Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)
I took my original Note 7 to the store today and received a full refund without any hassle, thankfully. I was even allowed to return my cover. I did however had all the accessories in the box and the box itself with all my receipts.
I'm not that loyal to Samsung but I do like their previous phones. Anyone know when the Note 8 will be coming out?
It took them 2 weeks to refund and reverse the transaction for me.
They saw in their systems that I was using another Note7 after returning the original one that I had gotten from Rogers. I told them this would be handled with Samsung as the store only wanted the original one (might be different with other stores, but the store won't care as long as you return at least one device).
Everything should be fine. Will get fixed.
Hey I had a few questions concerning the Note 7 Exchange. Yes I am still using it because my store hasn't had any S7 edges stock and there is no way im spending time with a low end loaner phone.
1. When is the last day to return/exchange the Note 7?
2. Can I still exchange it if I no longer have some of the accessories that came with the box?
3. Anyone know if Rogers will get the blue coral s7 edge? And if so when? I really dont like the black version.
Thanks in advance!
Anybody who ordered from the business pre-order online having issues getting the Note 7 Returned?
I'm still waiting for a return box from Rogers after spending almost a month trying to get the right team on the phone who knew what they were doing to start the return process.
I'm not using the phone, and they claim that it's safe to keep it powered off in my house/office until this magical box appears. But yet they insist that it has to be returned in this box for safety reasons, and it's back ordered, and it's Samsungs Fault.
It's the only way they will take it back (the stores refuse to take it back stating that it was bought from a different inventory list). They say there is no other way for me to get a refund on it so that I can get a new phone as the Note 4Edge that I'm using is dying a slow death in the meantime.
perhaps it's finally time to look at switching providers (Bell has a buy one get the second free on a S7Edge Promo)
any help/ideas out there?
I have called that number, but they couldn't do anything because it was a business line, so they transferred me to business care, who transferred me somewhere else.
If I am returning the phone, then my 2 year contract is also null and void, so I am free to switch (although I would like to stay with Rogers if they can get their act together)
Appreciate all your insight and time!
I'm legally blind and it's setup better than any other phone. I'm discouraged by your response as it sounds like the $80+ in tab fees are now gone. S7 / S7 Edge's screens don't cut it. Most other devices don't have processors that compare to it. Zenphone isn't an option with Rogers on a plan. Was hoping to hold out for next year early release phone for something comparable. It's definitely an "if" for me. I run it on power saving mode at all times, never have it plugged in anywhere unsafe, and don't use fast charging cables.