Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hey I had a few questions concerning the Note 7 Exchange. Yes I am still using it because my store hasn't had any S7 edges stock and there is no way im spending time with a low end loaner phone.

1. When is the last day to return/exchange the Note 7?

2. Can I still exchange it if I no longer have some of the accessories that came with the box?

3. Anyone know if Rogers will get the blue coral s7 edge? And if so when? I really dont like the black version.

Thanks in advance!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jonathan3440

I would highly suggest you get a loner phone. If anything happens to you and your family, you are putting them and ur self at risk.

From what I have heard that it's November 30th but Samsung canada and Rogers and or other carriers haven't officially given out a date. Now the carriers could change that but I don't see a date anywhere. Please send back the phone.

2. Some stores will allow them to be exchanged without any accesories but many won't. Contact the store and speak to them. Each store can make their own rules. Below are the official rules.
" 3. If you purchased your Note7 from a Rogers store, please return the device, all accessories and packaging to the point of purchase for exchange/return"

3. Unfortunately No. Samsung hasn't given a time frame when Canada will get the Coral Blue and i would not suggest waiting for that one and use your Note 7. Do not put your self at risk or family and others at risk for a color you want. They did state soon but nothing more.

In my opinion do the right thing and return the Note 7 and use a loner phone for the time being like some are doing until they get a S7 edge in. If anything happens to you , your family or others no one is to blame but you. So please do the right thing. Get a refund and the upgrades goes back to normal. Then go do the upgrade when the device is in.
I'm Here A Lot

Anybody who ordered from the business pre-order online having issues getting the Note 7 Returned?

I'm still waiting for a return box from Rogers after spending almost a month trying to get the right team on the phone who knew what they were doing to start the return process.

I'm not using the phone, and they claim that it's safe to keep it powered off in my house/office until this magical box appears.  But yet they insist that it has to be returned in this box for safety reasons, and it's back ordered, and it's Samsungs Fault.

It's the only way they will take it back (the stores refuse to take it back stating that it was bought from a different inventory list).  They say there is no other way for me to get a refund on it so that I can get a new phone as the Note 4Edge that I'm using is dying a slow death in the meantime.

perhaps it's finally time to look at switching providers (Bell has a buy one get the second free on a S7Edge Promo)

any help/ideas out there?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @feztech

Have you tried calling the number I posted on page 301 I believe? Try that and see. Also that is correct, no store can take the return unless it was bought from that specific store. They use different inventory and also yours is a business line.

Also yes you can switch carriers but you would have to pay the cancellation fees and such. So all in all, switching won't do much better as u are still stuck with a phone that u must return ( they do need to ship a box to u) and pay the fees.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey,

I had this issue cause my phone got replaced during the first week of launch back in August. So the IMEI on the contract didn't match the phone in my possession and it was not a replaced phone through recall. I had a DOA replacement.

The point is, I called Rogers. Customer Relations can pass you to Sales Return, they take care of returns for people with return issues.

In my case, the rep reversed the upgrade and said to wait the few weeks for the special box. However, I was now free to cancel my plan or do an upgrade at a Rogers retailer for whatever I wanted.

My box arrived last week, a month after this return process.

Let me know if that works for you.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks!

I have called that number, but they couldn't do anything because it was a business line, so they transferred me to business care, who transferred me somewhere else.

If I am returning the phone, then my 2 year contract is also null and void, so I am free to switch (although I would like to stay with Rogers if they can get their act together)

Appreciate all your insight and time!

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks! I will try going that route.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @feztech

You are welcome! Hopefully all goes well and everything works out :).
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Will I lose the money spent towards my tab if I return the Note7?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phoenixp

You must return the Note 7. It's not a " if".

Also the account will go back to the way it was before you got the Note 7. The charges will all get credited back to you once the account has seen the return on the device.

Please return the Note 7 to the carrier store you got it from and or Samsung. It's mandatory you must return it back to them. It's a recalled product.