrading' to S7E now? The March deal with free VR, microSD and trade in deal to get the phone at 199 is no longer here.

If you care about resale, iPhone 7 is the best deal.

Samsung pooped the bed and those loyal to the brand are getting royally screwed.

I imported the official screen protector and the official lens case from Handtec in the UK for the Note 7, since both official accessories aren't carried by Samsung Canada or US.

I'm out 180 for both after conversion and shipping fees and now stuck with coasters for a dead product. And it's official Samsung accessories.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is a perfect opportunity for Apple to offer an iOS migration promotion for Samsung Note 7 customers that feel slighted by Samsung is handling this matter.

The right recourse is to offer some sort of hardware upgrade appreciation program for Note 7 users like Rogers did with the 3G, 3GS, and 4.

If you had the 3G from launch day, you could upgrade to the 3GS, at new customer pricing even though you were only one year into a three year contract. They offered the same promo when the 4 came out. It was easy to track who was eligible from Rogers end.

I think Samsung could offer the same deal when the S8 comes out, if customers upgrade to an intermittent device, upgrade them to the S8 at promo price.

Or, offer an S7 accessory package like in March and a steep discount.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Yeah that won't happen unfortunately. If that does happen and the ones that exchange their device now and get another one, when the S8 is available won't be able to take the offer unless they check into the past upgrade history and see.

Also i doubt Samsung will ever do that.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What's the point of upgrading to a S7 Edge at 450 with no incentives right now?

I went from a Priv in January, to the S7E on launch in March, and Note 7 on launch. Prior to that every year I would get the S line on launch amd Note line on launch. Rogers has this upgrade history.

Samsung R&D has hurt consumers. People made an uproar about lightning cable change.

Remember when Samsung went to USB 3 on the Note 4? Note 5 they ditched the microSD, and on the S6 line.

I bought the 128GB S6E last year too. Resale on that is also crummy.

Even though I have felt slighted by Samsung over time, I have been loyal. However this Note 7 fiasco made be last straw.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@phonefan Good point. Accountability is a thing indeed. 😊
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Reading all of your feedback paints a dire picture indeed. Going for the iPhone 7 plus might be the right way to tide us over until the s8 comes out, protect our investment and protest all at the same time.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So..

Samsung is going to give me a less expensive older phone for an exchange on the Note 7.

How is this even a good trade?   The phone is 6 months old, and i notice, unlike other phones, has actually gone up in price instead of down.

I have had to power down my Note 7 twice now, and wait without a phone for days with no communicaiton from either Rogers or Samsung. I need to go online and check 3rd party sites for usefull information.  Where is the incentive to stay with Samsung? If they are really worried about consumer trust and loyalty, then they need to bring something to the table other than an old phone. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey @wpd1 and eveyone else.

So finally a manager called me back and explained what happened. The rep failed to read the article properly and the trade in promo. The $150 promo is only if u get a Note 7 from August 19 and on. So the manager is trying to help me get it as i was told I would.

It seems reps are reading eveything wrong now and days.. Very disappointed.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The note 7 never had a $150 promo attached to it. What's going on?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

It did after the launch date. Then carriers took it down on September 2nd when Samsung did the recall