cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Family doesn't live here, but friends could help - but that's besides the point.  Losing that money and getting a completely different operating system doesn't seem like a viable option.  Nor is getting a smaller screen.  I'm not being stubborn or trying to get attention here.  I simply want a viable option where I don't lose money.  I'm already inconvenienced by the fact I need to get a ride, lose my application data for the most part, and have to reconfigure a brand new device (including Android development environment) - I'm not going further and getting a device that isn't close to what I've been happily using for months.  I'm prepared to do what I need to do to not be put in a serious danger - my services being removed for getting around due to my visual impairement (Google Maps), rather than an unlikely explosion.  No fast charging, no extensive usage, power saving mode, no concerns of heat.  I'm sorry, but I would have loved to replace this phone with the Zenphone months ago, or something comparable.  I truly simply want a fair solution, not one that only satisfies Rogers'/Samsung's mandate.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phoenixp

Unfortunately the device you want is not available in the Canadian market ( carriers) you can go into the local Rogers store and check out the Google Pixel and see if you like that one.

Unfortunately as of December 15th services will be discontinued from the Note 7 by Samsung. So you have 5 days to get a new device that is in working condition.

You aren't losing money at all. You paid the plan u used during the time u had with the Note 7. If you couldn't use the Note 7 ( the device wasn't turning on or the services BY ROGERS weren't working then yes). You picked not to do the return and get another phone because u feel no other phone is like the Note 7. I understand that but to come and ask to get money back for the services u USED is a bit off too. Once u return the device back, the price of the device ( upgrade fee if it was there and taxes and all will be credited back to your account).

As for the device, the closest is the Google Pixel XL. Nothing else other then that or the iPhone 7 Plus. Once again I advise you to return the device back before the 15th to u can continue to use the services u have. Getting a device that you can use is more important at this moment and to continue to have services, u would suggest to check the two devices i posted above. The Pixel uses pure Android which can be customized as well

I'm sorry, but you didn't really add anything but the Pixel - and no, I'm not interested.

I don't agree with most of what you said.  You're just playing with words and semantics.  I'm not intending to stop using my phone after the 15th, and forced updates/IMEI banning will only do so much - we both know that.

Again, I'm willing to work with Rogers/Samsung if they're willing to work with me.  I'm sorry, but this is far from my fault or blame.  I've never had a phone I valued so much for everything I do, and there's literally no reason to stop except for unsubstantiated fears of explosions.  I'm very open to phones coming out in the new year.

I'm sorry that you're doing your job and fighting for your cause.  I've contacted Samsung and they too were unwilling to help.  Oh well.  Take care.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phoenixp

Goodluck. Hopefully nothing happens in the near future and Hopefuly you find the device u want. Unfortunately recalls are recalls and if people don't listen, it not the manufacturers fault or carriers fault. The blame goes to the person that doesn't want to give a recalled product back. In your case you want a device that is similar to the Note 7. They don't carry that device and if u wish to continue to use a recalled product and put your self in risk of anything possible or friends / others then no one to blame. At this moment you have 2 options which u are refusing to so because u want a device that is not carried within both companies. I'm not playing any words. It's recall which you should be doing what they said and not keeping the device because u don't like what the carrier and Samsung in offering. The blame goes to the person refusing to send back the device as its a mandatory recall as u read it. Now do what u feel is better for u but as u know above. We 22,000 had to return them back and get another phone. We all spent time making it the way we wanted too and loved it but returned back for safety and recall. If you wish to not do that so be it. They won't offer u another phone for free or a phone they don't carry. Simple. Contacting Samsung won't do much either as they offering the S7 /'d S7 edge. U don't want that if you do not like or find my comments helpful so be it. We are warning u.

Goodluck.

kh29
I plan to stick around

hi there, i have a question when galaxy s8 coming to canada and reservations as well.

will rogers open up the reservation for samsung galaxy s8 after march 29th or the day of after the conference

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

This will be announced when the announcement of the S8 comes on March 29th. I will be doing a thread of that device as well as i will be getting one.

Stay tuned!:).

Andre_Avigdor
I plan to stick around

Will there be any incentives for previous Rogers Note 7 customers that purchase an S8? I switched my Note 7 for a Pixel XL and really miss my Samsung...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Andre_Avigdor

Unfortunately no there will not be. That happened when Samsung offered the credits to other devices.

This is something only Samsung Canada can offer. Not carriers.