Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@BS@BS

It's been escalated with corporate Rogers. Should I still go through the portal and file a complaint as you mentioned in the other post? My concern is that I will only have until November 30 to get a refund and going to the Ombudsmen will take longer than that. If I don't hear back from Corporate Rogers as promised within 48-72 hours I think my only option is to go to the media and let the world see how difficult and careless Rogers has been during this recall. They could easily see how flimsy Rogers' excuses have been putting it all on Samsung when its really all Rogers. They really need to be exposed for just how little priority they've put into customer safety. This has just been absolutely ridiculous and infuriating.

Most of all you should see how little the manager of the store seemed to care. He wouldn't even come out to talk to me directly until the Corporate Rogers rep asked me to hand the phone to the store manger so that he can have a word and the Corporate rep was disappointed with the store managers response as well. If a Rogers emoloyee is disappointed with the way Rogers is handling this recall then you know it's not being handled right and it's a million times worse for the customers who can't do anything about it.

Shame on Rogers.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Refundmynote7

You can see I went through a similar issue but the reps tried their best to help out. Unfortunately on my account there is a huge issue or glitch that is causing the return to go. So i spent hrs on end trying to do this and the best they could do is do the upgrade on my other line. Believe me i know what u are saying.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey meowmix, i bought my note 7 outright at the Rogers store and paid with my visa card. I have the original note 7 and I also have the replacement note 7. I plan to go to the Rogers store and return them both with all accessories anr boxes etc. So when I do so the Rogers store will refund me the money back onto my visa card correct? I want a full refund. No exchanges or anything just want my money back. Just want to confirm how i will get my money back. Thx
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

No I don't think you do. Not trying to be rude but Rogers actually tried to refund or exchange your phone. It is technical issues preventing them from being able to do something. In my case they aren't trying to help me at store level where i have to return my phone. In fact they are trying not to help me at all if not make the process more difficult and told both I and the Corporate agent bold face lies as to why they couldn't and wouldn't. That's two very different circumstances although I understand your case is frustrating the difference is that Rogers tried for you. In my case they are intentionally making things difficult and not even trying to help find a way to return my device. If I didn't spend 3 hours casing down a Corporate agent to help me I would be without any help whatsoever. Even that agent spent an hour trying to convince the manager to refund the phone and even so much as tried to see if there were any options with Samsung. None. Im stuck. Rogers made a profit from the sale of this phone and they seem to care more about keeping that profit than my safety or my continued business. Unbelievable how short sighted this company is behaving and how poorly their retail stores are run.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Refundmynote7

Oh but little did you know i do know. There is more to the story. 2 managers lied over the phone, over 5 reps failed to help and another manage failed to help me today at the store. They didn't want to do anything at all other then me waiting until the glitch gets taken care of but i have had another glitch going on ( preventing me to use the reservation system) since July and still waiting for it to be resolved. The rep I dealt with hasn't called me in 3 weeks and never calls me back when I leave him messages. Then again I spoke to 4 reps and 1 manager today and not one wanted to help me with this glitch or even offer me something because of it. Spent 2 days and over 7hrs because of this. In the end I got the phone but I still have a recalled phone at home which i can't return. So yes i do know how u feel.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kake777

Yes all will be refunded back to the original way it was paid. So if u payed wit have ur credit card then it will be refunded back to the CC u used.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Although it you must be frustrated, have they at anytime stated you aren't eligible to return your device for the recall over an item you no longer have and can't replace? They may have lied (it is Rogers afterall) but did they at anytime outright tell you no; too bad; go talk to Samsung to get your refund for a phone we sold you? If the answer is no then it's not quite the same situation. You're being told to wait. Im being told to take my exploding phone and take a hike. It's not the same.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix always very helpful!

Just wanted to be sure given all the bad experiences I am reading. Hope things work out for everyone...

Now I just have to find an Android phone that is as good as this note 7. what a situation.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello everyone. Just wondering, I'm planning on returning my note 7 tomorrow but my rogers store does not have iphone 7plus or even the s7 edge in stock. My question is if i get a full refund from the store i got my note 7 from am i able to then call other rogers stores and go in to get an iphone 7 plus or whatever phone if they have one in stock or would i have to wait until the refund shows up on my account? Thanks!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mxj004

The refund should show up immidealty after u do it. So yes u can call the call center and order a new phone!