Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @wpd1

They are doing the $100 credit towards any Samsung device because they damaged their brand because of this. A $25 credit is something but should be a bit more for the inconvenience that all the Note 7 users have faced.

Agreed. Samsung Canada once again has failed to communicate and leave us in the dark. Thus why i moved away from their TV's a while back and now from their mobile.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Prospect The LG V20 will be distributed exclusively by Videotron according to Maple syrup.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yeah that is pretty sad they don't do something like that here in Canada. Maybe due to the fact they only sold 20,000 devices and couldn't care less. I like Samsung devices and have a few at home. Might be my last Samsung phone for a while. They Haven't had the greatest customer service over the years with me on some products.
I Plan to Stick Around

I gotta say I'm glad they didn't have the black iPhone 7 plus in stock. I went back to the s7 edge and to be honest I forgot how wonderful it was. It's really a great device and without a doubt the next best thing in relation to the Note 7. I got 209$ worth of credit. I had paid 350$ for the note 7 so 141$ is not too bad for a brand new s7 edge tbh. Soo glad I didn't go for the iPhone 7 plus. I'm selling my iPhone 7 to get a pixel as soon as that comes out.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

Most likely due to all the fires happening in the US, so they have to keep their customers there when here we have had nothing yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

Along with the USA, Taiwan is also getting a $ 95 credit from Samsung for exchanging their Note 7's for a Samsung device.

I guess our market really doesn't mean anything to Samsung. Timing is good. We were looking to replace our Samsung washer & dryer ( end of life ) and instead of looking at Samsung again, we went with LG. Not that Samsung will notice. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Honestly Samsung doesn't care and this proves it. Instead of doing the same, they ignore us. Time to move on to someone else
I Plan to Stick Around

I contacted Amazon support regardung my Spigen case and they agreed to give me an advanced refund and sent me a shipping label to ship my case back to them.

So looks like you should be good to go if you ordered Spigen cases from Amazon.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just chatted with Samsung Canada Product Support, who confirmed that the same $100 credit will be applied to Canadian returns if you replace your Note7 with a S7 or S7 Edge. And that they will also process refunds for Note7-specific accessories, even if bought from Amazon (the only other retailer mentioned specifically). I'll be going to my local Rogers this evening, so we'll see. My plan at this point is to go for the S7 Edge.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a S7 Edge on hold as a replacement of one of my Note 7's.  It'll be interesting to see how Rogers handle the replacement process - if they have a way to credit me for the $100 difference between the price of the Note 7 and S7 Edge.  Additionally, wonder if they would add a credit of $100 that Samsung offers for getting a Samsung as a replacement phone.

Anyway, will find out as I plan to go in this morning for the exchange.