Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Mrnovanova

Thats fine Smiley Happy. Most likely I'll be skipping the S8 anyways. My upgrade fee is $0 on my line which i did the upgrade to the Note 7 and also have a $150 credit towards any phone within the next year Smiley Happy. So i still get $150 from the S8 if i wish lol.

We shall see if this happens but believe me this will make many upset and push away more from Samsung as they shouldn't only be doing that to the ones that got the S7 or S7 edge. It's unfair to the others which returned their devicesaltogether .
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand that, but there is little information regarding the airport kiosks nearest one is 2hrs away.
How do I get hold of the office of the President?
This is so frustrating I should have to make ONE phone call and the rest should be taken care of.. this is a safety recall and I need a phone for my business.
I Plan to Stick Around

@MrnovanovaIf thats true, that's alittle stupid on their part. This "plan" should be across the board cause not everyone wants the s7 or s7 edge (i certainly don't) and it would be stupid to offer this to select people when they didn't annoucne this "plan" alongside their recall notice.

If they wanted to retain the people (or reconvert) they need to make it across the board, why should someone lose the chance at a "free" upgrade because 2 weeks AFTER the fact they decide to give additional incentives to those that downgraded to the s line?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

No free S8 or Note 8 but Samsung confirmed today in Korea 50% off

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/24/galaxy-note-7-customers-will-be-allowed-to-upgrade-to-the-galaxy...

Nice gesture by Samsung for you guys getting an S7. Knowing how Samsung Canada is don't hold your breath lol. They always make things worse lol.

Samsung still can't replicate the Note 7 battery/wiring issue. That's not good news. Hope they find the issue for their sake or another disaster is waiting to happen. I for one wouldn't be jumping on their next phone anyways till a few months after release. Having to switch 3 phones left a sour taste in my mouth. I probably won't be back with Samsung anyways regardless of how their phones are.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

The device is only 50% off but u still need to pay the hefty upgrade fee and the connection fee. Ontop of that you still need to pay 50% of the phone as well.

Samsung will lose more customers doing this only to the ones that exchanged over to the S7 and S7 edge. Plus I doubt this will even come to Canada.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Maccsyd

That is undeestanble bit again you aren't in Canada so Rogers can't do much and u need to understand that.

You can get a hold of them by calling Rogers and requesting a office of the President to call u within 24-48 hrs. That's the only way.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

ok, so the question I have is if I do a refund, Do I lose my trade in credit that I did when I got the note 7?  I just got my credit applied this past bill but if I refund I am affaid that I will lose it. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SycloneRob

You would need to contact Rogers about that. If the credit was added on the bill, they could say that it went towards ur bill and that's that. In order to get that information speak to a manager. The stores can't do much but the call center managers can.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006 @Dx9

Here you go. Samsung Canada most likely won't offer this to us. So need i say more?

" Update 10/24/16: MobileSyrup reached out to Samsung to see if the offer might extend to Canada. A representative of the company responded with a statement that indicates it likely will not, further reiterating that the offer is market-dependent.

“With regards to your inquiry, Samsung Canada remains focused on the exchange and refund of all Note7 devices,” said Samsung Canada, “Additional offerings vary by country."
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Meowmix, that's what I said in my post in regards to Samsung Canada. Doubt they would. Goes to show you what they think. Only 22k sold here in Canada so they don't care.