cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kake777

Yes all will be refunded back to the original way it was paid. So if u payed wit have ur credit card then it will be refunded back to the CC u used.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Although it you must be frustrated, have they at anytime stated you aren't eligible to return your device for the recall over an item you no longer have and can't replace? They may have lied (it is Rogers afterall) but did they at anytime outright tell you no; too bad; go talk to Samsung to get your refund for a phone we sold you? If the answer is no then it's not quite the same situation. You're being told to wait. Im being told to take my exploding phone and take a hike. It's not the same.

Kake777
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Meowmix always very helpful!

Just wanted to be sure given all the bad experiences I am reading. Hope things work out for everyone...

Now I just have to find an Android phone that is as good as this note 7. what a situation.

mxj004
I plan to stick around
Hello everyone. Just wondering, I'm planning on returning my note 7 tomorrow but my rogers store does not have iphone 7plus or even the s7 edge in stock. My question is if i get a full refund from the store i got my note 7 from am i able to then call other rogers stores and go in to get an iphone 7 plus or whatever phone if they have one in stock or would i have to wait until the refund shows up on my account? Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mxj004

The refund should show up immidealty after u do it. So yes u can call the call center and order a new phone!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

One of those managers over the phone told me to just do that. The store looked at me with a face u have never seen before. I even said " you do realize this could cause a lawsuit on ur end by saying that " manager said" that's fine but u can't return it. Keep it and use it ". I called back after and only then did i get a person that helped out. So yes i do. Please don't say that someone doesn't know ur situation when they have :).

Again your situation is unfortunate andhhopefully by speaking to the Office of the President they can deal with it and make it happen. I wonder why the store is doing this? Seems like once again we see another time of reps refusing customer service and also turning customers down...

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
My account balance was updated pretty much when the return was processed in the store, so you should be able to go to any store you wabt to get a different phone.

There is still s ton of confusion about the Samsung credit though... That would be the only concern but you would essentially be in the same situation as me in that you are refunding the phone for a credit. I'm hoping that qualifies us for the $25 credit and you don't actually have to activate another phone in the store during the same transaction to qualify. The wording from Rogers is quite vague...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Agreed!. Unfortunately I did not get it as.i had to upgrade on my other line ( long story short my account has glitches which causing the return to happen). So i hope everyone else does!

mxj004
I plan to stick around
Thanks guys wish me luck! Hopefully the systems are running smoothly by now.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Just FYI, the Samsung $ 100 credit that I was told would take 1 to 2 billing cycles was actually applied to my account immediately. Good news for those seeking to upgrade to another Samsung phone (S7 or S7E). 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mxj004

Hopefully all goes well!

wpd1
I plan to stick around

By the way, I was initially looking to change to a iPhone 7Plus but, not only was it way more expensive ( unjustified for what you get ) but the show stopper was that it actually feels like your holding a brick, a large clay brick. No contour and heavy. Couldn't see carrying that thing in my pocket and uncomfortable to use in the hand. And the bezels just make this look like a 5 year old phone. My experience anyway.

comcry
I plan to stick around
I paid with credit card and was refunded on my debit.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

Not bad! Most likely due to the waiting period.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Honestly i don't mind the heaviness as it ensures that it's not made out of plastic. That's in my own opinion. Also I have used all the other iPhones since the first one so I am used to this.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @wpd1

Honestly i don't mind the heaviness as it ensures that it's not made out of plastic. That's in my own opinion. Also I have used all the other iPhones since the first one so I am used to this.

Yeah, I had all the iPhones up to an including 5 and then left for Samsung when they refused to provide a larger screen on the next update. Everyone is different. I do recall when they first offered a 5.5" version that I tried it and returned it for the same reasons I didn't get it this time.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Further to my post on the $ 100 credit, it's actually $ 100 plus taxes so the credit is actually $ 113.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Yeah that's what I remember too from back then with them. I do like the iPhone 7 Plus. Looks great and feels good especially with the Jet Black model. The only thing I miss from Android is the launchers.that's all.

Oh yes any credits u get, they add taxes from a few months ago it seems.

rDell
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
About to return my note 7 today.

Not sure if I should get an S7E, iPhone 7 plus or just wait for the pixel XL.

Decisions decisions.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@rDell

It must be nice to be able to return a recalled phone.

I wonder if my phone catches on fire will Rogers be liable for refusing to allow me to return my device? I suppose they would fight me tooth and nail to keep every cent they've ever made off me and because they couldn't care less if this device exploded right now in my hands as I type this post.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

The store is refusing to do it. So it seems that the store is not either trained on the policy or whatever is going on.

Again speak to the office of the President and get them to speak to the store. They will resolve it that way as the office of the President is higher then the store and can tell the store what to do.

If that fails then u know what root to take. It seems that the store reps need to take some responsible and act fast.