Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix

I agree but I suspect they will just kill the phones through software downloads and even then, I wouldn't want a phone that could possibly be explode. Not worth it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Come on guys, just return the phone and keep the replacement. It's ridiculous to see that all of a sudden some people wants to keep both phones (I can't comment it's greedy or not but certainly is unsafe ).
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Exactly. I am keeping the accessories and the Spen though.. I'll send back just the phone it self.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

None of us said we would keep the current phone.... Lol. We said we could do it but won't as it can cause harm nd no point. All i am doing is keeping the accessories and Spen
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly! Hope they have a lot of places to return the phones. If anybody can post the list, that would be appreciated!
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol..you never know. There will always people trying to take advantage if they find out there's a way.
I'm Here A Lot

As you can see based on the boxes below, the top one is the new (replacement) box, the bottom is the original (defective) box. The only difference is the new one has a black box in the right corner, the old one does not. Other than that, there is no other (current) way to see any difference between defective or new product. Samsung is going to have to address this through a software update, whereby any 'safe' phone will have some way to show/prove that it is a good one. Without visual evidence, these new devices are worthless. As it is, Note 7 early adopters are faced with a tough dilemma. The Note 7 brand has been destroyed. Once these phones do eventually go back on sale, the only way Samsung will be able to sell them, will be to offer extremely deep discounts and/or gift bundles. Absent of that, who is going to pay full pop for a Note 7 in October? Very very few would be willing to, no matter how awesome the phone is, and it is every bit an awesome phone btw. Probably the smartest thing for any Note 7 early adopter to do is to return the phone for a full refund now while we can. Even if you love the phone, waiting a month or two to re-buy it, is probably going to pay off big time. I'm still on the fence of what to do. And it would've been really appreciated had Samsung been forthcoming about what their plans are for providing some form of visual marking to easily prove it is a 'new/safe' Note 7.

20160915_171951.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @wpd1

Is there a designated return depot in Québec city in the list provided in the box?

Merci beaucoup!

I Plan to Stick Around

Montreal, Sherbrooke, Trois- Rivieres, Grandby, Dollard Des Ormeaux, Montreal

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone received a "blue" replacement? Also has anyone chosen to "pick up" and received their replacement? Thx