Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @poetic1743

I am sure you can wait.. :).

No manufacturer does that unfortunately. Apple, Samsung, Blackberry, Sony, HTC, Motorola and the rest set a week or 2 weeks later after announcing it. This is due to many reasons but mostly it's due to make sure all carriers and stores have enough shipments. They start shipping the device a couple days after the announcement. Also it gives the carriers enough time to get pre orders and announce the pricing as well (they know the pricing but still to put up the page and such)
I Plan to Stick Around

Saw some news online saying the Asia Version of Samsung has 6GB RAM, hope that's not real...OMG...lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Lol i dont think that's real.. I doubt Samsung would just put 6GB of ram on theirs and not in urs lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Just preordered mine in blue.

anyone else?

I Plan to Stick Around

your color choices ?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

I got mine in black as normal. I got the the Spigen Neo hybrid case when it was 50% off just a couple days ago.

Also anyone that has questions about the gifts u can either pick the band or speaker here is the answer.

" Thank you.

You have to visit the Samsung promotions site between August 19th and September 2 2016. You will then have to find the Note 7 gift purchase offer. Finally, you have to fill out and submit the online form and upload a copy of your proof of purchase (which will be in the confirmation transaction email that you receive after the order is processed)."
I Plan to Stick Around

The idea of a 6GB ram Note 7 model for the Chinese market is discussed in an Android Authority article. The logic behind this is that the major competition in this market all have 6GB ram so while it's not expected to have any impact on performance, they feel it's needed to compete in the spec war in this region.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

I really don't see the reason for this other then manufactures bragging about it. It won't speed up the phone and honestly a phone will lag np matter what size the RAM will be. Just like a computer.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it does have some impact on performance, otherwise, we don't need to hope for an increase on RAM every year. I think it's more about the cost. They know we will buy it anyway even it's 4GB of RAM whereas the competition of Asia market is more intense.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

That is true but at the end of the day, what will someone do with that much lol. To me it sounds more about bragging.

Anyways can't wait for this device to come out non the less!