cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Isn't it so ridiculous that amidst a serious mandatory recall of exploding phones, Rogers customers are reduced to worrying about used ear buds and boxes denying our ability to get refunded for our exploding phones? This should not be happening and it's both irresponsible and shows how little Rogers is trying to accommodate their customers during such a serious recall.

dale2
I plan to stick around
Yea but I'm sure those people payed extra didn't they. I think they were doing on a price basis.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Yeah i agree.. That's why i got the 256GB IPhone 7 Plus because i knew it as gonna pay more but the $200 trade in credit from the Note 7 was pushed to this device instead. ( Who ever did a trade in at the time of getting the Note 7 got $200 credit)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

To each their own..some want to keep the headphones and some don't right. Also they are asking questions to know before they go. It seems you and only a couple others have had this issue but most were able to do it. Seems like that location isn't doing its Job.

I would call the store manager and show them even on their website it shows it and by law they have to follow it. If not a lawsuit can be done and they will have to face that. If the store manager still does not agree then either contact @CommunityHelps and see if they can come in contact with the store or wait until Office of the President calls.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix why did you go with the iPhone?

Resale will be better, but I find iOS experience so dull, it's just click and point on an app to use.

no widgets and no themes

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

It does have widget just on the notification bar and window. Not desktop ones like Android. Also since I have owned all the other iPhones which came out i wanted to try this one out and see.

The fact is i owned the S7 edge. Liked it alot but don't want to go back to Samsung until the prove they built better phones without issues. Pixel XL is the same amount as the iPhone 7 Plus and looks like a iPhone. I don't root my devices nor will I ever so to me that feature is useless.

At the end I decided to go for this one as i wanted to and I got the color I was looking for. Others might want a Samsung or the Pixel XL which that's great for them though!

Prospect
I plan to stick around
I worry how easily the JB scratches.

I wish the Pixel had a $200 trade in credit for activation.

I too had the S7E and the VR. I told them it's absurd for me to go a S7E again at 450.

All you guys having trouble with returning the phone, just call Relations and ask for Management.
Management is doing device swaps and crediting the difference if there is any.

You get sent a new phone, and send the old one back from comfort of your house. Don't need to deal with the BS from store reps.

Eazy Peazy.

My issue is getting refunds for my official Samsung accessories. I called Sherway, even though it's a Samsung product, and I have a reciept, just not from Samsung store but authorized reseller.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I did everything over the phone as well with national sales & returns. New phone has already shipped and will get it early next week, Samsung credit already received on account. No hassles once I finally got transferred to them but very painful before that.

dale2
I plan to stick around
For those of you that did the exchange over the phone did you guys initially buy the phone from the store. Because i called yesterday and they said that I wouldn't be able to do it over the phone because I bought it in store. But this was before the new information release of today

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@Meowmix Boy when I see your frustration rising over service you have personally had to deal with, that is when I know that anyone in the same mess is in real trouble.  You are always so calm, and so informed, I didn't think anything could frustrate you.

Boy, what a mess - hope Rogers does the right thing in the end.

@Refundmynote7  If you haven't got satisfaction from corporate office reps, if you have their name and reference numbers for that interaction, I think I would just go CCTC. You don't have to go to ombudsman.  The date deadline doesn't matter to CCTC if you have been actively working with trying to get it resolved and getting no satisfactory solution.  Don't know how they would rule, but it is your next level of "independent" review and attempt for reconcilliation on this. The escalation process, as you are learning is a long one, and it doesn't help that it appears from the descriptions that people have provided that there is no consistent direction on how to do this, and I don't think they could have made the process much more difficult.  I don't envy your situation at all - try to keep your cool as best you can.

Just an innocent bystander trying to help.

Bruce

Prospect
I plan to stick around
I bought from Best Buy, first device DOA, swapped through Rogers. Best Buy said if I refund, they want the wireless charger and memory card back too.

I called Rogers, asked for Management.

Explained the situation, and they asked what I wanted. I haven't decided on the Pixel XL or JB iPhone. Resale is important to me, but we have no idea when the next Galaxy phone will drop.

Last year I went from S6E 128 GB to Priv, since the Note 5 was lame with no expandable, and 6 Plus was meh. Priv looked really interesting but riddled with build issues since Canada got the non wireless charging variant.

I got fed up with it, so once the S7E dropped I sold the Priv and got that instead.

Maybe we will see an S8 in March like this year.

I also thought about getting a JB iPhone, selling it to fund the purchase of the Batman S7E. If I have to go back to a S7E, I want the Batman one lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

The charger I can understand as you have to give that back but the memory card? They can't do anything with it. They can't sell it or anything. So it's useless..

Hopefully the manager left a note or a call back number and can get in contact with u when u decide what u want!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @BS@BS

Well when you go to the store the first day and they can't do anything for 2.5 hrs and then the call center says " it's happening to everyone". Then you go the next day to be waiting 5+ hrs to be told " the device on ur account shows as Generic Device and they can't remove it" gets on my nerves. The Office of the President manager helped as much as he could but even he couldn't remove it.. The 3 options I had was

1. Buy the phone outright and wait until it all clears to return the Note 7
2. Force a upgrade on my account and pay the upgrade fee from the Note 7 which would be $450 + $799 for the device
3. Wait for 1-2 weeks for a call back from the tech support which deals with the online my Rogers and also the back end and use the Note 7 or get a loner device.

Called back after the store didn't want to do any of those with their right as none of them are any good solution. The first manager Jennifer was incredibly rude and didn't seem to care and didn't want to either waive the upgrade fee on either line ( second line or my main line). Once I said " you do realize that as a manager you are failing to help a customer in need and telling them to keep a device which has been recalled and by law no one can use it and also by law you are supposed to take it back " her answer was" yes but unfortunately I can't do anything and I won't waive ur upgrade fee. So i said " that's why a lawsuite including ur name, Rogerscommunications and also the back end team will be dealt with " then she proceeded to say" that's fine but until then I'll have the office of the President call u"

I told her how useless she was and hung up. That's when I blood was boiling and i was so mad and almost about to flip out. I called back and amazingly a women which i can not remember her name tried her best. Her manager was one of the manager dealing with the Note 7 returns and all. He tried for over half an hour and could not do anything at all. Something about a glitch or two on my account causing a huge mess and issues as the device listed as " Generic Device" with no IMEI number. So the system will not allow any removal of IMEI or add a new IMEI either. So she spoke to him and the approved of my flextab aka upgrade fee on my second line to be waived off ( $333.50) and i can do the upgrade on my other line. I was happy and I did it.

The last thing I forgot was the $200 credit I am supposed to get from the Note 7 ( did a trade in when getting my Note 7 and got $200 credit) and the $25 credit towards the bill. So i emailed the office of the President and let them know about that and how if they can add it on my other line as i did the upgrade on that line.

So u see i did go through alot and not only 1 manager has failed but more then 3 during this week because of this ( and also some managers failed to help me out Monday and Tuesday for the exchange and what to do) also 5 different reps didn't see to care or bother to help. So for anyone to say I didn't go through alot, is wrong.

I am always calm, trying to help out but this show even I have issues with them too.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Prospect

I was told I have to deal with the store where I bought my phone from by both corporate and customer relations divisions of Rogers. Both have said that had I bought my phone off the Rogers website, both agents could process the return themselves but they can't because I bought it from a Rogers retail store and the systems are not connected. I do not want an exchange, I want a full refund. I really do not wish to continue services with Rogers any longer and an exchange will mean that phone is locked with Rogers.

I feel like im about to have an aneurysm over this. Have you ever been so upset over something that you no longer can think about it anymore without physically feeling ill? I'm about done chasing this company to process this recall. I paid 1200 to feel physically sick and be ignored and possibly set on fire. I'll just have to wait patiently until Samsung finally realizes that my phone has not been returned and comes looking for it. That's if it hasn't blown up. In that case they probably won't come looking at all.

Kake777
I plan to stick around
@Refundmynote7 can you let us know what store location you dealt with so we can avoid it in the future.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
Based on what I've read and experienced I'm fairly confident no one will ever get a refund. Their system is set up to not allow it. Only option available seems to be an exchange. I'm planning on going back in on the 20th and try that if they have one in stock. Best option if you want your money back imo is exchange for an iPhone and sell it off.

Rogers will never sign me up for anything again. If I decide I like the pure Google experience then I will buy directly from them in the future.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

Actually many got a refund including my gf. Thrusday when I went with her, she got the refund done immediately with no questions asked! Same with a few on here. Just seems some are getting bad reps which don't want to help or do the refund.

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
I too brought my phone back to get a full refund and was successful.

Sorry to hear others are having issues doing so, but it is definitely possible.

One thing i did notice, is the only way they could mark the return is by saying it was "buyers remorse" even though it is not. I think it's really the only category they can file the return under in their system.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robx7fcna

That is correct. Under my gfs account before she got the iPhone today she returned it and it was returned under buyers remorse. The rep over the phone confirmed that it would work that way only because of this and it's a rare situation this is happening. Also this is the first ever recall on a device and the systems are handled to take back any phones that have past the 15 days / 30 minute policy.

Anyways i do hope everyone can return their device back and get either another one or a full refund

comcry
I plan to stick around
After reading about all these issues with Rogers I am very happy I purchased from Samsung. I think I'll purchase directly from the manufacturer going forward. If samaung doesn't want the accessories back why is Rogers pushing for it. Ridiculous! We've been through enough!!

On another note, Samsung is bringing some software from the note to the s7. Just thought I'd share.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&source=web&q=&url=http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-gala...

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@wpd1 - I've confirmed that packaging and accessories are required for the return.    I've updated the post.