Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Malo1

Contact the call center and speak to a manager. Explain everything to them and see what they can do. If they can't do much then go that route. It's always best to speak to a manager first and see what they can do. Let them know ur situation and let them aee the trade in credit. They can see that on the invoice you got billed for the Note 7 and the trade in credit. Once they see that, they should Honor or or see if the system has it already on.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32960624/iphone-7-catches-fire-destroys-vehicle/#page1

Watch your phone when changing my friend. Welcome to the party Apple 😄
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Maybe you should read a bit more into it lpl. You NEVER leave a phone charging under any clothes or leave it in direct sunlight.

I am pretty sure if it was changing underneath any clothes it's his fault as clearly he should know that it can cause that leaving it underneath any clothes can get very hot to the point the clothes will catch on fire.. That's a know fact..

Oh well doesn't really scare me lol. 2 incidents compared to how many from Samsung? Lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol. Not to argue anymore but surprised when Apple goes wrong there are always reason to justify.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Let's just wait until we see what the reason was before we sit here and try to make things look bad or good huh :). No one knows what the truth is yet. I always backed up Samsung when things happened with them but won't put my family as risk after their replacement device started blowing up and catching on fire. Samsung has had many incidents with the Note 7 compared to 2 incidents with the iPhone 7. Makes a huge difference.

Before saying anything, read this.

" The iPhone 7 was sitting under clothes, and in a car parked at the beach, it is totally possible that the heat building up in the car began to warm the phone up, speeding up the ignition process, and with plenty of fuel to burn, the poor surfer’s clothes"

" Several other companies, including Hewlett Packard, Tesla and the makers of so-called “hoverboards”, have also experienced problems with their lithium-ion batteries, though the vast majority work without problem"

So u see its everyone having those issues. :).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What all of this says to me is this, as long as we continue to push boundaries and demand bigger batteries in smaller form factors, there will continue to be risks associated with these desires. While we expect manufacturers to take every precaution to ensure these devices are safe, it's clear that not all are meeting this expectation. You only have one way to show your support or otherwise for these companies and that's with your wallet. Remember, we as consumers also are also expected to use these devices within the confines of the manufacturers instruction. I don't recall the last time I ever read that part of the manual, for a phone or any other electronic. I always see it there , usually the first few pages of the manual but I always zip past it to the "quick start guide" like most others. I'm sure there's warnings there about how to properly charge the phone and conditions I should avoid to ensure minimal risks. Perhaps the guy that left his phone charging in his car while his pants were wrapped around the phone is regretting his urgency to get to the " quick start guide". 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Exactly. They want to make devices smaller and thinner yet have problems fitting everything in.

In regards to anyone charging their phone with clothes ontop or even under their pillow should not own a phone at thay point. It's a warning which states not to do that and even many post that on videos too. Unfortunately he is now regarding the decision he made. Even if the phone was not charging, common sense is not to leave the device under a pile of clothes in a hot car. The device is self needs air and not giving air to it will cause this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This whole process has been a joke has far as I am concerned just because I am working in the USA at the moment and won't be returning to Canada until February, I've had to register 4 times with Samsung as they keep telling me I haven't already done so.
Called rogers explained my situation they just blow me off (even a manager) told me I have to return it to a store. Which I can't as I'm not allowed to fly with it.
Called the store where I bought it still waiting for a call back.
Why should I be having to do all this chasing around when it's a safety recall?? Come on Rogers step !!!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Maccsyd

Unfortunately Rogers can't be held accountable if you are in another country and can't get back to the store and return it. Unfortunately the only solution I can think of is have the Office of the President call you and speak to you about this. Explain your situation and see what they can do. If they can reverse the charges and reverse the upgrade then it should be good. Samsung does have booths put into all if not most airports that u can have harm exchange your Note 7 and also give u a refund and a credit. Have you checked into that?.

Seeing as you are in another country Rogers is limited on what they can do as u can understand. So pretty much the only two options are what i posted above. Hopefully those help.
I Plan to Stick Around

So all of us who stayed loyal and traded our note 7 for an s7/edge will get the s8 for free or at a nominal fee. Sorry @Meowmix 😜
http://www.sammobile.com/2016/10/23/samsungs-new-galaxy-note-7-compensation-program-will-reportedly-...
Now whether it actually happens remains to be seen. Lol.