cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32960624/iphone-7-catches-fire-destroys-vehicle/#page1

Watch your phone when changing my friend. Welcome to the party Apple 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Maybe you should read a bit more into it lpl. You NEVER leave a phone charging under any clothes or leave it in direct sunlight.

I am pretty sure if it was changing underneath any clothes it's his fault as clearly he should know that it can cause that leaving it underneath any clothes can get very hot to the point the clothes will catch on fire.. That's a know fact..

Oh well doesn't really scare me lol. 2 incidents compared to how many from Samsung? Lol

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Lol. Not to argue anymore but surprised when Apple goes wrong there are always reason to justify.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Let's just wait until we see what the reason was before we sit here and try to make things look bad or good huh :). No one knows what the truth is yet. I always backed up Samsung when things happened with them but won't put my family as risk after their replacement device started blowing up and catching on fire. Samsung has had many incidents with the Note 7 compared to 2 incidents with the iPhone 7. Makes a huge difference.

Before saying anything, read this.

" The iPhone 7 was sitting under clothes, and in a car parked at the beach, it is totally possible that the heat building up in the car began to warm the phone up, speeding up the ignition process, and with plenty of fuel to burn, the poor surfer’s clothes"

" Several other companies, including Hewlett Packard, Tesla and the makers of so-called “hoverboards”, have also experienced problems with their lithium-ion batteries, though the vast majority work without problem"

So u see its everyone having those issues. :).

wpd1
I plan to stick around

What all of this says to me is this, as long as we continue to push boundaries and demand bigger batteries in smaller form factors, there will continue to be risks associated with these desires. While we expect manufacturers to take every precaution to ensure these devices are safe, it's clear that not all are meeting this expectation. You only have one way to show your support or otherwise for these companies and that's with your wallet. Remember, we as consumers also are also expected to use these devices within the confines of the manufacturers instruction. I don't recall the last time I ever read that part of the manual, for a phone or any other electronic. I always see it there , usually the first few pages of the manual but I always zip past it to the "quick start guide" like most others. I'm sure there's warnings there about how to properly charge the phone and conditions I should avoid to ensure minimal risks. Perhaps the guy that left his phone charging in his car while his pants were wrapped around the phone is regretting his urgency to get to the " quick start guide". 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Exactly. They want to make devices smaller and thinner yet have problems fitting everything in.

In regards to anyone charging their phone with clothes ontop or even under their pillow should not own a phone at thay point. It's a warning which states not to do that and even many post that on videos too. Unfortunately he is now regarding the decision he made. Even if the phone was not charging, common sense is not to leave the device under a pile of clothes in a hot car. The device is self needs air and not giving air to it will cause this.

Maccsyd
I've been here awhile
This whole process has been a joke has far as I am concerned just because I am working in the USA at the moment and won't be returning to Canada until February, I've had to register 4 times with Samsung as they keep telling me I haven't already done so.
Called rogers explained my situation they just blow me off (even a manager) told me I have to return it to a store. Which I can't as I'm not allowed to fly with it.
Called the store where I bought it still waiting for a call back.
Why should I be having to do all this chasing around when it's a safety recall?? Come on Rogers step !!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Maccsyd

Unfortunately Rogers can't be held accountable if you are in another country and can't get back to the store and return it. Unfortunately the only solution I can think of is have the Office of the President call you and speak to you about this. Explain your situation and see what they can do. If they can reverse the charges and reverse the upgrade then it should be good. Samsung does have booths put into all if not most airports that u can have harm exchange your Note 7 and also give u a refund and a credit. Have you checked into that?.

Seeing as you are in another country Rogers is limited on what they can do as u can understand. So pretty much the only two options are what i posted above. Hopefully those help.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
So all of us who stayed loyal and traded our note 7 for an s7/edge will get the s8 for free or at a nominal fee. Sorry @Meowmix 😜
http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/23/samsungs-new-galaxy-note-7-compensation-program-will-reportedly-...
Now whether it actually happens remains to be seen. Lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

Thats fine :). Most likely I'll be skipping the S8 anyways. My upgrade fee is $0 on my line which i did the upgrade to the Note 7 and also have a $150 credit towards any phone within the next year :). So i still get $150 from the S8 if i wish lol.

We shall see if this happens but believe me this will make many upset and push away more from Samsung as they shouldn't only be doing that to the ones that got the S7 or S7 edge. It's unfair to the others which returned their devicesaltogether .

Maccsyd
I've been here awhile
I understand that, but there is little information regarding the airport kiosks nearest one is 2hrs away.
How do I get hold of the office of the President?
This is so frustrating I should have to make ONE phone call and the rest should be taken care of.. this is a safety recall and I need a phone for my business.

iyatos56
I plan to stick around

@MrnovanovaIf thats true, that's alittle stupid on their part. This "plan" should be across the board cause not everyone wants the s7 or s7 edge (i certainly don't) and it would be stupid to offer this to select people when they didn't annoucne this "plan" alongside their recall notice.

If they wanted to retain the people (or reconvert) they need to make it across the board, why should someone lose the chance at a "free" upgrade because 2 weeks AFTER the fact they decide to give additional incentives to those that downgraded to the s line?

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
No free S8 or Note 8 but Samsung confirmed today in Korea 50% off

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/24/galaxy-note-7-customers-will-be-allowed-to-upgrade-to-the-galaxy...

Nice gesture by Samsung for you guys getting an S7. Knowing how Samsung Canada is don't hold your breath lol. They always make things worse lol.

Samsung still can't replicate the Note 7 battery/wiring issue. That's not good news. Hope they find the issue for their sake or another disaster is waiting to happen. I for one wouldn't be jumping on their next phone anyways till a few months after release. Having to switch 3 phones left a sour taste in my mouth. I probably won't be back with Samsung anyways regardless of how their phones are.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

The device is only 50% off but u still need to pay the hefty upgrade fee and the connection fee. Ontop of that you still need to pay 50% of the phone as well.

Samsung will lose more customers doing this only to the ones that exchanged over to the S7 and S7 edge. Plus I doubt this will even come to Canada.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Maccsyd

That is undeestanble bit again you aren't in Canada so Rogers can't do much and u need to understand that.

You can get a hold of them by calling Rogers and requesting a office of the President to call u within 24-48 hrs. That's the only way.

ok, so the question I have is if I do a refund, Do I lose my trade in credit that I did when I got the note 7?  I just got my credit applied this past bill but if I refund I am affaid that I will lose it. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SycloneRob

You would need to contact Rogers about that. If the credit was added on the bill, they could say that it went towards ur bill and that's that. In order to get that information speak to a manager. The stores can't do much but the call center managers can.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006 @Dx9

Here you go. Samsung Canada most likely won't offer this to us. So need i say more?

" Update 10/24/16: MobileSyrup reached out to Samsung to see if the offer might extend to Canada. A representative of the company responded with a statement that indicates it likely will not, further reiterating that the offer is market-dependent.

“With regards to your inquiry, Samsung Canada remains focused on the exchange and refund of all Note7 devices,” said Samsung Canada, “Additional offerings vary by country."

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
@Meowmix, that's what I said in my post in regards to Samsung Canada. Doubt they would. Goes to show you what they think. Only 22k sold here in Canada so they don't care.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

But the most units sold in USA and they don't seem to have the offer either. Regardless, I already returned my S7E as it was disappointing ( although a good phone ) coming from N7 to this device. Good news that there will be a Note 8 though in 2017. With nothing else out there that can compete with the N7, I guess I'll either wait or pick up a iPhone 7 plus. Can't get your hands on one of those right now anyway so no rush.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9 @wpd1

Seeing how Samsung Canada treated us during this fiasco with the Note 7, they won't do anything for us. Remember as you guys said, only 22,000 were sold in Canada vs 1+ million in other countries. So they don't really pay attention to us. Also they want to make their own people believe in them again and want them that's why Korea will get it and we most likely won't.

I am happy to hear the Note 8 will be coming out so it will be between that and the iPhone 8 ( or whatever they call it as its the 10th anniversary for them).