Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

It's a joke... all samsung wants is the phone... i know this because people are trying to sell their boxes and acessories for 50-100$ on ebay....

Rogers is as usual only choosing to recall these phones because they will be liable if they dont and something happens.... this is every execs worst nightmare.. its just ridiculous that its such a chaotic mess here... when the two other big telecomms ; they just take your phone and refund yeah....

It really makes me quesiton why i still subsribe... and Bell's coverage has really been stepping up..

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Guys,
So I called the Rogers store i got my phone from and they said I could keep all the accessories but they would like the box back (if possible). They also asked for original phone. Lucky I kept both phones.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cabooch

Even Bell requires u to return the accessories. So really at the end u going to someone else over accessories will be down right a bad choice. All carriers no matter who it is, requires u to bring back the accessories u got with the device at the time of purchase. It clearly says that on the contract. Even if it's a recalled device, ask explained on the last page all recalled products ask forYou to send them back and any accesories that came with it no matter what it is.

All carriers are doing what Samsung told them to do. Don't blame the carrier when they got advised by the manufacturer what to do.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bieta

Some store will let u keep the accessories and majority of them won't and require u to bring them back.

The store I went to with my gf wanted her accessories back as well and the original device.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ricky17

I don't believe so as by law the carrier must do the return and or exchange due to the recall. Now if the store is giving u troubles speak to the store manager. Of they won't help then get in connect with the call center manager and explain there what is going on. Now if that doesn't help, ur only choice is speaking to the Office of the President.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@meomix what if you have sent the original phone back to samsung?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

When the store calls the support line they need, they need to explain it's the replacement unit and they will just change it there. They can not refuse to accept the replacement one seeing as on the Rogers site is shows u can use that and also they should know by now that many got replacements anyways
I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1 Yeah the palm detection is not very well implemented an it's definitely one of the drawbacks for the s7 edge. However there's an easy fix. Just stick in in a case. I use the Moko slim transparent case. It completely eliminates this issue and looks great.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

I thought the same but sometimes it does happen with the case as well i noticed.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

So i am happy to announce that the back end team removed my IMEI number for the Note 7 off of the account and it's been fully restored back to how it was before the upgrade. So everything was returned back. Now gotta go to the store tomorrow and drop off the device. Took them almost a week to do this and it was very frustrating. I will admit that this process has been one of the most frustrating processes I have ever dealt with but both the Office Of The President managers helped me on every way and offered me something that most won't. I do want to know what happened though.

Off to return the Note 7 tomorrow now.