cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

I noticed some of my friends with the Note 7 when they returned it, they saw it on their bill instead. Now have you called to speak to a manager? If the manager hasn't done anything have you asked to speak to the OOP?

hdresden
I plan to stick around
I just got off the phone with a nice lady who I originally thought hung up on me but called me back 20 mins later. She is going to have her manager look into it and said she would call me back within 48 hours to give me an update.

I guess for now I'll wait untill my bill comes in on the 6th and see if it shows up then. Then I'll go back to the store and If they are no help I'll try asking to speak to the office of the president.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

Some reps call u back when they noticed the line was cut off. While others don't. It's good u had a good lady call u back.

Hopefully this all gets resolved.

Kake777
I plan to stick around

I took my original Note 7 to the store today and received a full refund without any hassle, thankfully. I was even allowed to return my cover. I did however had all the accessories in the box and the box itself with all my receipts.

I'm not that loyal to Samsung but I do like their previous phones. Anyone know when the Note 8 will be coming out?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kake777

Unfortunately that's something no one knows. Watch the news and wait for word to come out. Again i don't believe they will release a note series based on the article on MS which indicates that Samsung is paying more attention to the S8 instead.

dandan1
I've been here awhile

It took them 2 weeks to refund and reverse the transaction for me.

They saw in their systems that I was using another Note7 after returning the original one that I had gotten from Rogers. I told them this would be handled with Samsung as the store only wanted the original one (might be different with other stores, but the store won't care as long as you return at least one device).

Everything should be fine. Will get fixed.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dandan1

That is correct as said above as well. It takes a couple of days or weeks for the refund to appear.

Jonathan3440
I plan to stick around

Hey I had a few questions concerning the Note 7 Exchange. Yes I am still using it because my store hasn't had any S7 edges stock and there is no way im spending time with a low end loaner phone.

1. When is the last day to return/exchange the Note 7?

2. Can I still exchange it if I no longer have some of the accessories that came with the box?

3. Anyone know if Rogers will get the blue coral s7 edge? And if so when? I really dont like the black version.

Thanks in advance!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jonathan3440

I would highly suggest you get a loner phone. If anything happens to you and your family, you are putting them and ur self at risk.

From what I have heard that it's November 30th but Samsung canada and Rogers and or other carriers haven't officially given out a date. Now the carriers could change that but I don't see a date anywhere. Please send back the phone.

2. Some stores will allow them to be exchanged without any accesories but many won't. Contact the store and speak to them. Each store can make their own rules. Below are the official rules.
" 3. If you purchased your Note7 from a Rogers store, please return the device, all accessories and packaging to the point of purchase for exchange/return"

3. Unfortunately No. Samsung hasn't given a time frame when Canada will get the Coral Blue and i would not suggest waiting for that one and use your Note 7. Do not put your self at risk or family and others at risk for a color you want. They did state soon but nothing more.

In my opinion do the right thing and return the Note 7 and use a loner phone for the time being like some are doing until they get a S7 edge in. If anything happens to you , your family or others no one is to blame but you. So please do the right thing. Get a refund and the upgrades goes back to normal. Then go do the upgrade when the device is in.

feztech
I'm here a lot

Anybody who ordered from the business pre-order online having issues getting the Note 7 Returned?

I'm still waiting for a return box from Rogers after spending almost a month trying to get the right team on the phone who knew what they were doing to start the return process.

I'm not using the phone, and they claim that it's safe to keep it powered off in my house/office until this magical box appears.  But yet they insist that it has to be returned in this box for safety reasons, and it's back ordered, and it's Samsungs Fault.

It's the only way they will take it back (the stores refuse to take it back stating that it was bought from a different inventory list).  They say there is no other way for me to get a refund on it so that I can get a new phone as the Note 4Edge that I'm using is dying a slow death in the meantime.

perhaps it's finally time to look at switching providers (Bell has a buy one get the second free on a S7Edge Promo)

any help/ideas out there?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @feztech

Have you tried calling the number I posted on page 301 I believe? Try that and see. Also that is correct, no store can take the return unless it was bought from that specific store. They use different inventory and also yours is a business line.

Also yes you can switch carriers but you would have to pay the cancellation fees and such. So all in all, switching won't do much better as u are still stuck with a phone that u must return ( they do need to ship a box to u) and pay the fees.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
Hey,

I had this issue cause my phone got replaced during the first week of launch back in August. So the IMEI on the contract didn't match the phone in my possession and it was not a replaced phone through recall. I had a DOA replacement.

The point is, I called Rogers. Customer Relations can pass you to Sales Return, they take care of returns for people with return issues.

In my case, the rep reversed the upgrade and said to wait the few weeks for the special box. However, I was now free to cancel my plan or do an upgrade at a Rogers retailer for whatever I wanted.

My box arrived last week, a month after this return process.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!

I have called that number, but they couldn't do anything because it was a business line, so they transferred me to business care, who transferred me somewhere else.

If I am returning the phone, then my 2 year contract is also null and void, so I am free to switch (although I would like to stay with Rogers if they can get their act together)

Appreciate all your insight and time!

Thanks! I will try going that route.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @feztech

You are welcome! Hopefully all goes well and everything works out :).

Will I lose the money spent towards my tab if I return the Note7?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phoenixp

You must return the Note 7. It's not a " if".

Also the account will go back to the way it was before you got the Note 7. The charges will all get credited back to you once the account has seen the return on the device.

Please return the Note 7 to the carrier store you got it from and or Samsung. It's mandatory you must return it back to them. It's a recalled product.

I'm legally blind and it's setup better than any other phone.  I'm discouraged by your response as it sounds like the $80+ in tab fees are now gone.  S7 / S7 Edge's screens don't cut it.  Most other devices don't have processors that compare to it.  Zenphone isn't an option with Rogers on a plan.  Was hoping to hold out for next year early release phone for something comparable.  It's definitely an "if" for me.  I run it on power saving mode at all times, never have it plugged in anywhere unsafe, and don't use fast charging cables.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Unfortunately, Rogers had SMS all the Note 7 user who still using it a notice confirming the network will be cut off from December 15, no phone calls, sms, wifi or data can be use anymore.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phoenixp

I understand your situation but they won't reimburse you for the plan you got as you are using the device while the recall and the second recall was happening. unfortunately as this is NOT a carrier issue. This is a manufacturer issue which on October 13th recalled globally the Note 7 and want all of them back. The carriers can't reimburse all 22,000 for their plans back as the first recall was done by Samsung to replace the first one and the second recall was done for everyone to return their devices back and get another one.

Unfortunately you have 2 options. Return the device at your local Rogers store where you got it and get a iPhone 7 32gb for free or the Google Pixel device.

The other option is switching to the S7 but u made it clear u won't go for that.

Unfortunately nothing can be done at this moment. They sent out text messages, emails and such for the past 2 months.

Have a family member take you to the Rogers store and return it back as of December 15, Samsung Canada and Samsung worldwide made a statement they will start cutting network services, Bluetooth and WiFi from the devices. This is a forced update by Samsung to make everyone return a recalled device. So it's best to do it.

Unfortunately you can't use it keep a recalled product and if anything happens to you and or your family, you are at fault as the manufacturer / carriers and everyone has made efforts to bring the devices back in.

Doing that means nothing. Is it good idea to keep a device that has been globally recalled and could risk your life or families life? I dont think so. So please return it back and see what they can offer you. Have the store also help you set it up as well.

As for the plan you paid for. We all had to pay our plans but we got reimbursed the device price and whatever was added. If you want a credit back for the plan, contact Rogers and speak to a manager.. Now all smartphones require a plan like the Note 7 did.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Exactly. So keeping the device won't be any good as it cuts off all the communication and anyone using it, will be forced to either return it back to Rogers or Samsung.

The choices are there and yes they might not be like the Note 7 but it's a device to use.