Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I got it too. I am on an EPP / business line.

I, however, already returned the note 7 to the dealer and got a S7 edge last week.

Will I be in trouble and get billed for the S7 edge if the dealer doesnt return the Note 7 to samsung now??

The inconsistent msg is really frustrating.

Also, for the $100 credit, the dealer says to call Rogers because they do not know how to process it. Rogers says refer to dealer....@#$%^&*()_

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdevic1

Uou won't get in trouble!. The dealers and all stores are told to send back the device immediately. So since everything was done, u are fine.

The $100 credit at most are done over the phone when doing the change but sometimes I did notice u had to call in and get it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Just wondering, what would happen if I returned my original note 7 for a refund but kept the replacement Note 7 (not opened yet)?

Given everything that I heard about how Rogers is handling this recall, I am afraid that they may not pass the replacement one onto Samsung (lost somewhere logistically). I may just want to return it to Samsung myself in the provided bag and box.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kake777

I gave my original note 7 back to Rogers and sent back my Replacement this morning to Samsung.

I do believe that if u do not send back the Note 7 you will be billed.

" If a customer fails to return their Note7 to Samsung within 60 days of completing the return/refund, customers will be billed for the full cost of the replacement device or have the refund reversed, as applicable"
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Where did the quote come from regarding being billed for not returning note 7s?

I still have my replacement Note 7.the last attempt to return it was with FedEx but when i arrived, they refused to accept it. Haven't heard from Samsung in over 3 weeks.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix

Should I send it back to Samsung myself or should I return both the original and the replacement Note 7 to the Rogers Store?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Some of us got a email from Rogers Business solutions. This is the email. The quote is on the bottom.

" Global Product Recall for the Samsung Galaxy Note7
Dear Valued Customer,

As part of our ongoing commitment to you and your business, we would like to bring your attention to Samsung’s recent announcement regarding the Galaxy Note7.

On October 11, 2016, Samsung Canada announced that they will no longer be manufacturing the Galaxy Note7 device and have issued a global recall.

Our records indicate that Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices have been provided to you or some of your employees. All affected customers can now either return their Note7 for a full refund, or may exchange their Note7 for a comparable in-market device. Customers will also receive one (1) of the following:
A $100 bill credit for each Note7 that is exchanged for a Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
A $25 bill credit for each Note7 that is exchanged for an alternative smartphone device. Devices that are comparable include: Google Pixel XL, 32GB, iPhone 7 Plus 32GB, Motorola Moto Z.

Rogers Direct Fulfilled Customers:

To facilitate the safe return of Note7 devices, Rogers is shipping Return Kits to all impacted business customers, or Telco Administrators, beginning the week of October 24th 2016 for devices purchased online through Rogers. These kits are designed for Note7 returns and feature a special thermally insulated box and safety gloves. Customers must call Rogers Business Care at 1-866-727-2141 to process their refund or exchange immediately to receive credit for the returned device.

Rogers Authorized Dealer Customers:

Business customers who purchased their Note7 device from a Rogers Authorized Dealer must contact their Dealer Representative to process their refund or exchange immediately to receive credit for the device. The Dealer Representative will then order the Samsung Note7 Return Kit, which will be shipped directly to the customer. If a customer fails to return their Note7 to Samsung within 60 days of completing the return/refund, customers will be billed for the full cost of the replacement device or have the refund reversed, as applicable.

If you have any questions, please contact your account representative directly.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications Inc"

When I contacted Samsung Canada through a different channel I know, I was told the same. Since they have your address and also your name and telephone number, they can instantly contact the carrier and get them to check which account the IMEI number was on and bill them that way. Also he did state that some may even receive a paper notice / email notice that they will have to send it back by the box the got or a bill will be sent to them for the device.

In all reality everyone should send it back which got the UPS return box back to them. I contacted UPS to pick my gfs back and the girl knew what it was by the tracking number.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kake777

You are only supposed to send back one to Rogers so you can get a full refund on your account and or exchange it for another device.

If you got a UPS shipping return box and label from Samsung. Return the replacement or the original one back to them. So it goes one Rogers and one back to Samsung.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix,

But in one of the emails that Samsung sent us (I forget which one now since there were a couple), in one of the bullet points, I thought I read that we can return both original and replacement to the Rogers Store? I wasn't sure about this so wanted to confirm with you on that.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kake777

It doesn't state that in any email. Only states to return the Note 7 back to Samsung and to return a Note 7 to Rogers to either get a refund or exchange to another device.

" Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada. As a recalled product, it is mandatory that all Note7 original and replacement devices be returned.

For Note7 return inquiries, call 1-855-747-6520.

We appreciate your patience during this process, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your continued support of Samsung.

Sincerely, "

" On behalf of our entire Samsung Canada team, we'd like to thank you for your continued understanding as we proceed with the return process for the Samsung Note7. We are committed to helping make your return as easy as possible.

Beginning Thursday, October 13th, Samsung Note7 owners can bring their device to the original Samsung or authorized reseller point of purchase, to:
Exchange towards a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge device.
Receive a refund for the Note7 device and Note7 specific accessories.
As a recalled product, it is mandatory that all Note7 devices must be returned. As such, please power down and bring all Note7 devices including the replacement device and original device if you have not already returned via the pre-paid packaging sent to you"

" Our records show that you received your replacement Note7, but have yet to return your original device. Please use the pre-addressed shipping box with packaging instructions that was enclosed with your replacement Note7 to return the original device at your earliest convenience. Under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act it is prohibited to redistribute, sell or give away a recalled product. As a recalled product, it is mandatory that you return the original device to Samsung Canada. The Note7 may not be disposed of in any other way.

Should you require exchange assistance, please call 1-800-517-3507 and one of our customer service team will be happy to help you through the process."

All from different emails that I got.