cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hi @Refundmynote7,

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. From the sounds of it,  you didn't have the best experience. We'll have someone reach out to you via @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further.

RogersZia

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

I've updated the Note 7 Replacement Program thread.  Please take a look.

~RogersMargaret

I had to take a refund while I wait for the Pixel XL to launch. Does that mean I should expect no $25 credit based on this statement?

2. You will receive a $100 credit if you exchange for a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge device. Alternatively, you will receive a $25 credit if you exchange for a device OTHER THAN an S7 or S7 edge. These two credits cannot be combined.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersMargaret

Thank you for that !

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@RogersMargaret

Did you add language specific to returning the phone and whether Accesories are required?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Asking the store they said all accessories and box was needed but I didn't return mine as my account was having issues. So I did the upgrade on my other line.

G_Money
I plan to stick around

@zerojay wrote:

Here's my experience with all this exchange stuff.

I had my original Note 7 bought from the store and I also had the replacement which I hadn't sent back to Samsung yet. I still had some stuff for work on the replacement so I wasn't going to turn it in yet.

I brought back my original phone to the store I bought it from. I got told I had to have the original receipt. The guy working the counter refused to help me with that or to even get his own paper copy and kept saying "Samsung wants the original." I left went home and found the receipt and went back.

The store's rather packed now, an hour later. After a long wait, I get to the front of the line, explain my situation and the worker starts processing it. He tells me he has to phone in the change and it could take 15 minutes. He stays on hold while helping someone else out with an iPhone purchase. 30 minutes later, he tells me that he can't process it because if he does, the money will only get returned to my account in 3 months but it'll show up overnight if I do not get the phone now. Why no one bothered to tell me this earlier, I do not know. He told me that they had done 5 returns for the Note 7 yesterday and of those all of them were waiting for the Pixel XL now. I leave, pretty frustrated about the whole thing and without the S7 Edge I was hoping for.

Checked my account this morning, saw the balance was fixed after my return and went directly to the store to pick up the S7 Edge. Manager says the price of the phone dropped $100 overnight in the system. When I inquired about the $100 from Samsung, he said he's never heard of it and said that he checks all the latest phone news constantly (yeah, right). So I have my S7 Edge and I'll have to call to see about the Samsung credit.

Phone itself, having never used it before, does feel like a gimped Note 7 so far, but it's doing what I need it to do so far, so no real complaints. Just can't wait to see more Note 7 features/GraceUX start showing up.

@zerojay  Not sure I understand what you're saying here - "he tells me that he can't process it because if he does, the money will only get returned to my account in 3 months but it'll show up overnight if I do not get the phone now."

The rep told you that it would take 3 months to get the refund if you exchanged for another phone? But that you would get the refund immediately if you didn't exchange for another phone (i.e., took the money and left)? That doesn't seem to jive with what everyone else has experienced - but I don't want to waste my time going to Rogers if that's true.

He told me - just like with my trade-in previously - that it'll take months before it shows up on my statement but if he took the phone now, it would go through overnight and then I can take the phone. That's exactly what happened, the money was refunded and I was able to pick up my phone. He said he was told that by Rogers when he attempted to call it in.

By the way, since it was my original that I gave in, the IMEI matched so there were no issues there.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @zerojay

It won't be a couple of months. It will
Show up on the next invoice you get.

Well, all I can say is that all my trade-in credit has always taken exactly 3 bills before they are credited so...

comcry
I plan to stick around
I just returned my note to the Samsung store with no accessories in either box. It was the least they could do for me.

I was told that they will apply my $200 trade in credit plus the $100 Samsung note exchange credit so $300 off is a pretty good deal. Of course they didn't have any in stock so I get to drive another two hours to sherway when it comes in.

They would not trade in our refund any of my third party accessories which was frustrating because they told me they would before going. Now I have to figure out how to return my case which I purchased from Spigen. And I have a cover that I can't remember where I purchased it.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
As others have previously stated my Store had to call in to do the refund/exchange for the iPhone 7 Plus. Something wasn't populating on their end but eventually it went through. The rep had to write down a case number etc and Rogers has some adjusting to do in the back office he says. After it all I was able to walk out with my iPhone. My Rogers account hasn't been updated wit the refund yet. My latest bill is Due Oct 28. The bill is high because of the Note 7 upgrade and early upgrade. Guess I'll call and see next week if I pay that or not? Would rather not though

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

They won't accept any usbC cable, it has to be the official Samsung fast charge usbC plug and cable that came with the phone. They won't accept a third party charger. They even want the instruction manual. Like seriously Rogers?

You can stop making excuses for this store. The corporate agent that tried to talk to the manager to accept the phone said that this was "monkey business" and that he felt the manager was very reluctant to accommodate the return and he said he was escalating it to his senior management. 24 hours now and still nothing. At this point I'm so angry that even if they granted a return I spent 5 straightt hours being told bold face lies by this Rogers retail store. They even lied to the corporate agent blaming the strict return policy on Samsung requiring all packaging and accessories back. The corporate agent then did a three way with me and Samsung. It was all a lie. It's Rogers being picky about the packaging and accessories because they have no return policy for recall. They are processi g them as buyers remorse like I just changed my mind, therefore I'm responsible for bringing the phone back in the condition I received it - all packaging and accessories.

It's incredible that Rogers has no recall policies to follow and that's why this return process has been such a nightmare. How does a company with no recall plan release a statement to the media that "customer safety is our number one priority"? It's such an irrelevant and low priority that Rogers has no policy on how to handle a recall at least not at retail store level.

RogersMargaret

@wpd1 ... I will find out and circle back to the post to let the community know about accessories.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

I would suggest reading what i have went through the before saying " you can stop making excuses for this store"....

Anyways well then that's something u need to speak with on the office of the President and see what they say.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@BS@BS

It's been escalated with corporate Rogers. Should I still go through the portal and file a complaint as you mentioned in the other post? My concern is that I will only have until November 30 to get a refund and going to the Ombudsmen will take longer than that. If I don't hear back from Corporate Rogers as promised within 48-72 hours I think my only option is to go to the media and let the world see how difficult and careless Rogers has been during this recall. They could easily see how flimsy Rogers' excuses have been putting it all on Samsung when its really all Rogers. They really need to be exposed for just how little priority they've put into customer safety. This has just been absolutely ridiculous and infuriating.

Most of all you should see how little the manager of the store seemed to care. He wouldn't even come out to talk to me directly until the Corporate Rogers rep asked me to hand the phone to the store manger so that he can have a word and the Corporate rep was disappointed with the store managers response as well. If a Rogers emoloyee is disappointed with the way Rogers is handling this recall then you know it's not being handled right and it's a million times worse for the customers who can't do anything about it.

Shame on Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

You can see I went through a similar issue but the reps tried their best to help out. Unfortunately on my account there is a huge issue or glitch that is causing the return to go. So i spent hrs on end trying to do this and the best they could do is do the upgrade on my other line. Believe me i know what u are saying.

Kake777
I plan to stick around
Hey meowmix, i bought my note 7 outright at the Rogers store and paid with my visa card. I have the original note 7 and I also have the replacement note 7. I plan to go to the Rogers store and return them both with all accessories anr boxes etc. So when I do so the Rogers store will refund me the money back onto my visa card correct? I want a full refund. No exchanges or anything just want my money back. Just want to confirm how i will get my money back. Thx

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

No I don't think you do. Not trying to be rude but Rogers actually tried to refund or exchange your phone. It is technical issues preventing them from being able to do something. In my case they aren't trying to help me at store level where i have to return my phone. In fact they are trying not to help me at all if not make the process more difficult and told both I and the Corporate agent bold face lies as to why they couldn't and wouldn't. That's two very different circumstances although I understand your case is frustrating the difference is that Rogers tried for you. In my case they are intentionally making things difficult and not even trying to help find a way to return my device. If I didn't spend 3 hours casing down a Corporate agent to help me I would be without any help whatsoever. Even that agent spent an hour trying to convince the manager to refund the phone and even so much as tried to see if there were any options with Samsung. None. Im stuck. Rogers made a profit from the sale of this phone and they seem to care more about keeping that profit than my safety or my continued business. Unbelievable how short sighted this company is behaving and how poorly their retail stores are run.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Oh but little did you know i do know. There is more to the story. 2 managers lied over the phone, over 5 reps failed to help and another manage failed to help me today at the store. They didn't want to do anything at all other then me waiting until the glitch gets taken care of but i have had another glitch going on ( preventing me to use the reservation system) since July and still waiting for it to be resolved. The rep I dealt with hasn't called me in 3 weeks and never calls me back when I leave him messages. Then again I spoke to 4 reps and 1 manager today and not one wanted to help me with this glitch or even offer me something because of it. Spent 2 days and over 7hrs because of this. In the end I got the phone but I still have a recalled phone at home which i can't return. So yes i do know how u feel.