Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @rajeshr

They won't add $200 credit. It's only one $100 credit from Samsung Canada that is being given out if indeed its coming to Canada.
I've Been Here Awhile

What other options are there as a replacement for the Note 7?   I was thinking of the S7 Edge too, but I would like other options.  

Does anyone know if Rogers is still going to honour to include a 64Gb micro-SD card for Note 7 Pre-orders?   Mine was still in process prior to the initial recall and I don't think I qualify for the cash back promo refund since my original phone is an Iphone 4S.  Even so, I would like to keep my 4S and turn it into an Ipod for music 🙂

So far, Rogers hasn`t posted or sent anything out to existing pre-order customers to notify them that the Note 7 is no longer available and what options are available.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @armchi

Unfortunately no they won't Honor is as u no longer will be getting the Note 7. The promo with the free 64GB memory card was only for the Note 7. Seeing as u won't be getting it, they won't offer it.. Also it was a promotion given to carriers by Samsung.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How is Samsung going to process refunds for Note 7 accessories? Am I taking it to the Samsung store, or do I send an email with the reciept?

Rogers said to contact Samsung about the accessories, Best Buy to contact Samsung too. 

Best Buy said they will not do any returns if you swapped the device during the recall, since the IMEI will not match contract IMEI. Best Buy also won't refund any used memory card and screen protector for the Note 7, they said tough luck, since you used it. Also told me to go to Samsung Canada.

I'm not upset at Samsung, they need whoever is running logistics to put pressure on the third party retailers, or Rogers needs too. 

I decided to go to Pixel or iPhone instead, so I have no need for two wireless chargers, the Note 7 LED Case, and a 128 GB Memory Card. All of which totaled around 430 after tax on accessories for me.  Best Buy won't take it back, and Rogers said to talk to Samsung, even though official notice on Samsung site is to get a refund for it.

Oct 13 is here and Samsung still doesn't know what to do with this debacle.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just came back from BestBuy and returned my phone without any issues. Also, they accepted any used/new accessories for the phone as a refund. And they let me keep the 128gb memory card for my troubles.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix - other than the $100 credit that Samsung may offer, I'm asking whether they would refund the cost difference between the Note 7 and S7 Edge?  If not, then effectively you would be paying more than MSRP for the S7 Edge.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rajeshr

Unfortunately no. You still have to pay up the difference between one to another device. All carriers are doing this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix - sorry, I don't understand.  The S7 Edge is $100 cheaper than the Note 7.  Does Rogers/Samsung expect me to eat that cost - i.e. pay for the Note 7 but get a S7 Edge?  If that's the case, I'll get a refund and then buy the S7 Edge as it'll save me $100...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rajeshr

When you go into the store, they will return the Note 7 back and redo a upgrade again for the S7 edge depending in the pricing u get. U don't pay for the Note 7 as its being returned back.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@rajeshr wrote:

@Meowmix - sorry, I don't understand.  The S7 Edge is $100 cheaper than the Note 7.  Does Rogers/Samsung expect me to eat that cost - i.e. pay for the Note 7 but get a S7 Edge?  If that's the case, I'll get a refund and then buy the S7 Edge as it'll save me $100...

You are correct.

The note 7 = $550

S7E = $450 = refund of $100 because of price difference + $100 additional Samsung credit (If Canadian subscribers are eligible for this credit)