Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@wpd1 wrote:

@nickf

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but don't assume your opinion  is how everyone should feel, nor suggest that those who do not share your perspective are wrong.

I purchased a product that was not safe, putting my family and property at risk. The freebies received were for preordering a safe phone so let's not include these as an excuse to manufacture something that has put risk to the consumers safety. Yes, Samsung is doing the right thing by replacing the phone however, that says nothing about the risk they put on me, not to mention the hassle of having to setup another phone and / or cost of any protection applied to the unsafe phone. From a marketing perspective, they should be concerned about how the consumer feels about Samsung and any future purchase. Samsung is not spending billions just because they are nice guys, they know there's a serious problem with these devices and this is the least over all cost impact option. As the days go by, more and more phones keep exploding (why these people are still using the device is another story).

All this said, I'm more focused on how compensation is being applied differently by regions. It's already said that India and France are receiving Gear VR, the USA is receiving $25 vouchers and we are yet to see what, if any will be offered to Canadians. We will see when the time comes. 

Again, this is just my thoughts and how I feel.

True. But then again, you can always just walk away if you feel that you're being maltreated or that they're doing marketing/PR wrong. And Samsung has made that a very reasonable, apparent, and viable option for you. And when you DO walk away, you get to keep your pre-order bonuses -- so yes, it CAN be put into the conversation of compensation.

If safety is the only concern then why are people worried about getting some small gifts? was that the sacrifice we have bargained for? Is $25 or a gear VR worth our safety? These trivial things shouldn't even be put into the same conversation as our safety to begin with. If people seriously feel that a mere $25 is the ultimate make-or-break threshold for being okay with everything then I honestly feel bad for these deprived human beings.

Samsung screwed up, they apologized, they found a solution, and they executed everything in a very short period of time. I am not pitying them by any means but I honestly do think that what they have done so far is far from unreasonable.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still suprised I havent heard anytrhing about my preorder gift as of yet.... it's almost 4 weeks and not a peep (i know it can be 4-6 but I had friends not get their "gift" from another promo samsung did on fathers day....)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iyatos56

Most likely spending the time fixing the issues with the Note 7 and then sending out the remaining gifts. Most likely seeing that instead.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Meowmix,

I wouldn't mind a nice surprise even if it is just a free USB C adapter.  Honestly if Canada's replacement program runs smoother and we get our new phone a week earlier than other countries I would be content with that alone but from a marketing/PR perspective it doesn't look good to have this inconsistency between replacement programs. I can understand providers doing things different between each other because in the end it is competition but this is just Samsung. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

Neither would I but again to me a free little gift isn't that important. A small free gift is great don't get me wrong but it won't help the situation. We shall see though.

Its all up to Samsung Canada now to see what they offer.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Cursee,

This forum and largely due to @Meowmix and other great posters who are contributing have been more of a news source than arguably Samsung or Rogers themselves lol.

All kidding aside, the last email I got from Samsung said it will begin to ship as early as Sep 15 and alot of things I read said users will begin getting their new phones as early as Sep 19 but that is for users who currently have the phone. I would guess those who pre-ordered but did not get the phone yet will be next and then the rest of the public will be last.

You mentioned your Note 4 shuts off at 40% is that a phone problem or battery? If it is battery try an Anker batter for your Note 7 they work almost as good as the official OEM battery and is cheaper.  I can get a good 5 hours on full charge with that.

I Plan to Stick Around

My two cents.... India hasn't even received the device yet so the gear VR is a pre-order bonus or buy the phone bonus its not for the recall but for being late in supplying the phone, also it's not confirmed that France is getting the VR if someone has read otherwise please direct me to that website. And for the 25$ that isn't gonna make or break anything but I guess it would be nice to make people feel better its always good to get free stuff. The pre-order bonus(watch or speaker) is actually being done through a third party so not sure if the recall should affect that. The third party is( the gristmill marketing co.) So they may just be short on supply.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Meowmix and @iyatos56

The rep I talked to that is what he mentioned they are focusing their efforts on the recall then they will do the preorder gifts. I am actually having issues with my preorder gift submission but the latest news from CE Promos with my gift status (this seems to be the company handling the preorder gifts because they are who I am getting updates from) is that it is in process and they are only waiting for Samsung to give the go ahead.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

Here you go.

"While this apparently only applies to France (for now), it seems that Samsung is just outright shipping customers a brand new, non-explosive Galaxy Note 7 in the color they already own. In that same package, Samsung is also throwing in a Gear VR headset and a prepaid package that will allow customers to send back the defective unit free of charge."

https://9to5google.com/2016/09/11/samsung-reportedly-remotely-deactivating-recalled-note-7-units-in-...

I Plan to Stick Around

@dale2

If that is the case (i.e. Gear VR) and they are not getting the gear fit or speaker then it is fair IMO.  I have been back and forth from reps from CE Promos with my preorder gift not sure if that is related to Gristmill.