cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robx7fcna

You can log into My Rogers - Products And Services - Device Reservation

Reserve the Pixel XL and once it goes to the store, do the return and refund OR you can return and get a full refund from the Note 7 and once the Pixel XL gets shipped to the store, do the upgrade again.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
@biks21

When I got the Note7 it was $549 minus $150 trade in device

iPhone 7 Plus $660 minus $150 trade in device.

$110 more for the iPhone. Keep in mind i just got charged for the Note 7 now and is due Nov 2nd. Still time for them to rework my bill. They said I should receive the $150 on the next bill

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Thanks Meowmix,

So I can in fact go for the upgrade eh? Cool. I'll do that now. The Rogers employee at the store said I wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade.

I'll go upgrade now refund when the pixel arrives. Thanks again

biks21
I plan to stick around
You paid 660 for the iPhone 7+ because you're on premium tab + right? Because the phone is 799 on my plan...also I paid 559 for the note 7

Prospect
I plan to stick around

Is the LG V20 hitting Rogers at all?

Samsung and Apple maintain resale, not sure about Pixel or V20 sadly.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Unfortunately no word has been given yet on if it will come or not.

Bieta
I've been here awhile
Does anyone know if we have to return the gear fit 2 as well as the box accessories?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Bieta

Any pre order gift such as the Speaker, Gear Fit, Memory card will be kept by the customer as a gift. In order to proceed with a refund or a exchange you must return either the original device or replacement with the box, accesories. So yes the accessories from the replacement u must return back.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
are you sure one needs to return accessories and box. its a silly requirement for a product that can explode.. no box = keep the bomb at home :))?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Yes. When returning or exchanging a product for whatever reason it may be, the customer needs to bring everything they got when they first got the product. That includes the box, accesories inside the box, manuals and such. If the accessories and box are not present they will not go ahead with the return or exchange. All carriers and most companies do this. So let's say a laptop is on a recall and you take it back to Best Buy. In order to do the return or exchange u need everything that came with the laptop including charger and box. This is a requirement from the manufacturers as well.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Samsung USA is offering all Note 7 users a $100 bill credit if you exchange your note 7 for another Samsung device. Even if you choose another brand or just take a refund, Samsung USA will give you a $25 credit.

Samsung Canada, Samsung Canada, Samsung Canada?

Why would anyone remain loyal to Samsung in Canada?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

They are doing the $100 credit towards any Samsung device because they damaged their brand because of this. A $25 credit is something but should be a bit more for the inconvenience that all the Note 7 users have faced.

Agreed. Samsung Canada once again has failed to communicate and leave us in the dark. Thus why i moved away from their TV's a while back and now from their mobile.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@Prospect The LG V20 will be distributed exclusively by Videotron according to Maple syrup.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Yeah that is pretty sad they don't do something like that here in Canada. Maybe due to the fact they only sold 20,000 devices and couldn't care less. I like Samsung devices and have a few at home. Might be my last Samsung phone for a while. They Haven't had the greatest customer service over the years with me on some products.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
I gotta say I'm glad they didn't have the black iPhone 7 plus in stock. I went back to the s7 edge and to be honest I forgot how wonderful it was. It's really a great device and without a doubt the next best thing in relation to the Note 7. I got 209$ worth of credit. I had paid 350$ for the note 7 so 141$ is not too bad for a brand new s7 edge tbh. Soo glad I didn't go for the iPhone 7 plus. I'm selling my iPhone 7 to get a pixel as soon as that comes out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Most likely due to all the fires happening in the US, so they have to keep their customers there when here we have had nothing yet.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Along with the USA, Taiwan is also getting a $ 95 credit from Samsung for exchanging their Note 7's for a Samsung device.

I guess our market really doesn't mean anything to Samsung. Timing is good. We were looking to replace our Samsung washer & dryer ( end of life ) and instead of looking at Samsung again, we went with LG. Not that Samsung will notice. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Honestly Samsung doesn't care and this proves it. Instead of doing the same, they ignore us. Time to move on to someone else

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I contacted Amazon support regardung my Spigen case and they agreed to give me an advanced refund and sent me a shipping label to ship my case back to them.

So looks like you should be good to go if you ordered Spigen cases from Amazon.

zantesys
I've been here awhile

I just chatted with Samsung Canada Product Support, who confirmed that the same $100 credit will be applied to Canadian returns if you replace your Note7 with a S7 or S7 Edge. And that they will also process refunds for Note7-specific accessories, even if bought from Amazon (the only other retailer mentioned specifically). I'll be going to my local Rogers this evening, so we'll see. My plan at this point is to go for the S7 Edge.

rajeshr
I plan to stick around

I have a S7 Edge on hold as a replacement of one of my Note 7's.  It'll be interesting to see how Rogers handle the replacement process - if they have a way to credit me for the $100 difference between the price of the Note 7 and S7 Edge.  Additionally, wonder if they would add a credit of $100 that Samsung offers for getting a Samsung as a replacement phone.

Anyway, will find out as I plan to go in this morning for the exchange.