cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

kh29
I plan to stick around

i have a tech question my friend has a note 5 and s pen is working on the main screen but when he pull the s pen out when the screen is locked starts to write on the screen nothing .  i know that you can write on the screen when its locked. called screen memo

is there a glitch 

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@kh29

Go to settings, Spen and make sure "screen off Memo" is turned on.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

Its not a glitch. It happens if u don't have a setting on.

Go into Settings - SPEN -and click ON On " Screen Off Memo"

This way thay will turn it off.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix
Why are you directing this to me and just repeating what I already stated? @kh29 asked the question and I just provided the response.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

My bad! I didn't see i wrote your name. When I put @ your name comes up first and i guess I didn't notice it.

Second i didn't see that you wrote that so I wrote it as well.. Sorry?.....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys.

Just got this email from Rogers.

" Global Product Recall for the Samsung Galaxy Note7
Dear Valued Customer,

As part of our ongoing commitment to you and your business, we would like to bring your attention to Samsung’s recent announcement regarding the Galaxy Note7.

On October 11, 2016, Samsung Canada announced that they will no longer be manufacturing the Galaxy Note7 device and have issued a global recall.

Our records indicate that Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices have been provided to you or some of your employees. All affected customers can now either return their Note7 for a full refund, or may exchange their Note7 for a comparable in-market device. Customers will also receive one (1) of the following:
A $100 bill credit for each Note7 that is exchanged for a Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
A $25 bill credit for each Note7 that is exchanged for an alternative smartphone device. Devices that are comparable include: Google Pixel XL, 32GB, iPhone 7 Plus 32GB, Motorola Moto Z.

Rogers Direct Fulfilled Customers:

To facilitate the safe return of Note7 devices, Rogers is shipping Return Kits to all impacted business customers, or Telco Administrators, beginning the week of October 24th 2016 for devices purchased online through Rogers. These kits are designed for Note7 returns and feature a special thermally insulated box and safety gloves. Customers must call Rogers Business Care at 1-866-727-2141 to process their refund or exchange immediately to receive credit for the returned device.

Rogers Authorized Dealer Customers:

Business customers who purchased their Note7 device from a Rogers Authorized Dealer must contact their Dealer Representative to process their refund or exchange immediately to receive credit for the device. The Dealer Representative will then order the Samsung Note7 Return Kit, which will be shipped directly to the customer. If a customer fails to return their Note7 to Samsung within 60 days of completing the return/refund, customers will be billed for the full cost of the replacement device or have the refund reversed, as applicable.

If you have any questions, please contact your account representative directly.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications Inc"

Prospect
I plan to stick around
I just got this too, but I don't have a corporate plan.

I'm confused why Rogers Enterprise solutions sent me this email.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Most likely all our emails are linked to that as well. I don't really care as much as atleast they sent the email and now I know i am getting emails lol.

jdevic1
I've been here awhile

I got it too. I am on an EPP / business line.

I, however, already returned the note 7 to the dealer and got a S7 edge last week.

Will I be in trouble and get billed for the S7 edge if the dealer doesnt return the Note 7 to samsung now??

The inconsistent msg is really frustrating.

Also, for the $100 credit, the dealer says to call Rogers because they do not know how to process it. Rogers says refer to dealer....@#$%^&*()_

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jdevic1

Uou won't get in trouble!. The dealers and all stores are told to send back the device immediately. So since everything was done, u are fine.

The $100 credit at most are done over the phone when doing the change but sometimes I did notice u had to call in and get it.

Kake777
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Just wondering, what would happen if I returned my original note 7 for a refund but kept the replacement Note 7 (not opened yet)?

Given everything that I heard about how Rogers is handling this recall, I am afraid that they may not pass the replacement one onto Samsung (lost somewhere logistically). I may just want to return it to Samsung myself in the provided bag and box.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kake777

I gave my original note 7 back to Rogers and sent back my Replacement this morning to Samsung.

I do believe that if u do not send back the Note 7 you will be billed.

" If a customer fails to return their Note7 to Samsung within 60 days of completing the return/refund, customers will be billed for the full cost of the replacement device or have the refund reversed, as applicable"

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Where did the quote come from regarding being billed for not returning note 7s?

I still have my replacement Note 7.the last attempt to return it was with FedEx but when i arrived, they refused to accept it. Haven't heard from Samsung in over 3 weeks.

Kake777
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Meowmix

Should I send it back to Samsung myself or should I return both the original and the replacement Note 7 to the Rogers Store?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Some of us got a email from Rogers Business solutions. This is the email. The quote is on the bottom.

" Global Product Recall for the Samsung Galaxy Note7
Dear Valued Customer,

As part of our ongoing commitment to you and your business, we would like to bring your attention to Samsung’s recent announcement regarding the Galaxy Note7.

On October 11, 2016, Samsung Canada announced that they will no longer be manufacturing the Galaxy Note7 device and have issued a global recall.

Our records indicate that Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices have been provided to you or some of your employees. All affected customers can now either return their Note7 for a full refund, or may exchange their Note7 for a comparable in-market device. Customers will also receive one (1) of the following:
A $100 bill credit for each Note7 that is exchanged for a Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
A $25 bill credit for each Note7 that is exchanged for an alternative smartphone device. Devices that are comparable include: Google Pixel XL, 32GB, iPhone 7 Plus 32GB, Motorola Moto Z.

Rogers Direct Fulfilled Customers:

To facilitate the safe return of Note7 devices, Rogers is shipping Return Kits to all impacted business customers, or Telco Administrators, beginning the week of October 24th 2016 for devices purchased online through Rogers. These kits are designed for Note7 returns and feature a special thermally insulated box and safety gloves. Customers must call Rogers Business Care at 1-866-727-2141 to process their refund or exchange immediately to receive credit for the returned device.

Rogers Authorized Dealer Customers:

Business customers who purchased their Note7 device from a Rogers Authorized Dealer must contact their Dealer Representative to process their refund or exchange immediately to receive credit for the device. The Dealer Representative will then order the Samsung Note7 Return Kit, which will be shipped directly to the customer. If a customer fails to return their Note7 to Samsung within 60 days of completing the return/refund, customers will be billed for the full cost of the replacement device or have the refund reversed, as applicable.

If you have any questions, please contact your account representative directly.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications Inc"

When I contacted Samsung Canada through a different channel I know, I was told the same. Since they have your address and also your name and telephone number, they can instantly contact the carrier and get them to check which account the IMEI number was on and bill them that way. Also he did state that some may even receive a paper notice / email notice that they will have to send it back by the box the got or a bill will be sent to them for the device.

In all reality everyone should send it back which got the UPS return box back to them. I contacted UPS to pick my gfs back and the girl knew what it was by the tracking number.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kake777

You are only supposed to send back one to Rogers so you can get a full refund on your account and or exchange it for another device.

If you got a UPS shipping return box and label from Samsung. Return the replacement or the original one back to them. So it goes one Rogers and one back to Samsung.

Kake777
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Meowmix,

But in one of the emails that Samsung sent us (I forget which one now since there were a couple), in one of the bullet points, I thought I read that we can return both original and replacement to the Rogers Store? I wasn't sure about this so wanted to confirm with you on that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kake777

It doesn't state that in any email. Only states to return the Note 7 back to Samsung and to return a Note 7 to Rogers to either get a refund or exchange to another device.

" Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada. As a recalled product, it is mandatory that all Note7 original and replacement devices be returned.

For Note7 return inquiries, call 1-855-747-6520.

We appreciate your patience during this process, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your continued support of Samsung.

Sincerely, "

" On behalf of our entire Samsung Canada team, we'd like to thank you for your continued understanding as we proceed with the return process for the Samsung Note7. We are committed to helping make your return as easy as possible.

Beginning Thursday, October 13th, Samsung Note7 owners can bring their device to the original Samsung or authorized reseller point of purchase, to:
Exchange towards a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge device.
Receive a refund for the Note7 device and Note7 specific accessories.
As a recalled product, it is mandatory that all Note7 devices must be returned. As such, please power down and bring all Note7 devices including the replacement device and original device if you have not already returned via the pre-paid packaging sent to you"

" Our records show that you received your replacement Note7, but have yet to return your original device. Please use the pre-addressed shipping box with packaging instructions that was enclosed with your replacement Note7 to return the original device at your earliest convenience. Under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act it is prohibited to redistribute, sell or give away a recalled product. As a recalled product, it is mandatory that you return the original device to Samsung Canada. The Note7 may not be disposed of in any other way.

Should you require exchange assistance, please call 1-800-517-3507 and one of our customer service team will be happy to help you through the process."

All from different emails that I got.

hdresden
I plan to stick around

It will be 2 weeks on thursday since i dropped of my note 7 and i still havent gotten a refund on my account.  Both numbers in  the above post just ring forever, nobody picks up and no answering service. 

tty....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

Did you drop them off at Rogers or Samsung?

hdresden
I plan to stick around
I returned it to the Rogers store I bought it from.