Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

did your current imei match the contract imei?

They said they won't refund if imeis are different.
I Plan to Stick Around

Returned my Note 7 last night and I picked up a iPhone 7 Plus 256gb last night thinking it would have good value later on. Cost was about $200 more than the Note 7.

Big mistake. The phone is so awful in the hand compared to the Note 7. I like the responsiveness but other than that the hardware simply feels old and heavy.

Going to take it back tonight for a refund. 

In case anyone is wondering the return process took a bit but it did completely "undo" the Note 7 from my account. I had the proper account balance and my previous hardware upgrade fee restored plus two months of payments. I was surpised how well it worked.

Jon

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

What? How would that work if one has returned the original Note 7 back to Samsung when they got the replacement?. Makes no sense
Rogers Employee rDell
Rogers Employee

@Prospect wrote:
did your current imei match the contract imei?

They said they won't refund if imeis are different.

They have to refund as most Note 7 users have phones with different IMEIs due to the replacement program.

As far as I know each department has specific instructions on how to return the phone. If you are talking about retail not returning the phone I confirmed with a retail rep yesterday that they have a specific scenario with instructions on how to return the phone if the IMEI doesn't match the contract. For call centre/online orders you have to call in and have them process it over the phone.

If you have a replacement phone they will inspect the device for the green battery indicator/black square on the packaging and return the device in their POS using the original IMEI on the receipt at the time of purchase. You can make it easier if you already have the receipt so they don't need to go look for it. It will also take about 15+ minutes to complete the transaction as they need to call in to their support group to process to return/refund.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm,

Then I am in trouble. When I did my upgrade on launch day, my Note 7 was DOA. So, Rogers sent me a replacement within the same week, somehow they found stock. 

The replacement was not defective free, it was recalled too.

Guess, I need Rogers to fix this mess.

I Plan to Stick Around

For your entertainment.....

Those aware of what I have dealt with the last 30 days with Samsung, I got a call yesterday from Samsung advising that I need to send my phone back to them ( finally ). They sent me a way bill with Fedex and said they would pack the phone prior to shipping. I went to Fedex today and they basically held up crosses in my face, sprayed me with holy water and refused to accept the Note 7.

This is the 3rd place Samsung has sent me to return the phone in the last while. I'm beginning to think I'm on some hidden camera show. Someone's getting a real kick out of this.

I swore that I wouldn't put any effort into this anymore ( it's not my phone / I didn't pay for it ) but I just wanted to finally get rid of it, so I fell for it again. That's it. If they want it, they can knock on my door.

I can't get rid of this thing ! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried to return a replacement Note 7 to a Rogers store today. Since it didn't have the IMEI of the original, Rogers couldn't do the return (cancel the new contract) and I was sent home with the Note 7.

Apparently this issue is software related on Rogers end and they will call me when it's resolved. I told them I was not returning the phone to Samsung, because I can't trust the logistics of how to get my refund and contract cancelled.

I do find it odd that there is no plan in place to deal with recalled devices.  Im my opinion, Samsung and Rogers should be inconvenienced, not the consumer. They have my $1000+ and I have a brick and no one can make that right today.

I'm sure it'll work out in the end......

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @IcoHolic

Hmm that's weird. Now i do have my original unit and most likely will bring it just incase this does happen.

I wonder why they haven't activated this yet. Did u ask them to call in?
I Plan to Stick Around

@IcoHolic wrote:

I tried to return a replacement Note 7 to a Rogers store today. Since it didn't have the IMEI of the original, Rogers couldn't do the return (cancel the new contract) and I was sent home with the Note 7.

Apparently this issue is software related on Rogers end and they will call me when it's resolved. I told them I was not returning the phone to Samsung, because I can't trust the logistics of how to get my refund and contract cancelled.

I do find it odd that there is no plan in place to deal with recalled devices.  Im my opinion, Samsung and Rogers should be inconvenienced, not the consumer. They have my $1000+ and I have a brick and no one can make that right today.

I'm sure it'll work out in the end......

Was it for a refund or phone replacement?  If a replacement, I think it's a problem with your store personnel.  I did the very same thing today (different IMEI than on the receipt) and it went through smoothly.  I also got credited an additional $100 for getting the S7 Edge (on top of the price difference between the Note 7 and Edge 7).

If you were looking for a refund, I was told that the process was not yet in place.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone

Just got this text message from Rogers

" Rogers service msg: Urgent: Update on Samsung Note 7: Customers with a Note 7 purchased from Rogers can exchange it for a comparable in-market device or get a refund. Please return your Note 7 to the Rogers store where you bought it with your proof of purchase. If you purchased the device online or over the phone, call us at 1-877-224-9832. Please continue to keep your Note 7 powered off and not in use."