cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

So i am happy to announce that the back end team removed my IMEI number for the Note 7 off of the account and it's been fully restored back to how it was before the upgrade. So everything was returned back. Now gotta go to the store tomorrow and drop off the device. Took them almost a week to do this and it was very frustrating. I will admit that this process has been one of the most frustrating processes I have ever dealt with but both the Office Of The President managers helped me on every way and offered me something that most won't. I do want to know what happened though.

Off to return the Note 7 tomorrow now.

I had a two year contract when I did the upgrade two months ago.

If I choose to switch to a Pixel XL 128, I am wondering if I can keep the same contract  so I have only 22 months to do. I will probably paying the price difference which is OK.

The other option is to get a refund and do another upgrade with the Pixel XL 128. 

I have already preorder the Pixel XL 128.  I don't see any issue if I go with the 2nd option. I will return the original Note 7 and get a full refund. Then I will do the upgrade when the Pixel XL 128 comes in. Then I will return the 2nd Note 7.

I am not sure if the first option works. Anybody knows?

Thanks,

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @fengxia

If you do the fill refund, the contract will go to how it was before hand. Then he will need to sign a new 2yr contract like u did with the Note 7.

The same thing will be done with the exchange program. They will have to return the Note 7 and redo the upgrade. So u won't be able to keep the 22 months. It will restart

Hell2 @Meowmix

Thanks for the insight. 

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
The office of President asked me to ship the device directly to them and they'll refund me that way. Do you think it's safe to do that? What if i ship it back and they say they never received it? I'm kind of worried since Rogers in my experience you speak to one rep who says one thing and you call back and the next rep says he doesn't know what you're talking about and that the previous agent never left notes. Any advice?

I'll be given a way bill but what if they claim they the box was empty or they can't find it?

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
I never signed a contract and have no papers stating such instructions. When I called Rogers initially every single rep was sympathetic and they all told me that they throw out the box after the 15 day return policy. There's nothing written anywhere that you have to return packaging and accessories after the return window of 15 days because Rogers doesn't take phones back after that time frame. Since they elected to take the phones back this policy needs to be adjusted to reflect returns of phones over 15 days.

At the bottom of your Rogers receipt it clearly states you require the receipt, components and packaging to be eligible for return/exchange within 15 days of purchase. There is no policy for returns over 15 days because Rogers doesn't have one because theyve never had to take a phone back after 15 days.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

They didn't get advised by Samsung to take the packaging and accessories back. I think you should ask Samsung yourself. It's Rogers return policy asking for the box and accessories not Samsung. You won't find one person at Samsung who will agree to what you've just said.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

In order to do a return of a product in any store or company, they require you to return everything at came with the device at the date of purchase. This can be advised to you by any company.

Carriers have to take back everything you got at the start of purchase including accessories and box. HOWEVER during rare circumstances they can take that away due to this rare recall and just have us return the phone if we have lost the box or accesories. This is up to each carrier.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Why question that ? If the Office of the President said that, the do it as they are trying to help you out.

Also if u ship it to then and communicate with the manager u spoke to at the office of the President, u both have a the tracking number to track the item as well.

I would say do it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Yes that is correct but this is a rare situation which has never happened before so stores are used to doing that and also the system will not allow them to go forward if the rep say " No accessories or box". So the reps can lie about that and might get in trouble " based on how head office sees it" or goes forward with it and accept it like that.

Now again all carriers are doing this and not just Rogers. I know a few people with Telus and Bell which were in the same situation as u which got declined due to no accessories or box. Now they are fighting to figure it out. Read also online that the same is happening in the states too.

Do i think it's right? No because they could just take the device back and that's all. That's what I see.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
I think the problem is that Rogers is going with the buyers remorse process which requires all the accessories and the box because the phone will be sold again so basically it's restocking. Problem is this is the first recall ever therefore it's sets a precedent. Unfortunately there is no process in place for such an event yet. The reps should be more lenient and understand that the accessories and box don't matter because the phones will be destroyed. When I returned my phone the rep didn't even look in the box. Guess I was lucky.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

Exactly so then the reps will go by what they know which is everything to be returned. Now again some reps will allow no accessories to be returned but most will not and follow what they know. It's happening to every carrier I noticed.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around

Not trying to sound trite but show us any printed literature saying that packaging and accessories must accompany recalls or even returns after more than 15 days or even 30 days. You won't find one but since you insist on stating this as true you need to back it up.

It's actually unreasonable to assume that customers would still have the packaging and every single accessory after 2 months. Theyre setting themselves up for a lawsuit. If these were the conditions of returning the device they should have said they can only process returns that fall under the buyers remorse policy and draw up alternatives for those who don't instead of saying customer safety is number 1 priority and full refubds and exchanges would be granted. They have fully demonstrated customer safety is not number 1 priority at all but keeping to the buyers remorse policy is number 1 priority. It was a straight up lie.

And worse is the unwillingness to draw up any alternatives but to send people away with dangerous devices that they sold and shrugging their shoulders requiring the customer to chase the retailers and manufacturers for answers. Highly irresponsible.

I'm unsure of sending this device back before any refund because clearly i don't trust Rogers. Have they given me any reason to trust them? They always lie and nobody knows what's going on.

Did Samsung make you send the device back first? Nope, they sent out replacements first because customer safety was indeed number 1 priority. They also knew people would lose faith in their company so they sent out replacements first and then asked consumers to send back the device.

The office of President wanted me to send the device back on my dime. When i told them I can't send this device through the mail and without a fireproof box the guy was taken by surprise. Seriously? You want me to send a $1200 device plus receipt back first and then expect a refund when i have no device or receipt? Pardon me for having my doubts.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Mrnovanova

No actually all the Note 7 are going to be destroyed. They will not be sold again, not even for their components to be salvaged. Everything including the packaging and accessories will wind up in a landfill and that further adds to why it makes no sense for Rogers to be so rigid in demanding all packaging and accessories back.

Poor management by Rogers for this situation. They really need to address this because as devices contain more complicated technology recalls like this can happen more and more and if consumers don't demand these questions to be satisfactory resolved now the same confusion, lies and BS will happen the next time a device is recalled.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
I haven't really read this thread in a bit since I brought my Note back last wed. Am I seeing that a Rogers Store rep isn't taking back your phone because of a missing charger? If that's the case what a Gongshow. My store I returned my Note to didn't even open my box. The rep just said do a Factory Reset on it. They never opened the box whatsoever. Didn't inspect the phone either. Was in and out in 15 min swapping to another phone

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Ask if they can refund your account first before sending it back. Then pay the shipping label and send it and also track it. This way u know when it arrives and who signed for it.

Now again do i think what the stores are doing is right? As I said no i don't think so. They should take it back either way as some stores are doing but again they are following protocol as per what they know on how to do it. If that protocol is broken by let's say a rep that is new,their job can be on the line and all. So they do what they know what do to.

Again as i said follow what the Office of the President is telling u to do and that's all.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Same as the store I went too as well. They didn't even open my gfs box. They just did the refund and that's that. Although she did tell them everything is in there and also it does state on the website that all accessories must be returned back " RogersMargaret did post that"

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Are you aware im not allowed to ship this device through the mail?

Neither was The Office of the President. See, my faith in them is in the negatives. What a clown show. The excutives are busy lunching at 5 star restaurants and driving Porshes, they probably don't even know there is a recall so not one person is dedicated to finding alternatives for device returns that don't meet the buyers remorse.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Have you spoken to the Rogers Office of the President u are speaking to and see if they can contact the store again or even get in contact with the district manager and see if they can resolve this?

There must be a way of doing this.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Dx9

That's correct.

The Office of the President couldn't make them take it back either. I Have to mail the device and receipt to them first, then im told they will refund me. If my history of interaction with Rogers has taught me anything, it's that one agent will tell you one thing and the next will have no idea why the first ahent told you that and then you're screwed. I don't feel comfortable sending this device back before im refunded. Id like to know if anyone has done something like this before and if i should trust I will get refunded and not magically people not knowing where my phone could be or why I was told to ship it or who told me to do it. Magically they won't know who I spoke to and the usual excuses with Rogers.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

The office of President said he didn't want to deal with the store either! Could you believe? Imagine how we customers feel dealing with stores when not even Rogers themselves want to deal with their stores. I'm so angry. This company really is a clown show.