Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I'm legally blind and it's setup better than any other phone.  I'm discouraged by your response as it sounds like the $80+ in tab fees are now gone.  S7 / S7 Edge's screens don't cut it.  Most other devices don't have processors that compare to it.  Zenphone isn't an option with Rogers on a plan.  Was hoping to hold out for next year early release phone for something comparable.  It's definitely an "if" for me.  I run it on power saving mode at all times, never have it plugged in anywhere unsafe, and don't use fast charging cables.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately, Rogers had SMS all the Note 7 user who still using it a notice confirming the network will be cut off from December 15, no phone calls, sms, wifi or data can be use anymore.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phoenixp

I understand your situation but they won't reimburse you for the plan you got as you are using the device while the recall and the second recall was happening. unfortunately as this is NOT a carrier issue. This is a manufacturer issue which on October 13th recalled globally the Note 7 and want all of them back. The carriers can't reimburse all 22,000 for their plans back as the first recall was done by Samsung to replace the first one and the second recall was done for everyone to return their devices back and get another one.

Unfortunately you have 2 options. Return the device at your local Rogers store where you got it and get a iPhone 7 32gb for free or the Google Pixel device.

The other option is switching to the S7 but u made it clear u won't go for that.

Unfortunately nothing can be done at this moment. They sent out text messages, emails and such for the past 2 months.

Have a family member take you to the Rogers store and return it back as of December 15, Samsung Canada and Samsung worldwide made a statement they will start cutting network services, Bluetooth and WiFi from the devices. This is a forced update by Samsung to make everyone return a recalled device. So it's best to do it.

Unfortunately you can't use it keep a recalled product and if anything happens to you and or your family, you are at fault as the manufacturer / carriers and everyone has made efforts to bring the devices back in.

Doing that means nothing. Is it good idea to keep a device that has been globally recalled and could risk your life or families life? I dont think so. So please return it back and see what they can offer you. Have the store also help you set it up as well.

As for the plan you paid for. We all had to pay our plans but we got reimbursed the device price and whatever was added. If you want a credit back for the plan, contact Rogers and speak to a manager.. Now all smartphones require a plan like the Note 7 did.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Exactly. So keeping the device won't be any good as it cuts off all the communication and anyone using it, will be forced to either return it back to Rogers or Samsung.

The choices are there and yes they might not be like the Note 7 but it's a device to use.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Family doesn't live here, but friends could help - but that's besides the point.  Losing that money and getting a completely different operating system doesn't seem like a viable option.  Nor is getting a smaller screen.  I'm not being stubborn or trying to get attention here.  I simply want a viable option where I don't lose money.  I'm already inconvenienced by the fact I need to get a ride, lose my application data for the most part, and have to reconfigure a brand new device (including Android development environment) - I'm not going further and getting a device that isn't close to what I've been happily using for months.  I'm prepared to do what I need to do to not be put in a serious danger - my services being removed for getting around due to my visual impairement (Google Maps), rather than an unlikely explosion.  No fast charging, no extensive usage, power saving mode, no concerns of heat.  I'm sorry, but I would have loved to replace this phone with the Zenphone months ago, or something comparable.  I truly simply want a fair solution, not one that only satisfies Rogers'/Samsung's mandate.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phoenixp

Unfortunately the device you want is not available in the Canadian market ( carriers) you can go into the local Rogers store and check out the Google Pixel and see if you like that one.

Unfortunately as of December 15th services will be discontinued from the Note 7 by Samsung. So you have 5 days to get a new device that is in working condition.

You aren't losing money at all. You paid the plan u used during the time u had with the Note 7. If you couldn't use the Note 7 ( the device wasn't turning on or the services BY ROGERS weren't working then yes). You picked not to do the return and get another phone because u feel no other phone is like the Note 7. I understand that but to come and ask to get money back for the services u USED is a bit off too. Once u return the device back, the price of the device ( upgrade fee if it was there and taxes and all will be credited back to your account).

As for the device, the closest is the Google Pixel XL. Nothing else other then that or the iPhone 7 Plus. Once again I advise you to return the device back before the 15th to u can continue to use the services u have. Getting a device that you can use is more important at this moment and to continue to have services, u would suggest to check the two devices i posted above. The Pixel uses pure Android which can be customized as well
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm sorry, but you didn't really add anything but the Pixel - and no, I'm not interested.

I don't agree with most of what you said.  You're just playing with words and semantics.  I'm not intending to stop using my phone after the 15th, and forced updates/IMEI banning will only do so much - we both know that.

Again, I'm willing to work with Rogers/Samsung if they're willing to work with me.  I'm sorry, but this is far from my fault or blame.  I've never had a phone I valued so much for everything I do, and there's literally no reason to stop except for unsubstantiated fears of explosions.  I'm very open to phones coming out in the new year.

I'm sorry that you're doing your job and fighting for your cause.  I've contacted Samsung and they too were unwilling to help.  Oh well.  Take care.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phoenixp

Goodluck. Hopefully nothing happens in the near future and Hopefuly you find the device u want. Unfortunately recalls are recalls and if people don't listen, it not the manufacturers fault or carriers fault. The blame goes to the person that doesn't want to give a recalled product back. In your case you want a device that is similar to the Note 7. They don't carry that device and if u wish to continue to use a recalled product and put your self in risk of anything possible or friends / others then no one to blame. At this moment you have 2 options which u are refusing to so because u want a device that is not carried within both companies. I'm not playing any words. It's recall which you should be doing what they said and not keeping the device because u don't like what the carrier and Samsung in offering. The blame goes to the person refusing to send back the device as its a mandatory recall as u read it. Now do what u feel is better for u but as u know above. We 22,000 had to return them back and get another phone. We all spent time making it the way we wanted too and loved it but returned back for safety and recall. If you wish to not do that so be it. They won't offer u another phone for free or a phone they don't carry. Simple. Contacting Samsung won't do much either as they offering the S7 /'d S7 edge. U don't want that if you do not like or find my comments helpful so be it. We are warning u.

Goodluck.
I Plan to Stick Around

hi there, i have a question when galaxy s8 coming to canada and reservations as well.

will rogers open up the reservation for samsung galaxy s8 after march 29th or the day of after the conference

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kh29

This will be announced when the announcement of the S8 comes on March 29th. I will be doing a thread of that device as well as i will be getting one.

Stay tuned!:).