Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@Prospect

I was told I have to deal with the store where I bought my phone from by both corporate and customer relations divisions of Rogers. Both have said that had I bought my phone off the Rogers website, both agents could process the return themselves but they can't because I bought it from a Rogers retail store and the systems are not connected. I do not want an exchange, I want a full refund. I really do not wish to continue services with Rogers any longer and an exchange will mean that phone is locked with Rogers.

I feel like im about to have an aneurysm over this. Have you ever been so upset over something that you no longer can think about it anymore without physically feeling ill? I'm about done chasing this company to process this recall. I paid 1200 to feel physically sick and be ignored and possibly set on fire. I'll just have to wait patiently until Samsung finally realizes that my phone has not been returned and comes looking for it. That's if it hasn't blown up. In that case they probably won't come looking at all.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Refundmynote7 can you let us know what store location you dealt with so we can avoid it in the future.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Based on what I've read and experienced I'm fairly confident no one will ever get a refund. Their system is set up to not allow it. Only option available seems to be an exchange. I'm planning on going back in on the 20th and try that if they have one in stock. Best option if you want your money back imo is exchange for an iPhone and sell it off.

Rogers will never sign me up for anything again. If I decide I like the pure Google experience then I will buy directly from them in the future.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hdresden

Actually many got a refund including my gf. Thrusday when I went with her, she got the refund done immediately with no questions asked! Same with a few on here. Just seems some are getting bad reps which don't want to help or do the refund.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I too brought my phone back to get a full refund and was successful.

Sorry to hear others are having issues doing so, but it is definitely possible.

One thing i did notice, is the only way they could mark the return is by saying it was "buyers remorse" even though it is not. I think it's really the only category they can file the return under in their system.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robx7fcna

That is correct. Under my gfs account before she got the iPhone today she returned it and it was returned under buyers remorse. The rep over the phone confirmed that it would work that way only because of this and it's a rare situation this is happening. Also this is the first ever recall on a device and the systems are handled to take back any phones that have past the 15 days / 30 minute policy.

Anyways i do hope everyone can return their device back and get either another one or a full refund
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

After reading about all these issues with Rogers I am very happy I purchased from Samsung. I think I'll purchase directly from the manufacturer going forward. If samaung doesn't want the accessories back why is Rogers pushing for it. Ridiculous! We've been through enough!!

On another note, Samsung is bringing some software from the note to the s7. Just thought I'd share.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&source=web&q=&url=http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-gala...
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@wpd1 - I've confirmed that packaging and accessories are required for the return.    I've updated the post.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMargaret

Thanks for looking into that . This will indeed upset several people on here. Why does Rogers require the accessories while Samsung does not? This isn't buyers remorse, this is a recall from the manufacturer.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Its not only Rogers. All carriers are required to ask back for all the accessories. I noticed this I'm the AA posts in the states as well. So i guess it's a agreement within the carriers and manufactures. Also in order to do the Buyers Remorse on the computer, the store reps must say YES to accesories.