cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
I spent 5 hours being totally humiliated at the Rogers store being told like a child why this is my fault and they can't refund my device which i paid outright for. I called customer service, retention and even a Rogers Corporate rep couldn't convince the store manager to refund the device. The corporate manager has escalated my complaint to his senior and I haven't heard back. I'm posting this post from my Note 7 right now. Anyone know if there is any legal actions going against Rogers and they are handling this recall?

I want to confirm the Rogers Corporate rep even called Samsung on a three Way and Samsung confirmed they don't require any box or accessories and thid is strictly Rogers preventing the return. I really want to warm people about how Rogers is handling this recall. I've been with Rogers a very long time. Im not even on contract but stayed with them. I'm so angry right now I just want my device refunded and to dump this terrible company from my services. It wasn't Rogers CM but the fact that they have no control over their retail stores and how poorly they've managed this recall im truly disgusted with their policies.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Refundmynote7

Well, regardless of why your in the situation your in, Samung can't leave a Note 7 in the wild. You'll have to take this up with a higher authority within Rogers ( Office of the President ) and at the same time, I would push on Samsung directly.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around

@wpd1

That's ridiculous, this isnt even their recall. They're unnesscessarly making this recall difficult when Samsung does not require all the items back but Rogers is demanding them. I don't resell my phones. I buy them outright and use them for a long time. I have my box but I lost my charger. They told me they won't refund even if one thing such as the box is missing because they aren't processing returns as a recall but a buyers remorse and the stipulations for a buyers remorse is everything it came with including the packaging and in resellable condition or NO return. It's totally unfair and unethical for Rogers to be processing these returns as a buyers remorse when it is a recall and expecting all content stipulations of a buyers remorse return when it's a mandatory recall. 100% Rogers is in the wrong.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Refundmynote7

Ok, this started out as having no box and no accessories and now there's a box and all accessories but the charger. If you lost the charger, buy another one and you'll get your refund, based on what you've described. You lost the charger, that's on you, not Rogers.

If you don't feel any sense of responsibility for losing the charger, then ask to speak with the "Office of The President" ( @Meowmix can point you in the right direction ) and plead your case.  

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
It's not on me. I don't have to keep all my accessories after 15 days because its my phone and not subject to return. They want the same charger the device came with not a third party. I cant even buy that im Canada.

Do you not understand how a recall works? The reason theyre denying it is that theyre not processing recalls theyre processing buyers remorse. As in I changed my mind but the device is still new . That's not what happened.

As for the box I didn't mean i didn't have the box i meant that you can't get refunded if you don't have everything such as the box. It was a warning to others because a lot of people don't keep that stuff.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
That's not the same charger. Thats for a Note 3. Why are you responding if you're only going to be disingenuous and condescending?

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Refundmynote7

Ok, try the Office of The President. Was just thinking if it was just a matter of $15, is it worth the hassle, but I see you're pushing this on principle ( recall or remorse ). Good luck. 

@Refundmynote7 wrote:

@wpd1

That's ridiculous, this isnt even their recall. They're unnesscessarly making this recall difficult when Samsung does not require all the items back but Rogers is demanding them. I don't resell my phones. I buy them outright and use them for a long time. I have my box but I lost my charger. They told me they won't refund even if one thing such as the box is missing because they aren't processing returns as a recall but a buyers remorse and the stipulations for a buyers remorse is everything it came with including the packaging and in resellable condition or NO return. It's totally unfair and unethical for Rogers to be processing these returns as a buyers remorse when it is a recall and expecting all content stipulations of a buyers remorse return when it's a mandatory recall. 100% Rogers is in the wrong.

I know you probably don't want to deal with them anymore but the only thing I can suggest is speaking to an assistant manager or the store manager and ask them to check their sales portal/knowledge database regarding returning the note 7s and if they still cannot find it they need to call their support group.

I suggest not wasting your money on buying the another charger because I know all carriers are accepting the phone without accessories or packaging.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
@wpd1

That's not the charger for this phone. Samsung haven't even released the usbC for sale in Canada yet! How are you not warned or banned for being condescending, rude and unhelpful?

Let's keep this on topic please. 

Healthy debate is encouraged but we will not permit any attacks, personal or towards a corporation or organization, on this forum.

RogersCorey

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@rDell

You are not being fact based. In fact, any store that I have heard of on here and my personal experience returning the device have required that all accessories be included. While that may not represent all stores, I think it's been fairly consistent across most returns expressed on this site. Whether they should or shouldn't can be debated.

rDell
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@wpd1 wrote:

@rDell

You are not being fact based. In fact, any store that I have heard of on here and my personal experience returning the device have required that all accessories be included. While that may not represent all stores, I think it's been fairly consistent across most returns expressed on this site. Whether they should or shouldn't can be debated.

The knowledge base and communcations I receive are the same communications retail receives.

I'm trying to provide some support for you guys to make returning the phone easier and have only been posting things I'm 100% sure of (on Rogers side at least) else I wouldn't bother sharing the information. Sadly, I'm limited to what I can do as I cannot fully support customers on the forum, only provide information.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Refundmynote7

Did you lose the cable AND charger or just the charger ? The charger for the Note 7 is USB 2.0A, same as the other Fast chargers on previous devices, it's the cable that's USB-C.

Just trying to help you out....

I can't even buy a charger because they haven't put any to market yet. I'm really stuck with this phone and its100% because Rogers.

@oDell

I did speak to the manager, the Rogers Corporate agent spoke to the manager and the clerk called their supervisor and both manager and supervisor denied the return based on it didn't meet buyers remorse stipulations and they couldn't process the return as a buyers remorse without everything it originally came with.

I'm really upset and im basically reduced to venting here because absolutely no one will help me. Not Rogers and not Samsung.

If anyone is experiencing the same please let me know if there is any legal recourse.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@rDell wrote:

@wpd1 wrote:

@rDell

The knowledge base and communcations I receive are the same communications retail receives.

I'm trying to provide some support for you guys to make returning the phone easier and have only been posting things I'm 100% sure of (on Rogers side at least) else I wouldn't bother sharing the information. Sadly, I'm limited to what I can do as I cannot fully support customers on the forum, only provide information.

Well, we've spent the day trying to figure out why nobody on the chat line or phone at Rogers knows of or could process the $ 100 Samsung credit, even though it's clearly stated and communicated. The stores, chat lines and Phone reps aren't getting or reading the information and it's providing considerable frustration for all of us on here that already know what's supposed to take place. So, while you clearly have the same information as us, the people that need to execute the changes for us don't. So, stores are processing returns as buyers remorse and not recall, rep's are unaware of credits associated wity the returns, etc....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Actually you are incorrect. I bought 2 Samsung Type C cables from Crackberry here in Canada. $44 with taxes and shipping fees... So don't know where u are getting ur information from..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rDell

Even today for the past 4 hrs they had issues removing the old IMEI and doing the upgrade. Seems rogers systems haven't fully fixed them selfs and causing more of a headache. No one can do anything it seems like and it's making me. Upset. So i am stuck with a recalled phone, csnt do a upgrade as it still shows my new upgrade fee and the device being called " generic phone" and also the managers and store reps can't do anything...

Kinda upset and looking for a way out to be honest.

So i had to do the upgrade on my other line which i am now paying the upgrade fee on that, device price and connection which is $1,000 in total. This is not good at all... Unhappy

zerojay
I'm here a lot

Here's my experience with all this exchange stuff.

I had my original Note 7 bought from the store and I also had the replacement which I hadn't sent back to Samsung yet. I still had some stuff for work on the replacement so I wasn't going to turn it in yet.

I brought back my original phone to the store I bought it from. I got told I had to have the original receipt. The guy working the counter refused to help me with that or to even get his own paper copy and kept saying "Samsung wants the original." I left went home and found the receipt and went back.

The store's rather packed now, an hour later. After a long wait, I get to the front of the line, explain my situation and the worker starts processing it. He tells me he has to phone in the change and it could take 15 minutes. He stays on hold while helping someone else out with an iPhone purchase. 30 minutes later, he tells me that he can't process it because if he does, the money will only get returned to my account in 3 months but it'll show up overnight if I do not get the phone now. Why no one bothered to tell me this earlier, I do not know. He told me that they had done 5 returns for the Note 7 yesterday and of those all of them were waiting for the Pixel XL now. I leave, pretty frustrated about the whole thing and without the S7 Edge I was hoping for.

Checked my account this morning, saw the balance was fixed after my return and went directly to the store to pick up the S7 Edge. Manager says the price of the phone dropped $100 overnight in the system. When I inquired about the $100 from Samsung, he said he's never heard of it and said that he checks all the latest phone news constantly (yeah, right). So I have my S7 Edge and I'll have to call to see about the Samsung credit.

Phone itself, having never used it before, does feel like a gimped Note 7 so far, but it's doing what I need it to do so far, so no real complaints. Just can't wait to see more Note 7 features/GraceUX start showing up.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@Refundmynote7  As suggested, go to office of President via the My Rogers portal - make clear in your message what you are dealing with, any notes or ID numbers from your dealings so far, refer them to discussions on here.  They will call within 48 hours.

Then say explicitly what you want from them, and then if not satisfied, remember not to accept any compensation and go to Ombudsman, or directly to CCTC.  But remember that if you accept any offer, CCTC will consider that Rogers resolved it with you.

But choice is yours, but I wouldn't spend too much time talking, get what you are after, and if not happy with the offer, just escalate.

Glad I didn't buy the phone, I have just been watching this mess grow and grow. Wonder how other carriers are doing with this one.

Bruce

cabooch
I plan to stick around

That's so ridiculous and miserable... it sounds like the employees were slightly incompetent there.... i plan on not bringing the original recepit ( i never recieved a replacement note so my IMEI matches)  if there is a problem i will certainly be raising a little bit of ruckus... 

Ive noticed a lot of store managers and reps are somewhat clueless to the 100$  /  25$ credit im not surprised as this whole Recall - Discontinuation has been a miscommunication... 

It is truly unfortunate we will have to give up this phone given the fact that there is no truly suitable alternative ( iris scanner was so freaking fast, stylus life or no life)

But alas i guess a Pixel XL will suffice.... 

I think we all just have to remember that the Note 7 Discontinuaton and Recall is truly a mess, be kind to those who are helping you out rn!